Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Wage max?

What would you say the highest wage the club would be willing to give to a player? Wolfswinkle would most likely demand around 40,000, but if the right player came along surely we would be able to offer 50,000?

I couldn''t see why we couldn''t pay a player £50k a week. That''s £2.6 million a year, peanuts for us :)

I wish we could have a few more 50k a week players but if we have too many people on a high wage in the team, the people on the lower wages will then want a better wage. A bit like Holty. Won''t be long until we spend a fair bit on wages though with the way were going. Brilliant signing in wolfswinkle and a statement that we will sell. Only way is up :)

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]I could of sworn that the Sporting fan on here said wolfswinkel was on 60k euro.

can''t see him taking a 10kGBP cut per week to come here.[/quote]
Not sure where you''ve got that from mate. The Sporting fan said Wolfy was on 60k euro per MONTH at Sporting. Which equates to 15k Euro per week (£12,858 per week). I''d guess we''ve probably doubled that if it was correct. No way was he on 60k per week, I very much doubt anyone in the Portugese league makes 60k per week. The Portugese league doesn''t earn enough for clubs to pay that kind of cash. That''s why everyone wants to come to the Prem, it''s a cash cow. 

Well, if he''s on 50-60K excluding goals bonus we could have made a mistake for a guy currently unproven at Prem level. Low basic and high bonuses for performance should be the way to go in my view or we could end up with failing players on a high basic wage that do not want to move on or that nobody else wants to take.  Also, putting a player on a much higher basic wage than the rest of the squad could breed jealousy and contempt if that player does not come up to scratch with a knock-on adverse effect on team spirit.