Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NO football this weekend, none that matters anyway...

The play off final matters!! Get to see who we''ll play next season and what ground we''ll end up visiting.I''m off to watch the egg chasers at Twickenham. Not really a rugby fan at all but had the chance of a free ticket so thought I''d give it a look.Will be another stadium done and will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like in Rugby crowd with no segregation.Oh and you can take your pint to your seat, at least that''ll be good!

Saturday: Working a full shift (8am-11pm) and then sleeping in (I work at a children''s home). Plus side is I should get to watch CL Final with the kids.
Sunday: Waking up at work bright and early, then going to some cave thing with the missus (Treak Cavern or something).
Monday: Watching Playoff Final and enjoying having the house to myself while the missus is out for day with friends. Fifa time. Then playing 5 a side in evening.
Weekend done and we''ll be that little bit closer to next season!

Budapest Canary wrote: Watch the CL final and root for Dortmund...

...and, of course, try to spot potential targets for next season... that Lewandowski guy looked half decent...

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]I''ll be hanging around car parks in Whitlingham Lane.[/quote]check the bulbs in your motor before you go!!! [:O]

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]I''ll be hanging around car parks in Whitlingham Lane.[/quote]

Bad Dog

Season 4 of Arrested Development is released tomorrow, so yeah that will probably occupy alot of my time. :P

Am sitting in the kitchen, reading in preparation of a major professional qualification interview in less than 2 weeks time.

and reading the pinkun, waiting to see which new signing has been spotted in Asda.

Bunch of cricket ignorami.

New Zealand at the moment, then the Champions trophy in twelve days time and then the highlight of the sporting summer ...... The Ashes.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

New Zealand at the moment, then the Champions trophy in twelve days time and then the highlight of the sporting summer ...... The Ashes.

[/quote]Cricket is painfully dull. The % of active play against the total time for the match is horrendous. The commentators are as dull as ditch water too.The less I know about cricket, the better.

Oh dear KLo the many addicts such as myself will wince at your words.

Such an intricate game, I watch eevery minute of eevery game. Eevery ball bowled. I pee during the drinks intervals, have a sandwich during the lunch break and tea and biscuits during the tea interval.

I tend to disagree about the commentators too. With few exceptions the test match commentary team are head and shoulders above any football pundits.

Oh dear KLo the many addicts such as myself will wince at your words.

Such an intricate game, I watch eevery minute of eevery game. Eevery ball bowled. I pee during the drinks intervals, have a sandwich during the lunch break and tea and biscuits during the tea interval.

I tend to disagree about the commentators too. With few exceptions the test match commentary team are head and shoulders above any football pundits.

[/quote]There''s FAR too much inactive play. It''s a waste of life watching it. You can lose days.82% of the batting team don''t do anything.Only about 36% of the fielding team are active during each ball bowled.Does aerobic fitness really come into it? Nope.IMO, a proper sport requires competition in skill, judgement and fitness.That also rules out darts.

You seem to have an axe to grind.

Anyhow, as they say, "Your loss."

[/quote]Haha, no. Not at all.I gain.

I bet your bottom dollar KLo that the number of cricket fan''s on this football forum far outweigh those who don''t follow the game.

Trouble is they are hiding atm. (probably watching the cricket like me, but without the laptop on their knee.)

For a few months I shall cease rootin'' for the Hoot and be rootin'' for the Root .... Little Joe that is. Many others will too, I''ll bet.

Apart from being a game of considerable subtlety, tactics and skill, it''s also one of the finest reasons ever invented for sitting in the sun and drinking all day. What''s not to like?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Apart from being a game of considerable subtlety, tactics and skill, it''s also one of the finest reasons ever invented for sitting in the sun and drinking all day. What''s not to like?[/quote]

Try telling that to an albino tee totaller!

Aggers, Bloers, Tuffers, Vaughny and Boycott. TMS on the radio all day. Makes the long boring summer at work a thousand times better. K-Lo you are missing out.

I will miss the Olympics. Those weeks flew by. Listening and watching the assorted sports that I don''t normally give a fig about.

What''s West Bromwich Albion got to do with it?

There''s a good golf course opposite the Hawthorns though .... Oh no! I''ll start KLo off again.

Its the woman''s Cup Final today, I think I''ll watch that, I need a good laugh![;)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Apart from being a game of considerable subtlety, tactics and skill, it''s also one of the finest reasons ever invented for sitting in the sun and drinking all day. What''s not to like?[/quote]

With all due respect to cricket fans (or should that be supporters, I always get confused...), but I was under the impression that bbq''s were the main reason for sitting in the sun and drinking all day...?

[/quote]Alistair Cook and Chris Hughton appear to have something in common, tactically at least.