Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Funniest team in the Prem.

Surely got to be Norwich. Holt likes a joke or two, Snoddy likes to pose in a wig or shout a joke in the Man city tunnel, Seb looks like he enjoys a joke, Bennett always seems to be lively, Hoolahan is funny little lad and Tettey seems to be quite interesting. THis probably helps a lot in games due to the close chemistry in the team.

Turner is very funny,

like thinking standing infront of the snake pit after his goal would give them a hint that he doesn''t like his song.

they wouldn''t get the hint if he punched each one individually in the face.

As a shakepit season ticket holder, I would disagree with you completely. Everyone in the snakepit loves turner. The song is in appreciation of him but in a funny way. He knows that really. If not he would have spoke out at it in an interview or been more vocal about him not liking it.

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/norwich-vs-swansea-2-2-motd

6:35

apologies, as it wasn''t really in front of the snake bit.

but tell me that, that looks like a player who is fine with what people are saying about him. he just scored the would be winner, and instead of getting ecstatic, he looks like he is taking a stand against the fans.

if anyone truly thinks he likes the song, they are kidding themselves.

[quote user="Skerritt"]As a shakepit season ticket holder, I would disagree with you completely. Everyone in the snakepit loves turner. The song is in appreciation of him but in a funny way. He knows that really. If not he would have spoke out at it in an interview or been more vocal about him not liking it.[/quote]

Have to say I disagree with this entirely, as a professional footballer he would chose to ignore this pathetic song.

Norwich fans (some not all) do sometimes sing/chant things before thinking about it a little....they think its clever/funny to rhyme s***te with alright...it''s not and certainly not to probably the 3rd/4th best centre back we''ve ever had at the club

Fact is turner had a shocker in one arguably two games and thats it, but its the usual Norwich way of finding a scapegoat (see Hughes, Doherty, Llewelyn) more often than not those players come back in and do a fantastic job

You wonder whether your watching the same game sometimes

[quote user="refjezdavies"]it''s not and certainly not to probably the 3rd/4th best centre back we''ve ever had at the club

Fact is turner had a shocker in one arguably two games and thats it, but its the usual Norwich way of finding a scapegoat [/quote]
I agree Turner has improved massively, but lets not rewrite history here. He wasn''t unfairly scapegoated at the start of the season, every time he played, he was utter crap and he single handedly cost us about 6-8 goals in his first 6 games or so for the club. Dont get me wrong, I like him as a player, and he has really shut those who doubted him after those crap displays right up (myself included). I''m happy to eat humble pie on that one, but the reality was, although it wasn''t for a massive period of time, he really did "used to be shite" and it was definitely a significant number more shite performances than the 1/2 you claim.
Go and watch the season review DVD and note down how many goals Turner is responsible for in his first 6 appearances for us. Some of his performances were amongst the worst I''ve ever seen by a Norwich player. Im sure he doesnt really like the song, and I dont blame him, however he made some right howlers, it''s not like the fans made this up for no reason, they did it because he really was shite. 
I think he has done his penance now though, and I hope the song is dropped next season and we can come up with something more favourable for him, because once he got his $hit together, he was an absolute rock for us.

Eg Turner''s debut. I know nobody turned up that day, but just analyse it for a second. 
Goal 1: Turner is about 20 yards out of position as he is too busy trying to hold hands with R Bennett. Ball goes over the top, into space he should have been covering.
Goal 2: Not his fault, he was marking someone else.
Goal 3. Stands motionless on the edge of his box, 10 yards from Petric who has possession, makes no effort to close him down. Petric shoots, and Turner is unlucky in so much as the ball hits him and deflects wildly into the top corner. You can''t blame him for the deflection after it hit him, but he should never have been stood ball watching on the edge of the box, he was a clear 5 yards behind the rest of the defence and Petric had no support. Turner was clearly the man who should have closed it down, but he didn''t.
Goal 4: Very clever bit of play that does Ryan Bennett. No fault from anyone there, was a good goal.
and goal 5 wasn''t important as it was 4-0 and 87th minute.... But just watch it. Turner falls over, passing it to the Fulham player who lays it off to the striker. Turner then proceeds to hack down for a pen with a ridiculous tackle that was never getting near the ball. Probably frustration etc,but even so.
That was just Turner''s debut. It was a theme that was repeated in subsequent games, and quite a few of them IIRC. As I say, the lad has proved everyone wrong and had a blinder of a season, but you cant whitewash those performances from history and accuse the fans of looking for an easy scapegoat. He put in some right shockers before he found his feet.
Goals from Fulham if you wish to have a look for yourself at Turner''s contribution can be found here: http://www.attackingsoccer.com/2012/08/fulham-5-0-norwich-goals/ 

actually for a goal to be conceded, it is not just down to one individual error. it is down to that of a team. hence it being a team sport.

and yes his debut was awful, but name more than one player that didn''t have a sh** show of a game that day.

and the fact is, he obviously doesn''t like the song. why would anyone continue to sing it? it''s more or less purposefully trying to rile up a player on your own team, just because a few people like very simple words that rhyme. it''s sad.

