Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Big screen time

It seems that even much smaller clubs than us have big screens showing teams, scores etc.

Our present mini screens are by today''s standards are quite pathetic .

Surely this should be part of the upgrade of the awful sound system we have , that thankfully is being upgraded..

Big screen?   Not needed or necessary imo.   Just because other clubs have a big screen doesn''t mean everyone has to have one.  Imo football stadiums are better with less media.  All we need is entertainment on the pitch, before the match and at half time.   TV is just a distraction from the real thing.  If  you want to watch television, stay at home and watch it there.

why not put it in the centre of that big grass area - fans might have something to look at then

[quote user="lake district canary"]Big screen?   Not needed or necessary imo.  

Just because other clubs have a big screen doesn''t mean everyone has to have one.  Imo football stadiums are better with less media.  All we need is entertainment on the pitch, before the match and at half time.   TV is just a distraction from the real thing.

If  you want to watch television, stay at home and watch it there.

[/quote]

If it was not for TV cameras and media presence you would never get to see Norwich play LDC. [;)]

F*ck having a big screen!

I don''t understand the clamour to have one!

The pitch is in front of you, whats the point of watching a screen at the game!

I''ve always been proud our great stadium has never had one and think the current scoreboards are more than sufficient!

I''ll be very disapointed if we see one at Carrow Road!

Err, Old Trafford doesn''t have a big screen does it?! Not heard anyone mention that their ground is lacking because of the absence of one?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Big screen?   Not needed or necessary imo.   Just because other clubs have a big screen doesn''t mean everyone has to have one.  Imo football stadiums are better with less media.  All we need is entertainment on the pitch, before the match and at half time.   TV is just a distraction from the real thing.If  you want to watch television, stay at home and watch it there.

[/quote]

If it was not for TV cameras and media presence you would never get to see Norwich play LDC. [;)][/quote]

That''s for you to surmise and me to know ( [:P] ) but when I do come to Carrow Rd, as I do several times a season,  I know I don''t want or need to see a big screen there.  

Big screens are tosh, they just look awful. aesthetically.

The fact the have those two massive bastartd screen behind the goals at Wembley make me sick.

Having been to the majority of grounds in the PL and Championship I have to say I''ve never had my experience improved by the presence of a big screen, in fact often they''re distracting and annoying.

Our current scoreboards have the capability to deliver all the info you/the club need at a game (teams, scores, sponsors) without imposing too much on the actual football match happening right in front of you.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If it was not for TV cameras and media presence you would never get to see Norwich play LDC. [;)][/quote]With the pi$$ poor coverage we tend to get, this is somewhat of a moot point Til.Only 5 Norwich games broadcast by SKY this season, compared to over 16 for Liverpool fans...

Judging from the crowd that usually gathers outside the gents'' loos to watch half-time highlights on small screens there would be demand for it. I thing I''d like if we had one, as some situations can be judged better in slow motion.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Big screen?   Not needed or necessary imo.  

Just because other clubs have a big screen doesn''t mean everyone has to have one.  Imo football stadiums are better with less media.  All we need is entertainment on the pitch, before the match and at half time.   TV is just a distraction from the real thing.

If  you want to watch television, stay at home and watch it there.

[/quote]

If it was not for TV cameras and media presence you would never get to see Norwich play LDC. [;)]

[/quote]

Off topic Til, but I love your signature.[Y]

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Everyone these days has smart phones so don''t see the point really.[/quote]

Have you tried to get online inside Carrow road on match day?

I''ve got to disagree wth the majority here, I think they are a great addition.

If you are sat behind one of the goals, especially at pitch level/lower tier, sometimes it can be impossible to see whats happening at the other end of the pitch, so a big screen is great for replays. I think it adds some to the pre-match/half time as well. Lets face it, football is getting expensive to watch, a bit of extra entertainment doesn''t go a miss.

Plus then you can get things like the managers interviews before the game, all adds to the build up.

[quote user="Vazzza"]

I''ve got to disagree wth the majority here, I think they are a great addition.

If you are sat behind one of the goals, especially at pitch level/lower tier, sometimes it can be impossible to see whats happening at the other end of the pitch, so a big screen is great for replays. I think it adds some to the pre-match/half time as well. Lets face it, football is getting expensive to watch, a bit of extra entertainment doesn''t go a miss.

Plus then you can get things like the managers interviews before the game, all adds to the build up.

[/quote]

Totally agree Vassa, hell, even Col Who? has one!

