Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Is the trip to the US going to serve any purpose?

Had the deal with Kai gone through, then a US tour would have been part of the deal with the MLS who own the players contracts. I would guess a trip had been penciled in on that basis anyway. Part of global branding of the EPL is touring in these places and City are playing their part in that process. Other than it''s very expensive for City fans to travel to see, I don''t see a down side.

Reading Canary some of you guys need to get about in the world. It is Sky TV (Fox TV) that advertises Premier League sides thoughout the world not tiring, poxy 7 day tours to the sticks. You can watch Norwich play in Pubs and clubs and your own home from Hong Kong, and Chicago to Taupo (NZ) and Perth (Oz) without any problems. A coach load of Norwich players playing some Mexican team few have ever heard of is going to do nothing for Norwich if all 25 players are going to get part of the game. Intensive pre season training is the way to go preferably away from other Clubs scouts. Hit the ground running fresh and fit. New players, good weather, etc is all on our doorstep in Europe. 1992 was twenty years ago. The world has changed.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Could it just be an expensive junket for Directors, staff and players I wonder?

When I was an export rep. I remember being told by foreign buyers how amazed they were by the number of British Company Directors turned up on their doorsteps especially in the Med, and the South of France. Of course it was a way to get their holiday bankrolled by their companies.

I personally cannot see the point of Norwich being involved in a long and tiring trip to play three teams of Championship standard.

[/quote]

Exactly how detrimental will this ''long and tiring'' trip in July be to our performances next season?

What would you like them to do instead?

Have any of the moaners considered that it is more than likely a simple case of getting out into sunnier hotter climes than Germany / Europer.. a great way to treat the guys for a good and lucrative season... You dont have to play big teams all pre-season! back in the day pre-season was about the odd big game but moreso against teams you could wallop and get some confidence in the team.

Some of you moaning about the costs! How ever much do you think send 20 odd lads to America is going to cost? a simply tiny fraction of what we have just earned, and if it wasnt cost effective or even free, McNally wouldnt do it. Do you also think these are the only 3 games we will play all pre-season? 2 of the 3 games are against half decent opposition, and we will certainly have a bigger opposition or 2 and then the games against local opposition that cost next to nothing but offer a good chance for us locals to get involved.

Was this post just an opportunity for for the OP to show he he thinks he''s a billy-big-b0llocks? I think so,

[quote user="Bobert"]Reading Canary some of you guys need to get about in the world. It is Sky TV (Fox TV) that advertises Premier League sides thoughout the world not tiring, poxy 7 day tours to the sticks. You can watch Norwich play in Pubs and clubs and your own home from Hong Kong, and Chicago to Taupo (NZ) and Perth (Oz) without any problems. A coach load of Norwich players playing some Mexican team few have ever heard of is going to do nothing for Norwich if all 25 players are going to get part of the game. Intensive pre season training is the way to go preferably away from other Clubs scouts. Hit the ground running fresh and fit. New players, good weather, etc is all on our doorstep in Europe. 1992 was twenty years ago. The world has changed.[/quote]It would be easier to simply say you don''t understand....

Crabby - Villa are indeed going to Germany (the area around Dortmund to be precise) this summer at about the same time as we''re in the states. They will be playing a regional side and two div.2 temas I believe....  I suspect our opponents will be a bit more challenging, but, preseason tours aren''t necessarilly about the challenge.

Just ou tof interest, did the OP object this much before we went to Malaysia in 2004 (I think it was)? And to suggest that the team will be travelling around the states on Greyhound buses is surely the signs of a wind up.

Yeah but he''s a well paid big in da game, obviously well good looking with a huge d1ck auditor who knows everything. I cant wait to hear where we should be going for pre-season. Roys of Wroxham? Euro Disney? Glastonbury?

Does anyone know how to get your account deleted? This thread is the last straw. Christ alive. PLEASE don''t breed!

anyone suspect that our American partners, can''t remember their name, from Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania or somewhere, have a part to play in this trip? i an sure it was arranged in consultation with them, they will want to promote the brand stateside for their benefit as well as ours.

It would seem to be a commercial thing rather than a football thing. The Carrow Road goldmine rolls on and on.

That''s ok as long as it is not detrimental to our pre-season preparations, which I don''t suppose it will be. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

It would seem to be a commercial thing rather than a football thing. The Carrow Road goldmine rolls on and on.

That''s ok as long as it is not detrimental to our pre-season preparations, which I don''t suppose it will be. 

[/quote]

Oh Christ another one!!

Is this all part of our master strategy to get £10m for Holt?  I mean, taking official pictures of him alongside Americans will instantly take 3 stone of his actual weight.