Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

bassong

doesnt matter if the gun is real or not (speaking of which if its a replica why is he saying hes getting practice in to defend his daughter ? not going to be able to defend against much with one of those) the simple fact is he is a role model and a prominent public figure representing the football club, hardly the image anyone would want to use to promote their business is it

doesnt matter about his "culture", all hes done is yet again reinforce a negative stereotype, given his previous it just highlights a serious lack of intelligence

id fine him 3 months wages and send him out to meet victims of gun crime, just to wake him up a bit

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I think we also have to remember that African players come from a different culture where guns are commonplace.[/quote]Yes.  Let''s not also forget how lucky he is to not be in a famine.

Jeez why do people soil their pants over a gun.

Anyone would think guns had minds of their own. Dogs have minds of their own and they put over 6000 people in hospital each year. And yet the government''s student yoof foot soldiers aren''t constantly cry babying about those.

I am sorry I just don''t think that this is acceptable behaviour from Bassong and a massive misjudgement on his part.The gun debate can rage on, ultimately it is not acceptable to have a real hand gun. If it is, then it is illegal and Bassong has got previous with illegal weapons. The bigger issue here is protection of the brand. Norwich City as a Premier League club have a brand to protect and as an ambassador of the club, he should not have done what he has done. I cannot believe that these players do not get media coaching and as such, to completely go against the clubs image and rules on what is acceptable is disgraceful and I hope he is punished in a fitting manner.  Giving the media the opportunity to blow it out of proportion is unacceptable and he needs to be coached to handle himself in the appropriate and required style.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I agree that the whole thing is silly, but apparently the club have confirmed that it''s a fake gun. I think we also have to remember that African players come from a different culture where guns are commonplace. Storm in a teacup, IMO.[/quote]

He was born and brought up in Paris. Last time I looked, Paris was not in Africa!

I really rate Bassong, but if you''re a public figure posting pictures of yourself on the web with a gun is pretty stupid.

What an idiot for posting this picture, especially if it turns out the gun is real; I wouldn''t be surprised, wasn''t the reason he had the club in his car because he was in trouble with a gang, or so that was the reason he gave the judge.