And if it helps hide the damn hotel then so much the better.

Our score board is more than acceptable and I don''t think anything more is required, it clearly displays the score and time and can be well seen from most places in the ground, job done!

Don''t really see the issue here, if we can stick it in front of the hotel we may as well get one.  I''m sure the advertising revenue you could make from it would ensure it was cost neutral.

"pete_norw""Hackedoff"Everyone these days has smart phones so don''t see the point really.

Amen to that Pete. Is it deliberately blocked by the club? Vodafone is impossible to get on.

[quote user="Herman "]"pete_norw""Hackedoff"Everyone these days has smart phones so don''t see the point really.

Amen to that Pete. Is it deliberately blocked by the club? Vodafone is impossible to get on.[/quote]

totally agree - trying to get on BBC or SSN to get scores at half time or during the game is almost impossible. A decent wireless connection would be great!!

Not too fussed by having a screen - use any spare space for more seats.

I guess this might be something addressed if/when a new City stand is built.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="TIL 1010"]If it was not for TV cameras and media presence you would never get to see Norwich play LDC. [;)][/quote]
With the pi$$ poor coverage we tend to get, this is somewhat of a moot point Til.

Only 5 Norwich games broadcast by SKY this season, compared to over 16 for Liverpool fans...
[/quote]

All our games are available to view via the internet which means there must be cameras there Indy.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Everyone these days has smart phones so don''t see the point really.[/quote]

[/quote]yes, and managed it succesfully when we were in the championship... wasnt hard to work out the press WIFI password... they have since changed it and cant connect now...

[quote user="e10_yellow"]Having been to the majority of grounds in the PL and Championship I have to say I''ve never had my experience improved by the presence of a big screen, in fact often they''re distracting and annoying.

Our current scoreboards have the capability to deliver all the info you/the club need at a game (teams, scores, sponsors) without imposing too much on the actual football match happening right in front of you.[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself.It will be a sad day if they ever put a big screen into Carrow Road.

[quote user="Vazzza"]

I''ve got to disagree wth the majority here, I think they are a great addition.If you are sat behind one of the goals, especially at pitch level/lower tier, sometimes it can be impossible to see whats happening at the other end of the pitch, so a big screen is great for replays. I think it adds some to the pre-match/half time as well. Lets face it, football is getting expensive to watch, a bit of extra entertainment doesn''t go a miss.Plus then you can get things like the managers interviews before the game, all adds to the build up.

[/quote]I am pretty sure that you cannot show replays on the big screen in case it proves the officials got something wrong and affects them later in the game as to even things out. I sit next to the hotel in the lower barclay and would have no problems with them putting a big screen in there so long as it did not impact any way on the atmosphere between the home and away support (not that I would get much use from it).Great point about build up and interviews etc... Just like on Sky before a big game - would be a good way for the club to increase revenue before a game with people going for a pint/pie/drink whilst watching the build up. I have no issues with this. I believe that Arsenal did it very well.

[quote user="JayNCFC"][quote user="Vazzza"]

I''ve got to disagree wth the majority here, I think they are a great addition.If you are sat behind one of the goals, especially at pitch level/lower tier, sometimes it can be impossible to see whats happening at the other end of the pitch, so a big screen is great for replays. I think it adds some to the pre-match/half time as well. Lets face it, football is getting expensive to watch, a bit of extra entertainment doesn''t go a miss.Plus then you can get things like the managers interviews before the game, all adds to the build up.

[/quote]I am pretty sure that you cannot show replays on the big screen in case it proves the officials got something wrong and affects them later in the game as to even things out. I sit next to the hotel in the lower barclay and would have no problems with them putting a big screen in there so long as it did not impact any way on the atmosphere between the home and away support (not that I would get much use from it).Great point about build up and interviews etc... Just like on Sky before a big game - would be a good way for the club to increase revenue before a game with people going for a pint/pie/drink whilst watching the build up. I have no issues with this. I believe that Arsenal did it very well.[/quote]You can show replays, just not replays of ''controversial'' incidents.

[quote user="JayNCFC"]I believe that Arsenal did it very well.
[/quote]

Its no secret I go to the emirates a few times a month while waiting for my season ticket at NCFC, and yeah, they do it very well. It definitely gets people in the ground earlier than if they didn''t have the screens showing highlights of previous games, manager interviews etc etc 

My only argument with it at NCFC would be you can''t just put one by the hotel, you need 1 at each end of the ground, and we''d definitely struggle there...