Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Facilities upgraded at Carra and Colney

From the Club, couple of upgrades to the media facility;''New Premier League regulations call for significant improvements to

media facilities at the ground - and as part of these work is already

underway on extending the Jarrold Stand TV gantries from the existing

three structures hanging from the roof to one continuous gantry

extending for most of the length of the stand.''

And at the training ground;

''Over at our Colney Training Centre three pitches are being replaced with

Desso surfaces similar to the surface at Carrow Road and undersoil

heating is also being installed. These improvements will dramatically

improve the senior and academy squads’ ability to train consistently in

all weather conditions.

Meanwhile extensive improvements are also being undertaken to the first

team squad’s facilities within the main Colney building complex
''They are even changing the PA to make it usable and instaling electronic season ticket readers. I think that gantrie rules out any stadium upgrade happening on that side of the stadium for the forseable future. Good news about Colney though, should help with our form through winter!

You are probably right - there will be only limited upgrading this year, but with the kind of figures we have heard from other clubs there seemed little prospect of anything major. It''s more important at this stage to consolidate the Premiership status. There is no way we would want to splash the majority of new money on the ground to the detriment of player recruitment.

Much of what will be done will be to meet EPL requirements - the media gantry and goal-line technology, but by enlarging the gantry space will result for another 30 seats! The improvements at Colney are signs of confidence in the future - heated and better surfaces on pitches mean that training should ne enhanced.

I''ll be delighted if they improve the PA system at Carra. I go to quite a lot of matches in Europe and frankly I can often understand what they are saying better than at carrow Road. Now all we have to do is get some competent announcers to replace the gabbling clowns we normally have - and, please, if we are going to have goal music, could they start it up straight away after a goal (sometimes last season it seemed to be coming on just in time for the teams lining up to restart -  perhaps they were not expecting us to score but thats no excuse)

It was never likely that the Jarrold second tier would be built any time soon. It was always more likely that the City stand would be upgraded. I doubt we will hear anything about more seats this season, if we hear anything at all it''ll be just plans with no date set for works.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/major-works-on-club-facilities-836689.aspx?

Don''t care, every spare penny must go on players budget for next season.

I heard about the Colney pitches before the West Brom game.  This comes from Hughton who wanted better training facilities.   Part of what I''ve been saying for a while that we have a manager who is interested in the whole club and who is here to consolidaste what we''ve got and make us a Premiership Club at every level.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I heard about the Colney pitches before the West Brom game.  This comes from Hughton who wanted better training facilities.   Part of what I''ve been saying for a while that we have a manager who is interested in the whole club and who is here to consolidaste what we''ve got and make us a Premiership Club at every level.[/quote]Wasn''t the pitch redevelopment shown on that Grant Holt video that someone posted a while back? Seem to remember seeing tractors all over the place.

[quote user="im spartacus"]does season ticket scanners mean you could use a kids season ticket without upgrading cos no one will be there to check in person ?[:D][/quote]I reckon there''ll be some heavies watching to make sure any adult with a kids colour card will get their collar felt. Presumably they''ll be more relaxed if a child tries to wing it on an adult ticket..For anyone still smuggling in unauthorised food and drink don''t be too surprised if there''s a built-in Morison''s bar code reader and you''ll be tasered if you try......[:D]

It''s a pity they don''t upgrade some of the stewards on duty at tonights charity game & teach them some customer service skills, some of them on road duties behind the barclay could do with some teaching of the english grammer! which does''nt include swearing, if anyone knows Mcnallys email address please reply

[quote user="stratton canary"]It''s a pity they don''t upgrade some of the stewards on duty at tonights charity game & teach them some customer service skills, some of them on road duties behind the barclay could do with some teaching of the english grammer! which does''nt include swearing, if anyone knows Mcnallys email address please reply[/quote]

[quote user="stratton canary"]It''s a pity they don''t upgrade some of the stewards on duty at tonights charity game & teach them some customer service skills, some of them on road duties behind the barclay could do with some teaching of the english grammer! which does''nt include swearing, if anyone knows Mcnallys email address please reply[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Salopian"]

You are probably right - there will be only limited upgrading this year, but with the kind of figures we have heard from other clubs there seemed little prospect of anything major. It''s more important at this stage to consolidate the Premiership status. There is no way we would want to splash the majority of new money on the ground to the detriment of player recruitment.

