Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Palace or Watford... who would you prefer?

Everybody has money to spend, but Holloway will need far more than most. Palace hadn''t finished higher than 15th over the previous four seasons and had the worst run of form of any team ever entering the playoffs.

Holloway has the experience from his promotion with Blackpool, but it looks like a fight between Palace and Hull for the 20th spot next season.

[quote user="paul moy"]
Holloway will have money to spend   
[/quote]

What makes you say that? I thought they were on the verge of going bust not so long back and were only saved by a consortium of fans who still run the Club.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Holloway will have money to spend    [/quote]

What makes you say that? I thought they were on the verge of going bust not so long back and were only saved by a consortium of fans who still run the Club.

[/quote]He''ll have a few million for sure, as he said in his interview... (NB: they will get TV money for the season even if only at the end... 60m so they can borrow against that if necessary)  ... he also mentioned ground improvements !!, and then they will have parachute payments to look forward to if the worst happens.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He''ll have a few million for sure, as he said in his interview... (NB: they will get TV money for the season even if only at the end... 60m so they can borrow against that if necessary)  ... he also mentioned ground improvements !!, and then they will have parachute payments to look forward to if the worst happens.
[/quote]

So Palace who are hideously in debt by the way can borrow to buy players but we cannot borrow to build bricks and mortar......looks like Bowkett and McNally had better ask Palace who they bank with.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Holloway will have money to spend    [/quote]

[/quote]He''ll have a few million for sure, as he said in his interview... (NB: they will get TV money for the season even if only at the end... 60m so they can borrow against that if necessary)  ... he also mentioned ground improvements !!, and then they will have parachute payments to look forward to if the worst happens. [/quote]

So Palace who are hideously in debt by the way can borrow to buy players but we cannot borrow to build bricks and mortar......looks like Bowkett and McNally had better ask Palace who they bank with.

[/quote]So how much is ''hideously in debt'' ?  My cursory investigations show that they went into administration in 2010 and wrote off the 30 million while also obtaining the ground freehold from Lloyds and now operate as CPFC 2010.   I would imagine that they now have comparatively very little debt.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He''ll have a few million for sure, as he said in his interview... (NB: they will get TV money for the season even if only at the end... 60m so they can borrow against that if necessary)  ... he also mentioned ground improvements !!, and then they will have parachute payments to look forward to if the worst happens.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So how much is ''hideously in debt'' ?  My cursory investigations show that they went into administration in 2010 and wrote off the 30 million while also obtaining the ground freehold from Lloyds and now operate as CPFC 2010.   I would imagine that they now have comparatively very little debt.

[/quote]

Is that what happened with the binners after they went into administration Moyo?

You haven''t answered my question. You say they are ''hideously in debt'', so how much is that, or were you simply making a wild unsubstantiated guess ?  

[quote user="paul moy"]You haven''t answered my question. You say they are ''hideously in debt'', so how much is that, or were you simply making a wild unsubstantiated guess ?  
[/quote]

Less than 10,000 season ticket holders in the Championship with a wage bill of £12.5 million.Still owe HMRC money so i will leave you to do the maths.

£12.5 million wage bill.

Is that high for Championship team? If it is, with the greatest respect, with the team they have (of not ''big'' names) then that is not good management, and unless things change, CEO wise, then things could get worse with bigger fish to fry.

They have said they are definately going to spend some on the ground, so they may have a long term plan, that relegation, and another promotion might be the answer.

Would think the Palace hierachy are fully expecting to come straight back down again and, unlike the fans, won''t be massively disappointed as the inflow of PL money will stabilise them financially, plus the enormous parachute payments will see them much better placed for another crack at promotion.Looking at the new season from the angle of all three promoted clubs, they will of course be looking at our fixture amongst certain  others as a realistic chance of  gaining valuable points.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]You haven''t answered my question. You say they are ''hideously in debt'', so how much is that, or were you simply making a wild unsubstantiated guess ?   [/quote]

Less than 10,000 season ticket holders in the Championship with a wage bill of £12.5 million.Still owe HMRC money so i will leave you to do the maths.

[/quote]

You ignore the 15 million quid from the sale of Zaha in January which will have covered this season''s wage bill !! Attendances will rise for the Prem, especially with Holloway''s unpredictable brand of football where he no doubt will shock a few with surprise results just as he did with Blackpool.  Wembley was choc-a-block yesterday so that shows the potential of drawing in fans, however with the money now in the Prem attendance money is very much secondary to TV revenue.    Palace will reap 120 odd million even if relegated next season so they won''t have any money worries for a while as long as they adhere to a commonsense prudent approach just as we have.