Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Cardiff, Hull and C Palace

Perennial Championship teams. Nothing whatsoever to frighten us, certainly when you compare to Southampton and West Ham 12 months ago.

Both those teams had strong teams to begin with, coupled with massive financial backing. West Ham paid about £10m for Jarvis and got Carroll on a season loan. Southampton already had Ricky Lambert and Adam Lallana but were also able to add £12m Ramirez, £7m Rodriguez, etc.

Famous last words, but I certainly can''t see both Hull and Palace being any better than Reading were this year. Cardiff I''m less sure on as I think they could be the ones to splash the cash, what with Malaysian owners, but is Mackay really the man to attract the qualty what they need? Are Palace still under financial constraints given they were in administration just 3 years ago?

At least with Hughton and Norwich, we have 2 successive mid table finishes under our belt - from an attraction point of view, we should be streets ahead of these teams now.

Interestingly however, in the 6 games we played against these 3 teams in our Promotion season 2, we lost 3 and drew 3!!

Hull and Palace i can see being not good enough. Similar to Reading this season but worse. Neither have the financial backing to seriously strengthen their sqauds so i predict them to be comfortably the bottom two. Cardiff i am a bit worried about, can see them staying up, what with the Malaysian money, Malky as boss and being in Wales like Swansea i can see their home from being very good. So that just leaves one of the usual suspects to finish above. One of Stoke, Sunderland, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle, Fulham possibly even West Ham or Swansea if they suffer with a few injurys and Swansea being in europe. Should be easy enough right?

I''m not sure how much Palace''s owners will want to splash the proberbial cash but Jeremy Hosking who has one quarter ownership of the club owns and runs an investment fund and has estimated assets of around £180 million. If his other three co-owners, one of whom is the owner and founder of the Churchill Insurance company have roughly the same personal wealth then Palace are hardly going to be paupers-but that collective wealth will make Delia seem like one!

I''m sure they''ll spend quite a bit on ensuring they have a good chance of staying put. Besides, all the things being said about them and Hull now would have been said about us in 2011 and we proved them all wrong, so lets not write them off just yet.

Mid/lower table teams such as ourselves write off the newly promoted sides at our peril, well done to all three for getting out of a very tough league!

Think Cardiff will follow the likes of us, Swansea and Southampton and Hull will stay up just. But with their poor manager, no Zaha and no Murray I think Palace will bomb back down again

[quote user="Morison''s Prozac"]Think Cardiff will follow the likes of us, Swansea and Southampton and Hull will stay up just. But with their poor manager, no Zaha and no Murray I think Palace will bomb back down again
I agree with Prozac, Crystal Palace (apart from Zaha) looked utter rubbish today. The championship was incredibly close this season, and you''ve got to think that if certain decisions didn''t go some ways it might have been different teams coming up it was that tight. So yeah, CP and Hull don''t seem to have enough quality for the premier league in my eyes.