What is funny is that people persist in thinking that slagging off individual players actually helps the team.  The song is just a joke too, in the worst possible sense.    That people find it "fun" to scapegoat players and think up songs to back their view is just puerile and pathetic.    Where the mentality comes from I don''t know.    Its all very well having a moan, we can all do that, but to take it to the stage of chanting derogatory songs at our own players beggars belief. 

Turner had a difficult few games when he arrived.  He was all over the place, probably because there was not yet any organisation at the back in the early games under Hughton.  With new players, a new manager, not easy for anyone to come in and settle straight away.    Once the team settled down and results started improving, Turner showed his worth.     

Players are human (believe it or not) and have to be thick skinned to cope with the adulation, the hype - and the down side - when things aren''t going so well.  But to think it doesn''t affect them to hear derogatory stuff being shouted or sung at them is just ignorant.     I was down near the corner flag at the Liverpool home game and Surman was just about to take a corner when someone in front of me shouted out - perhaps ten feet away from him - what a useless so and so etc he was- just when he was kicking the ball. He would have heard it - it was the N&P end so it was otherwise quiet [:(]. Ridiculous.

Just forget the abusive stuff, get the good natured humoured songs in and remember that we are supposed to support the players to help them play better, not make it harder for them.   I''m glad the players have a good sense of humour, its just as well, given the way some of our fans are. 

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Turner is very funny,

like thinking standing infront of the snake pit after his goal would give them a hint that he doesn''t like his song.

they wouldn''t get the hint if he punched each one individually in the face.[/quote]I dont know what you''re talking about mate.I was at the Luton cup game (which is an example of an occasion where the Snakepit sang the song in question).Instead of showing his displeasure, Turner actually started laughing!

[quote user="lake district canary"]What is funny is that people persist in thinking that slagging off individual players actually helps the team.  The song is just a joke too, in the worst possible sense.    That people find it "fun" to scapegoat players and think up songs to back their view is just puerile and pathetic.    Where the mentality comes from I don''t know.    Its all very well having a moan, we can all do that, but to take it to the stage of chanting derogatory songs at our own players beggars belief. 

Turner had a difficult few games when he arrived.  He was all over the place, probably because there was not yet any organisation at the back in the early games under Hughton.  With new players, a new manager, not easy for anyone to come in and settle straight away.    Once the team settled down and results started improving, Turner showed his worth.     

Players are human (believe it or not) and have to be thick skinned to cope with the adulation, the hype - and the down side - when things aren''t going so well.  But to think it doesn''t affect them to hear derogatory stuff being shouted or sung at them is just ignorant.     I was down near the corner flag at the Liverpool home game and Surman was just about to take a corner when someone in front of me shouted out - perhaps ten feet away from him - what a useless so and so etc he was- just when he was kicking the ball. He would have heard it - it was the N&P end so it was otherwise quiet [:(]. Ridiculous.

Just forget the abusive stuff, get the good natured humoured songs in and remember that we are supposed to support the players to help them play better, not make it harder for them.   I''m glad the players have a good sense of humour, its just as well, given the way some of our fans are. 

[/quote]Oh do get off your high horse for once.

I dont know what you''re talking about mate.

I was at the Luton cup game (which is an example of an occasion where the Snakepit sang the song in question).

Instead of showing his displeasure, Turner actually started laughing!

----------------------------------------

i was also at the luton game.

it looked to me at a point he put a finger to his lips for the *shh* gesture... so not sure where the ''laughter'' was.

I wasn''t the only person to see this, a few on the bored mentioned it after the game, too.

did anyone else see holty pinching the bums of west brom players making a wall at the river end during the last game of the season? the reactions were hilirous!

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Turner also looks like a bundle of laughs...[/quote]Turner looks like Bastian Schweinsteiger, who also looks like a bundle of laughs....