Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

New shirt fit?

I''m sure I saw a few comments on here about the fit of the new shirt but can''t track them down again. Apologies for the repeat thread. Anyway, what are people''s opinions on the fit of the new shirt? I bought a M last season and it seemed ok but maybe a little to baggy (i''m quite tall but a bag of bones) so I was toying with risking going for a small. Anyone else get a medium last season and the new one in M too? If so i''d be grateful of your thoughts on how the two compare. Thanks.

It is a real pain trying to guess these things from afar - I''ve held off getting kits for my boys (8 and 6) as no idea what the sizes come up like.

The sizing is the reason I won''t buy the shirt. The medium is far too baggy in the arms but then length is ok. The small is too short but the fit is better.

I''m 6 foot and normally take a medium or large in normal t-shirts. If you don''t mind the shirt being a bit shorter then go for a small if not a medium will be better but still baggy.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What about us salad dodgers ? [:D][/quote]Bertram Mills do a nice big top but not in yellow and green.

An alternative sizing question. I''ve got the last two home shirts and the last one was much better than the one before. My main problem with the first Errea kit was the size of the neck it was so small I had to deface it in the same way as Grant Holt did just to get it on (although the rest of the shirt fit fine). The new kit looks (on the internet) like it has the same issue.

What is the neck sizing like in the new shirt?

I''ve taken the plunge and ordered a small. I guess if it''s stupidly tight then i''ll have to go through the rigmarole and cost of sending it back for a medium. From what people have said though I think it should be fine. I''m a shade under 6ft and quite skinny and figure i''ll just tolerate it being a bit shorter to get the better fit. Once it turns up i''ll update this thread which might help other folks.

I got the M, don''t mind it being too baggy, good to wear over a jumper when going to away matches in winter time... I think it''s about the same as it was last time.

It''s will be music to the ears of the Fat Lads who were whining about not having shirts they could get into.

The argument was along the lines that we should make everything bigger to accommodate them rather than them taking some responsibility for their own weight, and Health,as I recall.

No wonder the NHS is struggling!!

[quote user="Number 9"]Im only ickle but I''m getting an XL so RVW''s name fits across the back.[/quote]

You may be better off going XXL my kids bought mine as a birthday gift and went with last season size and XXL is to small, And no I have not put weight on, and also Check Spelling of RVW name as they have got it wrong more than once. Looks like I will have to buy a XXXL for the winter LOL  

So the small shirt came on Saturday but I''ve had such as busy BH i''ve only just tried it on.

The body fits me perfectly, not too baggy or tight and not annoyingly short. Could either be worn on its own or would accomodate a tshirt underneath. The collar isn''t as tight as the one with the one we had in 11/12 and it features a fairly obvious holding stich so will be more difficult to rip a la Holt.

The sleeves are just bloody confusing, they could easily be from a medium or a large at a push. They reach almost down to my elbows and seem a bit baggy. Whether i''ve got a duff one or not who knows. I am pleased I got a small though and think a medium would''ve been too big for how I like them. Wouldn''t hesitate to recommend it to any nearly 6ft skinny-ish guys!

Hope that helps any distance buyers.

It''s official, Today program reports, Fat Genes do exist!!!

But..........only up to 40% genetic influence. Some fatties have the "hungry" gene. They can eat like a porker and never feel full!

So there it is, the excuse has been found!

Bring on the XXXXXXXL shirts!