Much of what will be done will be to meet EPL requirements - the media gantry and goal-line technology, but by enlarging the gantry space will result for another 30 seats! The improvements at Colney are signs of confidence in the future - heated and better surfaces on pitches mean that training should ne enhanced.

[/quote]

How the hell will the dump that is Selhurst come up to scratch then?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="stratton canary"]It''s a pity they don''t upgrade some of the stewards on duty at tonights charity game & teach them some customer service skills, some of them on road duties behind the barclay could do with some teaching of the english grammer! which does''nt include swearing, if anyone knows Mcnallys email address please reply[/quote][:D][/quote]A few apostrophes, and some in the right place wouldn''t go amiss either. Oh the irony !!   [:D]

Yes Mr Smith, Glad you saw the funny side!!!  young children hearing so called " members of the club" f-ing & blinding, is ok by you then? thanks for your interest. My time will come!

[quote user="im spartacus"]does season ticket scanners mean you could use a kids season ticket without upgrading cos no one will be there to check in person ?[:D][/quote]They have had these in Australia for years. What happens if a child or concession ticket is scanned, a little light on top indicates to the ticket attendants watching that it is a discount type of ticket.So depending on how observant / diligent they are to checking those indicators basically answers your question.

[quote user="stratton canary"]

Yes Mr Smith, Glad you saw the funny side!!!  young children hearing so called " members of the club" f-ing & blinding, is ok by you then? thanks for your interest. My time will come!

[/quote]Good call. We musn''t treat this board too seriously.

Great, even more delay at getting into the ground. Took them an age to open up the second set of doors for the Thorpe side of the City Stand last season when a queue built up.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="im spartacus"]does season ticket scanners mean you could use a kids season ticket without upgrading cos no one will be there to check in person ?[:D][/quote]

They have had these in Australia for years. What happens if a child or concession ticket is scanned, a little light on top indicates to the ticket attendants watching that it is a discount type of ticket.

So depending on how observant / diligent they are to checking those indicators basically answers your question.
[/quote]

I wrote to the club asking about potential harm these scanners can cause to people like me with surgical implants, I have two, 1 that is attached to the heart and the other is a bone anchor hearing aid, I mentioned this as I can''t go through any of these scanners in shop doorways or airport customs checks,,

Now waiting for the sarcastic comments on here  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="im spartacus"]does season ticket scanners mean you could use a kids season ticket without upgrading cos no one will be there to check in person ?[:D][/quote]

They have had these in Australia for years. What happens if a child or concession ticket is scanned, a little light on top indicates to the ticket attendants watching that it is a discount type of ticket.

So depending on how observant / diligent they are to checking those indicators basically answers your question.
[/quote]

I wrote to the club asking about potential harm these scanners can cause to people like me with surgical implants, I have two, 1 that is attached to the heart and the other is a bone anchor hearing aid, I mentioned this as I can''t go through any of these scanners in shop doorways or airport customs checks,,

[/quote]

It won''t be that kind of scanner (if it is like other clubs) - it is more like a barcode scanner and your season ticket will have a barcode, or magnetic strip, on the back which you pass over a reader - this will then allow you to pass through a turnstile. You don''t have to pass through a metal detector type scanner yourself.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="im spartacus"]does season ticket scanners mean you could use a kids season ticket without upgrading cos no one will be there to check in person ?[:D][/quote]They have had these in Australia for years. What happens if a child or concession ticket is scanned, a little light on top indicates to the ticket attendants watching that it is a discount type of ticket.So depending on how observant / diligent they are to checking those indicators basically answers your question.[/quote]

[/quote]Not being sarcastic.  Just interested why thes scanners would cause you potential harm?