Sign in to follow this  
Baracouda

Van Ginkel -- Chelsea?

couldn''t see this posted, but reports Van Ginkel off to Chelsea... believe we were linked during the closing months.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/27/4006681/chelsea-set-to-secure-van-ginkel-as-mourinhos-first-signing?ICID=HP_HN_1

Rumoured to be after him and would have been a great asset but I think he always had his sights set on a top six club.

if he''s off to chelsea, perhaps/hopefully (if not very unlikely) the rumours of diego capel were true. primarily a left winger but I believe he can slot in behind the striker.

would most likely cost us what RVW did, though.

I use to love watching Capel at Seville, him and Navas were just amazingly quick...

Always found it strange that he ended up at Lisbon for a cheap fee.

While this could certainly be the case, it doesn''t necessarily have to. RvW was reputed to be off to one or more of the big clubs and it didn''t happen. Van Ginkel says he wants Champions League football but there are so many variables involved in these cases.

I thought I saw De Bruyne isn''t coming back, he''s being used as part of a transfer? Not sure if that''s right though...

Hate this 40 men reserve big clubs are keeping.. anyway Van Ginkel doesnt seem Mourinho type player.

He normaly wants quite big names or players with good physical attributes. Kevin De Bruyne is probably better of these two at the moment and have proven himself in Bundesliga,

If they really sign him he probably would go on loan as Bruyne and Lukaku. There could be our chances to sign him on loan thought with Chelsea paying part of his salary ^^

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I thought I saw De Bruyne isn''t coming back, he''s being used as part of a transfer? Not sure if that''s right though...[/quote]

He is at the moment linked with Dortmund, but cant see a logic there if they sign Ginkel and throw Bruyne away if not for huge profit.

Yelloow since 72 wrote -

"Any chance of City signing Christian Eriksen of Ajax, as he is being tipped for a move? Expensive, I know, but would be a massive signing for us. "

As he is as good as, if not better, than Van Ginkel I very much doubt it. Also valued at £14m.

Hmm, something has just crossed my mind. I watch a fair bit of Dutch Football and Alkmaar have several very talented young players. Jozy Altidore and Nick Viergever, as well as Adam Mahar spring to mind.

Another one of them is Giliano Wijnaldum. He is a 20 year Dutch U-20 International defender, playing primarily at left-back (but can also deputise at centre-back).

He really is a class act. Different to Garrido in that he is tall and strong - so would be more suited to certain physical battles (ie Stoke, West Ham). Likes to get forward, but doesn''t shirk his defensive responsibilities and plays with intelligence - best tackler I''ve seen in a while, actually. He isn''t blistering, but is still very mobile. But, still much to learn, of course.

I mention him because he has refused a new contract for some reason and looks set to leave AZ this summer for free.

Can''t imagine that Hoots etc wouldn''t be aware of someone like him available for basically nothing.

Thoughts?

Maher would also be excellent MC, but like Eriksen would be very surprised if he came to us. Like the sound of Wijnaldum, though, and he seems the sort of young promising player City should be looking for at LB. Good shout.

Cheers, YS72.

Concerning both Viergever and Altidore:

Jozy Altidore is looking to move this summer and would like another crack at the Premiership. Alkmaar are willing to let him go for 5 million Euros (about £4 Million). That, my friends, is a steal and too good to ignore. I do believe he''s represented by the same east coast US company we have just got in to bed with. So, you never know.

Nick Viergever is a 21 year old left-footed centre-back. He is also a full Dutch International and would probably know RVW quite well. He only has a year left on his contract. No word as to whether he is receptive to a move but, if he is, his price-tag won''t be astronomical (£4-5 million tops, I think).

Altidore was useless at Hull and the fact he''s scored lots of goals in a poor league does not make me want to rush out and sign him. We need better quality than that.

Eriksen is supposed to be off to Dortmund as Gotze''s replacement i thought? As much as i''d love him here, surely he''s in a different league to what we can attract. Having said that, i thought that about Surman!

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Hmm, something has just crossed my mind. I watch a fair bit of Dutch Football and Alkmaar have several very talented young players. Jozy Altidore and Nick Viergever, as well as Adam Mahar spring to mind. Another one of them is Giliano Wijnaldum. He is a 20 year Dutch U-20 International defender, playing primarily at left-back (but can also deputise at centre-back). He really is a class act. Different to Garrido in that he is tall and strong - so would be more suited to certain physical battles (ie Stoke, West Ham). Likes to get forward, but doesn''t shirk his defensive responsibilities and plays with intelligence - best tackler I''ve seen in a while, actually. He isn''t blistering, but is still very mobile. But, still much to learn, of course. I mention him because he has refused a new contract for some reason and looks set to leave AZ this summer for free. Can''t imagine that Hoots etc wouldn''t be aware of someone like him available for basically nothing. Thoughts?[/quote]

Only 3 star potential on Fm13! I signed him on a free!

