Sign in to follow this  
Korean canary

Wayne Thomas

What''s the reation to this? I don''t have any idea how good he is....It''s been news for a few days and the lack of interest doesn''t give me much to be excited about........Someone must have an idea about him.

Obviously rated judging by the number of decent clubs linked to him, tall, strong and at the right age. By all accounts, expect him to be parading the yellow shirt very shortly. I''d rather have someone like him on a free than fork out 1.5M for someone like Ward

Everyone is going on about this guy, but i have never heard of him or took any notice of him up untill now. They thing that worries me is that on a Planet Football article about him, Tony Pulis says he is prone to lapses in concentration.....

When we played Stoke at home and Green made that excellent save, the one player in the Stoke defence who caught my eye was John Halls. Hux was kept quiet that day. Although that may have been the fact that Halls had long hair that caught my attention as well.

[quote]Everyone is going on about this guy, but i have never heard of him or took any notice of him up untill now. They thing that worries me is that on a Planet Football article about him, Tony Pulis says h...[/quote]

Hmmm........

Seems he''ll fit right into Fleming''s boots then!!!

I checked the League table for last season and it shows that although Stoke only finished half way up they conceded less goals than every team in the Championship except Wigan.

I guess the fact that Thomas was part of such a miserly defence must be a good sign.

[quote]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=281858 Missed the boat again!!! Thomas has gone to Burnley according to SkySports. Worthington and co. need to pull their f...[/quote]

The simple matter is we don''t know why Thomas chose Burnley over us.

Perhaps he was guaranteed first team football at Burnley over being a squad player at Norwich or perhaps he has family in the area. If not then it smacks of a lack of ambition on behalf of the player to chose a middle of the road Championship team over likely promotion candidates, so maybe it''s just as well.

Anyway, the last time I looked we had a Danish international playing in his likely position.

Before anyone accuses Worthty of not moving quickly enough, remember it''s only June 1st and last season finished 3 days ago.

Agree with you Yoda!

I have a lot of time (normally) for Roger Mumby and Neil Doncaster but their very recent comments on the subject of transfers has been .............''nothing will happen yet'', ''everyone is on holiday'', ''nothing will happen for several weeks until players get back for pre-season'' etc.

Well, clearly others are striking whilst we fiddle. Hopefully there will be some decent players left by the time we decide to wake up!

So far (of possible targets) it''s Ryan Taylor (to Everton), Wayne Thomas (to Burnley) and Darren Ward (to Palace).

It''s very early days in the transfer saga of course and I''m sure the boy Worthy will pull a few rabbits out of the hat. Lets make sure they''re not donkeys though - we have a number of them still in the squad (and likely to remain there).

Agreed, Yellow Rider.

The season might only be 3 days old or whatever, but the club needs to get their act together or the quality signings will be gone. We''ve been here before, before the start of last season. And the season before that. Ummm and the one before that. So what if you have to pay a few weeks extra wages? And clearly not everyone is "on holiday" or we wouldn''t see the influx of transfer activity at other clubs!

Obviously one thing is we can never be sure when it comes to Norwich, as Worthy likes to keep his cards close to his chest and we sometimes see a surprise signing. But would rather see activity going on sooner rather than later.

Thomas choose Burnley because his old manager is now there after he walked out at Stoke a while back...plus Cotterilll was dead keen to get him

Steve Cotterill has flown to the States to make this third summer signing. Sadly he hasn''t taken in the England match against Colombia, but is after out-of-contract Stoke City defender Wayne Thomas, 26, who is currently holidaying in America after refusing the offer of a new deal with the Potters. 

Claretflag..

Can''t believe he''s gone to Burnley.  I can only assume he wanted to stay near Stoke.  Yet again, geography has screwed us over!   Hopefully Worthy has got plenty of others in mind

Thomas is friendly with the Burnley boss and has worked under him before. Add in the fact he has family in the area and doesn''t need to move explains why he moved to Burnley over us.

Dont fret about losing out on this bloke. This time last year we were being linked with all manner of exciting players. some nobody free transfer centre half from stoke is not designed to get the pulse racing. His sort are ten a penny. We need to improve, not build a team for the comfort zone of the championship. If he really does prefer burnley to us, he has no ambition and is afraid of the bigger stage. Lets forget him and let him drift back into obscurity, and get on with the job of buying quality footballers.