Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

SPL in perspective

Owain Tudur-Jones has agreed a two-year deal to join Hibernian in the summer. Last season Hibs finished mid-table in the SPL but will be in the Europa League qualifying rounds after finishing as Scottish Cup runners-up to Celtic.I don''t think he ever made it into the Championship when he was in England, hardly featured for us, loaned out to Yeovil and Brentford.No wonder Gary Hooper looks so good........

Stick RvW in that Celtic side and I expect his goal tally would be similar.

He has all of the attributes to score in the Premier League and I''d hate for a rival side to pick him up in the summer.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Stick RvW in that Celtic side and I expect his goal tally would be similar.

He has all of the attributes to score in the Premier League and I''d hate for a rival side to pick him up in the summer.[/quote]

Chris Martin and Simeon Jackson would surely do well too if they''re playing against League one players like Tudor-Jones. Even Cody McDonald (he even has a Scottish name). [;)]

Unless Tudor-Jones has greatly improved, it does show what a poor standard the SPL really is.

As an outsider, it''s so difficult to tell when a lower league player can make the transition to the Prem. In the end I go purely on instinct, trying to judge whether the player has that indefinable "class" that sets him apart.

My instinct tells me RVW has that attribute; I have this nagging feeling that Hooper doesn''t - that he will be largely nullified by sharper, quicker, just plain better, defenders.

It''s purely a feeling, & purely my opinion.

Think I''ll leave it to Hughton!

Quick, somebody please tell Hughton and his team that the SPL is a poor league and that Hooper is only scoring all those goals because of weak defences. Somebody please tell McNally that he will be wasting all that money.

Quick, before it''s too late.  

If we''re comparing mid table against champions material, then how about Luciano Becchio, Luke Moore, Shola Ameobi, Cameron Jerome, and Carlton Cole against Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero?

What a load of sxxx!

What the correlation between a mid table midfielder and a championship winning striker? Err, none whatsoever and tells you absolutely nothing.