Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Marin-ated

With Mourinho coming in and being given plenty to spend this summer, there''s a number of Chelsea players likely to be moved on, not least of which is the player formerly dubbed "The German Messi" - Marko Marin.Expected to be sold on for as little as 4m, he''d be an excellent addition to our first XI, and with wages rumoured to be around 35k a week - isn''t too expensive on that score either.At 24 he''s a great age with plenty to offer, and he''s desperate to get back into the German National setup, which means he needs regular games in a top league - we can offer him both, along with the chance to prove Chelsea wrong for not giving him the opportunities his talent deserves.A huge cut above many of the names we''ve been linked to (e.g. Bridcutt), and someone who would be the perfect fit for our needs if he''s interested in the move.Thoughts?

Just so everyone knows - this will NEVER happen. There will be bigger clubs vying for his signature.

Would be an awesome signing, maybe out of our league (so to speak) however, RVW is in the same sort of category so maybe not completely out of the question. 

All down to the players attitude, does he go to another club where he will struggle to get into the team, or join a smaller club to resurrect his career.

Signing RVW and Marin would certainly be a signal of the clubs ambitions.

I think he should go out on loan somewhere. I''m just not sure he''d have the strength to fit into our first 11 when most weeks, we need all 11 players to be able to defend well. When you are Chelsea, you are on the front foot most games, and need players like Marin to force the issue versus robust defences like ours.

I do agree we do need a bit more spark, but i''d rather a C Ronaldo type over a L Messi type.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think he should go out on loan somewhere.[/quote]Why???With Chelsea''s current first XI he''s not likely to oust any of them for a regular start, and he desperately needs those games in order to make the German national side, so it would make far more sense to arrange a permanent deal to a side where he will get the games, than be loaned out only to return to Chelsea at the end of it and be left back in the same position all over again...