Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Grant Holt going down under...

If Holty goes then Hughton is going to have to bring in another 2 Strikers at least. Lets hope he has more luck with that than last season.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If Holty goes then Hughton is going to have to bring in another 2 Strikers at least. Lets hope he has more luck with that than last season.[/quote]
Spot on Mr B. We would be down to RvW and Luciano.  So we would need at least one more now, two if Holty goes. We have of course got James Vaughan but who knows where he stands in the pecking order if indeed he is in it at all.

His wages could go on a much younger striker.

For me with rvw, becchio, Vaughan I could see another striker just replacing holty. Not so sure two if we bring in two wide players of genuine scoring potential and then that midfield dynamo we will have the goals.

Sorry holty was not a great player this season and the run in from January he did very little to really show his desire, poor performances and possibly red cards the way through. We could have gone down this season and he looked a poor second choice striker behind kk from January.

So lets see I would not be too bothered if he goes because we can say thanks and had good years from him, we will have his wages to be used on better younger long term player.

If he stays, apparently we know what we are getting, his wages are tied up in a talisman (although I think he is short of that title and bassong has that title) and he scores goals.

I just think his energy, goals and whole thing is drying up and we could have another season where we all notice he is going down a slippery slope. For me I do not see that he has it all for another season and I think we need to bring in another striker and if holty moved on his wages can be used for this.

Lets see what happens... last year ppl were wetting their pants that we would lose him, I for one did think we could move him on and get better long term... But with Lamberts situation we could not lose holty, although I another years, extension and more £££ seemed too much to me.

This season he is not the big story, we have an amazing striker and looking for wide players and attacking midfield to add the highest quality to compete with rvw. But I do think he can move on and we can replace. I look forward to who we bring in.

The Guardian are claiming that we''ve actually turned down a bid from Melbourne, they are also claiming that Villa, Hull and Sunderland may be interested:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/29/norwich-grant-holt-melbourne-heart

The interesting thing for me is that in all of Hughton''s interviews not once has he categorically said Holt is not for sale....He''ll be off...

Bit of a weird one this. The Australian government are strict with handing out permanent visas at the best of times. Whats the deal with sportsman? Could Holt actually look upon this as a permament move with his kids in mind?

Hotly loves his home town, very much doubt he''ll live anywhere else when he retires.

He might be prepared to go down there if the money is right for a couple of years, their season is only 7 months long so he''d get 5 months solid back here with his family and could have them down there in the holidays etc. Think he''s got family somewhere down under too.

Don''t see it happening though to be honest, and hope it doesn''t, still think we need him.

[quote user="smooth"]

For me with rvw, becchio, Vaughan I could see another striker just replacing holty. 
[/quote]This is about the way I''d put that jigsaw together.

As far as I''m aware, there is absolutely no chance of Vaughan staying. He doesn''t want to be here and doesn''t like the area as he is one cool dude. At least I think that''s how he would describe himself.

We are in a position where we can look for some options, if Vaughan and holt left then we could get replacements, we would have the £ for wages.

I for one believe we will and yes we struggled but I would be happy with new additions. Just think we need to improve across the board up front, we were not good this season.

It will be an exciting summer and I believe we will have a much different forward group than we have ended with now. We have clout after being here for a season or two.

Holty, Vaughan are bit part players, if they are here that is there role... But if we can move on there will be replacements worthy as now we can invest in quality

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As far as I''m aware, there is absolutely no chance of Vaughan staying. He doesn''t want to be here and doesn''t like the area as he is one cool dude. At least I think that''s how he would describe himself.[/quote]

So many posters seeming able to read the mind of James Vaughan, why would he turn down the chance to play in the EPL if it was offered. I cant understand this "he doesnt want to be here" crap, he surely want to be a Prem player. Please explain how you draw your conclusion!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If Holty goes then Hughton is going to have to bring in another 2 Strikers at least. Lets hope he has more luck with that than last season.[/quote]

This depends quite a lot what formation we will play next season. If we play with one striker 3 strikers is more than enought and we should reinforce CAM and Winger positions.

For example Real Madrid has 2 pure strikers and 1 player from their youth team as their reserve,

I personaly would prefer this kind of situation.

[quote user="Josh"]Bit of a weird one this. The Australian government are strict with handing out permanent visas at the best of times. Whats the deal with sportsman? Could Holt actually look upon this as a permament move with his kids in mind?[/quote]He would qualify under the 457 Visa, which is basically a company sponsored visa.

I agree Lavanche,

Do we need 4 out of out strikers if we play 4231...

Similar at Arsenal, they have Podolski and Giround.

Then Walcott, The Ox, Gervinho.

and Chelsea,

Torres and Ba.. Then Mara, Moses, Hazard.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]So we''d go into the season with RVW (unproven), Becchio (unproven) and Carlton Morris (unproven)?!

Riiiiiiiiiiight.[/quote]

Well if we sell Holt all our strikers will be unproven anyway in Norwich shirt ^^ You all saw how well proven scorer Graham did in Sunderland. Now he is in rumours to leave again, so I give rat ass who is proven and who is not as said anyone new was it Messi or C.Ronaldo is unproven before first game,

I would favour situation where we have RvW, Holt and Becchio and then we would add one winger and CAM who has proven goalscoring record and can play at peak if needed. Playertype like Walcott or Marco Reus.

If we have around 20 million in transfer budget and we know that we need to strenghten our left side with two players and bring at least one central middlefielder to build up our play and possible get 4th CB if Barnett and Ayala are leaving. I see no idea of selling Holt and getting 2 new pure strikers to sit on the bench with around 10 million cut to our budget.

As I saidI personaly dont care how unproven RvW and Becchio are, but we need no more than them +1. So at max I hope to see us signing 1 more pure striker even if Holt leaves. If they all fail then the problem is somewhere else.

I think the point your missing "Mr Brownstone" is that nearly all those sides the top goalscorer is a ''wing-forward'' but not out and out striker.

I believe the point Lavanche was making, unless i''m mistaken is if we''re going to play a4231 then the majority of the goals will come from the ''3'' and not from out and out centre-forwards.

So he''s happy to play RvW, and another.

But invest the majority of the money in, RW,LW,CAM.

He would come over on a 421 visa which is a Sport Visa. The Visa only lasts two years. He will have a big problem staying beyond that, "Footballer" is not on the skills shortage list so chance of residency is nill.

I can''t see it happening as A-League clubs never pay transfer fees. They get out of contract players such as Kewell, Heskey, Del Pierro etc.