Well i managed to get Javier Hernandez at the start of my second season, Man U wanted rid, so I thought why not? Allbeit, I did win the FA Cup (thanks to a spectacular 60 yard strike from John Ruddy!)

We should get Shane Long and Jelle Vossen on that logic and maybe Ilsinho to cover the right hand side.

The Dutch League ain''t poor, pumpkin. Its just different to British Football, tis all.

Would you say that about the Portuguese League? In which case, RVW is clearly crap. Might as well get rid of him now.

Jozy is 23 years old now. At Hull, he was 19/20 and the rot had already set in by the time he got there. They were always going to go down that season because they simply weren''t good enough.

Phil Brown is one of the worst managers I have ever known. How he ended up in charge of a Premier League outfit is beyond me, but with him in charge relegation was certain and he placed SO much pressure on a teenage Altidore. Jozy shouldered it and did a decent job (ask Hull fans), but did not flourish.

It is only since moving to Holland that Altidore has finally started to fulfill his obvious potential. He''s good. Trust me - he''s scored over 30 goals this season and won a trophy. Wilfred Bony has only scored a few more goals than him and people are calling him something wonderful, with links to Chelsea etc. And he''s a few years older.

Dutch League''s poor... f**k off!

The portugese league just sold 2 players for £70m. Hardly cr@p but i agree, you can only win against what''s put in front of you. I''d like to see Altidore here. We have a fairly reliable option with Holt, an exciting option in RVW and Altidore would be a gamble worth taking at around £5m in my book. He obviously has massive potential and great physical attributes that we could do with.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]The Dutch League ain''t poor, pumpkin. Its just different to British Football, tis all.

Would you say that about the Portuguese League? In which case, RVW is clearly crap. Might as well get rid of him now.

Jozy is 23 years old now. At Hull, he was 19/20 and the rot had already set in by the time he got there. They were always going to go down that season because they simply weren''t good enough.

Phil Brown is one of the worst managers I have ever known. How he ended up in charge of a Premier League outfit is beyond me, but with him in charge relegation was certain and he placed SO much pressure on a teenage Altidore. Jozy shouldered it and did a decent job (ask Hull fans), but did not flourish.

It is only since moving to Holland that Altidore has finally started to fulfill his obvious potential. He''s good. Trust me - he''s scored over 30 goals this season and won a trophy. Wilfred Bony has only scored a few more goals than him and people are calling him something wonderful, with links to Chelsea etc. And he''s a few years older.

Dutch League''s poor... f**k off![/quote]

RVW has scored goals in both leagues so has a bit more of a track record. I don''t feel he''s the type striker we need as we have three 6ft+ strikers already on our books. I''d rather spend the money on a decent midfielder.

I''d find the quick and powerful part particularly useful. How does he compare to Lukaku in playing style? For me, that''s the ideal type of player we need to compliment our current options. (Plus pace is much needed on FIFA :P)

Okay. Interesting point of view and I respect it. Agreed, we need another midfielder, but that is hardly a controversial opinion - I think just about everybody thinks we need another midfielder.

However, I disagree about everything else.

He''s exactly the type of striker we need because, whilst we have strikers who are a similar height (because their height is the only indication of what kind of striker they are, apparently???) he provides something we lack in an attacking player.

Power and athleticism: he is direct and positive and strong and rapid, as well as a good finisher and technically very proficient. He''s similar to Kei Kamara, who gave us that athletic option, except he is young and better (no offence meant to Kei).

I''m sure you''d jump at the chance to sign Kenwyne Jones, am I right? Well, Altidore is like him, but younger, cheaper and (in my opinion) better. And he will improve with time.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Okay. Interesting point of view and I respect it. Agreed, we need another midfielder, but that is hardly a controversial opinion - I think just about everybody thinks we need another midfielder.

However, I disagree about everything else.

He''s exactly the type of striker we need because, whilst we have strikers who are a similar height (because their height is the only indication of what kind of striker they are, apparently???) he provides something we lack in an attacking player.

Power and athleticism: he is direct and positive and strong and rapid, as well as a good finisher and technically very proficient. He''s similar to Kei Kamara, who gave us that athletic option, except he is young and better (no offence meant to Kei).

I''m sure you''d jump at the chance to sign Kenwyne Jones, am I right? Well, Altidore is like him, but younger, cheaper and (in my opinion) better. And he will improve with time.[/quote]

I thought for a moment you said "jump at the chance to sign Kenwyne Jones", have you watched him in the last couple of seasons?