Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Palace or Watford... who would you prefer?

Whoever is likely to be less of a force next season. No preferences either way except for this practical reason.

In honesty, none seem very strong, although Watford could have a few aces up their sleeve should proposed legislation against their Italian connection not come about or be avoidable.

On balance then, it has to be Palace and one of those bottom three places booked already.

We always seem to lose against Palace (especially when I go to watch), and Selhurst Park is an absolute dump, so Watford for me.

While neither look strong from what I''ve seen we should caution against underestimating them. A lot of people thought we were relegation certainties when we came up...

has to be palace for me (and would love to see Wilbraham score) as I live nearby.... but that said the last time I saw us win there we had Shaun Carey playing so perhaps I should be careful what I''m wishing for!

[quote user="Mahogany"]We always seem to lose against Palace (especially when I go to watch), and Selhurst Park is an absolute dump, so Watford for me. While neither look strong from what I''ve seen we should caution against underestimating them. A lot of people thought we were relegation certainties when we came up...[/quote]

True, but from what I have seen of them this season they are nowhere near as strong as any of this season''s relegated sides. This afternoon will provide more clues.

Of course they will have the Summer to strengthen and the Holloway factor seems to inspire.

I''ve only been there once, a Christmas fixture, and Mark Robins sored the only goal. Awful game and both sides were relegated that season.

"The Holloway factor seems to inspire".

You do know Blackpool were relegated, right? And its also worth noting that Palace went on a long winless streak (since February, I think). The final day was a lot closer than it needed to be. All this crap about Holloway being a great inspirational manager and tactically positive - I beg to differ!

(Yes, we were on a winless streak. The situation was different - we were in the Premier League, Palace were in the top half of the Championship. They should have won more, simply because everybody in that league beats everybody else)

I''d like Palace to come up:a) A good pay day for Wilbrahamb) It will highlight Holloway''s tactical naivety at the highest level, demonstrating to about 20% of the posters on this message board that he would NOT be a good replacement for Chris Hughtonc) We might be able to buy Vydra if Watford stay down

Everybody and his dog knows Blackpool were relegated, but for a considerable part of that season he got the very best from a weak team, whilst playing attractively, and it was a close run thing in the end.

Whilst not wanting Holloway anywhere near Norwich his managerial record has been characterised by the ability to achieve from limited resources. Palace atm is but one further example of this and they are now in a play-off final whereas stronger and wealthier clubs like Leicester and Middlesborough have fallen by the wayside.

I hope they win because I wouldn''t anticipate them being much of a combined force next season.

Palace or Watford... who would you prefer?Palace - A dump of a ground, which I hate visiting.Watford - Bent the rules by signing 14 loan player.Don''t think either will improve the Premiership, lets hope it''s a short stay.

Moy will be a nightmare, so Watford. And it''s only up the road from me. Still a pain to get to, like Palace.

[quote user="henrik"]Palace for me because of their cheerleaders[/quote]

[Y]

Those who say Palace is a dump - have you been to Watford? I don''t really care who it is, but would probably plump for Palace as they have done it without bending the rules (or, apparently requiring a PL rule change if they get promotion) - don''t Watford only have 14 of their own players?

Not sure, no clear under dog in terms of being in the top flight. Though at the same time I think either will be relegation contenders!

Whoever wins only survive for one season have they ever survived more than one season.  Watford just as much a dump as Palace but it is in Herts so easier to get to, haven''t been since Bruce scored in 1-0 back in 80''s, got to be Watford.

Probably Watford, because they have that ''homely'' feel about them (conveniently ignoring the 37 Italians they have had there this season). Would love to hear the ''Golden Boys'' chant again.

Palace? Last time I went there I had to stand (ZDS Cup I think it was?) and it is/was a dump

British success before Italian ...... Holloway before Zola.....  Come on the Palace !!! 

"Don''t want another team that plays in yellow in the Prem thanks!"    Good point it''s gonna be Palace for me then (just for one season)

Can''t see either team doing well in the prem if they play like this.Watford have 982 loan players and the only real Palace spark has been Zaha who will most likely be playing in the United team, or loaned to a different club.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]7 loan players int heir starting 11 and a load more on the bench. Disgusting![/quote]Like Glenn Roeder all over again.

Palace.

Basically everything goes through zaha and he''s off, and I think Murray will struggle in the prem, especially with the service -zaha.

Watford have rich owners and I think they''ll shift a fair few u

Of the loans over to permanent deals