Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Sky Sports Season Montage.

If you haven''t seen it already.This Seasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUIuEAmHFsM (2012 / 2013)Still prefer last years thoughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHX0fpiO3R4 (2011 / 2012)Holt celebrating in the 2011 / 2012 one gets me every time and the music is epic.

That really is quite pathetic isn''t it? You obviously have to get relegated to get much of a mention.

On a similar theme I wonder if we can scrape a view of Carrow Road with some crappy Ford parked outside this season? Sky managed to show Stoke, Villa and Fulham last year? Presumably the club gets paid for it?

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

That really is quite pathetic isn''t it? You obviously have to get relegated to get much of a mention.

On a similar theme I wonder if we can scrape a view of Carrow Road with some crappy Ford parked outside this season? Sky managed to show Stoke, Villa and Fulham last year? Presumably the club gets paid for it?

Yes you would have thought Howson''s goals might have had a showing, Still Pilks and Turner got a slot,  

Im sorry but that is just plain wrong. I know we may never get past the ''Little old Norwich'' thing but Norwich city fans pay to watch Sky tv, we are in the same deal as everyone else as a club and its quite pathetic to have a couple of second long clips of 2 players in amongst all that footage of the other clubs and not a whiff of Chris Hughton. We finished 11th for christ sake and and goals from Pilks v United, and the 2 from Johnny Howson in our final 2 games sprig to mind yet we get to suffer goals from Stoke? I think i''ll send a letter of complain to Sky not that it will do anything, thank god i''ll be watching most of the games on BT next year and maybe Jake Humphrey may have some kid of influence on Norwich presence? what a joke.

Haven''t watched it yet, but not surprised we barely feature. Did anyone see the MOTD season montage, i didn''t even notice us once in that one

Not the only club not to feature; Fulham and Swansea (Michu aside) not heavily featured either

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Not the only club not to feature; Fulham and Swansea (Michu aside) not heavily featured either[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing in terms of West Brom and West Ham not overly being involved too much. I don''t know why everyone is crying about an advert to promote the league when 60% of the teams are not a draw to the foreign markets that Sky and football teams rim so much these days.

The top stories of last season were United Champions which they covered quite a bit, Man City not being champions which they covered quite a bit, The managerial merry-go-round, Suarez chomping Ivanovic, the teams that got relegated, the players that retired, Spurs c0cking it up and Arsenal qualifying for Champions League and some belters of goals thrown in.

This is not a little old Norwich attitude (although it''s probably what it''ll be dubbed) it''s just that in the grand scheme of BSkyB and their global domination, we are a nothing club and are viewed the same way as 60% of that league are, which is a club to make up the numbers so that the darlings of English football can shine. Let them have their views.

We as Norwich fans will remember those victories of United, Arsenal, and Man City, but for people all over the world, they''ve probably already forgotten it happened. 

I don''t care how we''re viewed in the media and I don''t care how other fans view us. We were rewarded for our finish with extra money from Sky so they can put us in their ads as little as they want as far as I''m concerned. 4 extra seconds in an advert isn''t going to prove anything.

I hate to say it but I completely agree with the post above. This video is an advert - nothing more, nothing less (a real review would have had Suarez biting Ivanovic!). Do Sky think that people in Nigeria or Oman or Canada will know who Norwich are or care? It was a season review and contained mostly the best goals, United winning it and a little bit of the clubs getting relegated. Wigan won the FA Cup ffs and they were barely mentioned; likewise Swansea with the league cup.Less forgivable was the BBC one which really did omit us. There was even a line about ''all the colours of the rainbow'' where it showed every single shade of blue and red in the league but not a splash of yellow, which was bizarre to say the least