Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Anyone coming to America for Pre-Season?

Sorry I have put this in a few posts but sometimes gets lost in the middle 30 other people commenting on a post

But I plan on arriving in Sacramento on July 17th I believe it is the Wed''s and leaving on Sunday which I believe is the 21st. Probably stay in Sac til Friday then head down to San Jose Saturday check out Napa Valley the mountains or whatever :)

If anyone is interested please let me know

https://www.facebook.com/roger.mallett1980

Roger :)

or email me : rpm06121980@Yahoo.com

Well that''s polite of you to say :) thanks how terrible trying to meet some fellow Canaries and save a little money at the same time.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Well that''s polite of you to say :) thanks how terrible trying to meet some fellow Canaries and save a little money at the same time.[/quote]That,s very polite of you, I would have just called him a T W A T

Some of us from New York are going. We''ll have a tailgate party in Sac (bring beer) and a pub meet up in San Jose. Look forward to meeting all the yellows from other places in the US. Aware of about 50. Get in.

The missus and I were going to head out to Portland and make a summer holiday out of it but flights alone are a grand each so will have to pass on that one. Would have loved to!

Just the arrogant way they treat people travelling through customs is enough to deter me. Additionally, also being threatened with being shot, once by a copper in NY who fancied my girlfriend, and by a soldier after getting lost and asking for directions near the Pentagon in Washington was enough for me to decide I prefer other countries.  Enjoy your trip !!

Well I already live here in the States so not as far or expensive of a journey for me and @NYCANARIES how many are there from you guys going? Just curious.

I honestly haven''t seen Norwich play since 93 the Bayern game. I can''t wait.

Arriving in San Fransisco on 19th and meeting up with USA based daughter then going to San Jose and Portland games. Staying in Redwood City before and after 1st match then driving up the fantastic Highway 1 to Portland. Look forward to hearing where San Jose pub meet is. Already have our match tickets. OTBC

a few mates and I were planning on flying from dulles. however even an internal flight, for that distance, is $500 each.

I have tuition to pay before august classes begin. D:

Well I already live here in the States so not as far or expensive of a journey for me and @NYCANARIES how many are there from you guys going? Just curious.

I honestly haven''t seen Norwich play since 93 the Bayern game. I can''t wait.

------------------------------------------------------

yeah - if i were in your shoes I''d make the trip, but I saw them play all the home games between dec 5 and april 5.

I am travelling down from Canada on the 17th and flying back on the 21st. Will be staying in San Jose and travelling to Sacramento for the game on Thursday and going to the San Jose game on the saturday. Can''t wait!

Wow, have to tell you the San Jose stadium facilities looks like a throwback to the Nest :-)

Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

Shame we are not playing in LA instead.

Home Depot Center, Carson LA

Still, San Francisco / Bay Area is physically beautifull, so well worth spending time to explore the city, coastline, wine country etc.

Sacremento ground is a basebal stadium, which could be fun, so if this view on Google maps is right, best tickets may be on 3rd base side of the stands.

Raley Field, Sacramento, CA

“The game will give Sacramento soccer fans the opportunity to see two distinct styles of football – the short passing, inventive Latino style against the more direct physical approach from the English Premier League,” said Graham Smith, technical director of Sac Pro Soccer. :-)

I would love to go so much, but unless I win the lottery there is no chance.  Family holiday is the only time I get to splash out the cash and that is already bought and paid for.  Have a great time guys!