Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

bassong

man must be an absolute moron to think posting pictures of himself with a gun online was a good idea, guess it could turn out to be a replica but its not really the point.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4944413/Shoot-for-brains-Prem-ace-Bassong-pulls-gun-in-net-pose.htmlthe fa will throw the book at him, and so should the club, i suspect the police might want a word as wellgreat way to ruin the season he hadgrade A pr@T

Maybe a different perspective from "across the pond" but nothing wromg with that - everyone here is allowd a personal firearm, subject to a background check against felony or lunacy.

So what exactly is the issue you are whinging on about ?

Not sure I see a problem here, if he was indeed practicing for his daughters protection.I think most English people suffer from hoplophobia. They see a gun and they believe that someone is about to die. Heck, my daughter just had her 6th birthday party at an archery range here in Colorado, where 15 other 6 to 9 year old boys and girls used proper bows and had a barrel of fun. I would be more worried about whoever thought it was clever to title the article "Shoot for brains". Nothing like trying to provoke stupid responses with a stupid title. And the quote: "This kind of behaviour should not be tolerated.” Talk about social engineering! I''d have to say that a quote like that should not be tolerated!I myself am about to purchase a 9mm and a compound bow.

won''t make any comments about bassong until more has come out about it.

but the gun debate is a whole other situation, which I will predict will take over this thread via US vs UK users etc. etc.

have fun with it, all.

Typical hysterical media reaction to two photos. I think posting them online was daft but as usual The Sun / Media have blown it out of proportion and by printing the photos have actually highlighted them to millions more people becoming guilty of the thing they were angry at Bassong for.

Only two photos were uploaded and its difficult to ascertain any kind of context from them and certainly can''t be used to debate the rights and wrongs of what Bassong did or as debate for gun laws.

The club have obviously had a word and as a result the photos were taken down. I don''t think anything else needs to happen.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]The photo inset of Bassong in his City kit makes him look about 50 years old!

[/quote]

I honestly can''t see the problem with this, what if it were Wayne Rooney or RVP or even Suarez, I can remember the time when footballers got dressed up in cowboy kit and were in all the local press prior to a Derby, and those pictures  sometimes were full page, Lets not Allow the Media make this worse than what it is, and the gun is only a toy as well, Or is the real problem Seb''s Colour, ? Leave him alone    

Whether or not there is a problem with poses such as this with fake (if it is fake) guns is a discussion I''m not going to get involved in. Fact of the matter is, there is a grey line at best as to whether it is acceptable. It would be far better if people in the public eye, as premier league footballers are, didn''t go and post controversial - or potentially controversial - images on the internet. Rather silly from Bassong and had it been a player from another club I think he would have been getting quite a bit of stick on here (at least for his stupidity in posting the photos if nothing more).

Looks like making something of nothing to me. But, it was probably a bit foolish of him to stick it on the internet.

Bassong has previous in terms of bad judgement and weapons. Remember the illegal club found in his car?

He seems a little paranoid to me.

But, y''know... m''eh!

I agree that the whole thing is silly, but apparently the club have confirmed that it''s a fake gun. I think we also have to remember that African players come from a different culture where guns are commonplace. Storm in a teacup, IMO.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I think we also have to remember that African players come from a different culture where guns are commonplace. Storm in a teacup, IMO.[/quote]
Not sure I agree with that. Weren''t Suarez''s "racist" comments towards Evra commonplace in Uruguay? Doesn''t make them right.

I''m not personally bothered by it but he should know that the press would eat this up. I''d advise against doing what he''s done although i''d agree with the ''storm in a tea cup'' quote. The thing is'' suarez''s was too and because that all got blown out of proportion, he got an 8 game ban. Hopefully Bassong doesn''t get in trouble for this, and nor do I think he should but if he does, he''s only got himself to blame.

I am just waiting for the hysteria from mothers against guns ,guns are bad mckay

as far as I am aware he didn''t break any firearms laws ,but don''t let that spoil a "good story"

Pleeeeeassse somebody think of the children ,gawd give me strength .

In all seriousness though. Not his smartest move.If it''s a slow Sports news day this could quite easily become bigger than it needs to be.Add in a few pictures of the Stoke and Sunderland players recently who have been misbehaving.A nice little story for a journalist looking for something to fill his page with.

Not a smart move in my opinion from one of our best players.Corporate advertisers won''t exactly be breaking his door down for his signature after this!Do people really think that guns make them look cool - really??? Maybe a 12 year old hooked on xbox games, but a grown up family man??I would have thought being a premier league footballer is "cool" enough!

Really not the kind of press we need.

It''s probably completely harmless from his point of view, but a very silly mistake putting those pictures online...

He can have a fu(kin bazooka on his shoulder for all i care

and preferably when he''s up against RVP! [;)]

Cough cough, shuffle shuffle, tuneless whistling, downcast eyes of the Canary Failthful as our Player of the Season proves for the second time in a few months that he fancies himself as a "Gangsta". Sad, to say there will be loads of people willing to put this down to the folly of youth.

In reality its an overpaid bloke with too much time on his hands and a tenuous grip on reality who thinks he can get away with anything and that the world (outside Sun readers) has the slightest interest in what he gets up to off the football field.

What would our reaction it was Titus Bramble (with a similar sized brain and ego) who was the centre of attention?

i really wouldn''t care who did it, when jay bothroyd showed his ridiculous gangsta tattoo the other week i just rolled my eyes and thought grow up man, what really gets on my wick is the rent a quote we get off a crime victim every time someone famous does something a bit childish...

I don''t see what the problem is either.He is doing it from his home and not in public, he posted it on instagram so you''ll only see it if you follow him and if you were some how offended by the pictures you could just unfollow. How many guys would pose with a fake gun and pretend they''re 007 or something? quite a lot I''d imagine. Trouble with today is some people are too easily offended over nothing.

You have to admire the genius of our press. They''re concerned about the negative influence on impressionable youngsters seeing this on instagram, which is so outrageous that they put it in the mainstream media so that it reaches MILLIONS of people.

He didn''t harm a single known entity in the universe, therefore it is one massive non-issue and OP... I''d say you''re the grade a prat for getting yourself in such a tangle about it. [;)]

Really ? background checks ? [quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Maybe a different perspective from "across the pond" but nothing wromg with that - everyone here is allowd a personal firearm, subject to a background check against felony or lunacy.

So what exactly is the issue you are whinging on about ?[/quote]