Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Hooper to partner RVW?

ww.ftbpro.com/posts/james.louis.hilton/212143/norwich-targeting-gary-hooper-to-partner-with-ricky-van-wolfswinkel?ref=facebook&team=Norw

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]ww.ftbpro.com/posts/james.louis.hilton/212143/norwich-targeting-gary-hooper-to-partner-with-ricky-van-wolfswinkel?ref=facebook&team=Norw[/quote]

Fixed

Hmmm well I cant post links but this is the address...

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/james.louis.hilton/212143/norwich-targeting-gary-hooper-to-partner-with-ricky-van-wolfswinkel?ref=facebook&team=Norw

Four forwards, playing in inferior teams, still managed to outscore Hooper in the SPL last season. Their records in English football shed light on what level of player can succeed in the SPL, and a prism through which to view Hooper''s strike rate.

Michael Higdon (26 league goals last season) 10 goals in 81 league appearances for Crewe

Billy McKay (23) 13 in 74 for Northampton

Leigh Griffiths (23) has managed one substitute appearance in the League Cup for Wolves

Niall McGinn (20) 5 in 37 for Brentford

Hooper''s record in lower league football is impressive, but noticeably more impressive than Simeon Jackson''s. Of course statistics don''t tell the whole truth, but I reckon we dodged a huge bullet with Hooper in January, I hope we don''t go back for more.

The simple fact is that there are better forwards available across Europe for less than it would likely cost to bring in Hooper.I cannot understand the seeming obsession with signing him (much like we pursued CMS when he wasn''t good enough IMHO), and I''d rather we brought in someone like Aspas, then I would Hooper...

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]ww.ftbpro.com/posts/james.louis.hilton/212143/norwich-targeting-gary-hooper-to-partner-with-ricky-van-wolfswinkel?ref=facebook&team=Norw[/quote]Was this ''fan article'' written by you?  There''s no shame in promoting it here to gain a few more page views.  But it would be more honest if you stated that this was the case.

Indy I agree with you that Europe is our best port of call to improve our team.

Research has been made with hooper and the belief in January that he was ideal. I think he is a tidy player, but I would have to say there are some cracking European prospects.

If hooper does come it will be a good player but if rvw is worth 8.5, which we got a major deal on, then hooper is worth 4-5 million he is not the player that rvw is.

We need that attacking midfielder, wide players and a striker what a change to our front line... Finally quality and snoddy and pilky on the bench ready to come on and give us that edge.

[quote user="They need to EARN the right to play us"]Hooper''s record in lower league football is impressive, but noticeably not more impressive than Simeon Jackson''s. Of course statistics don''t tell the whole truth, but I reckon we dodged a huge bullet with Hooper in January, I hope we don''t go back for more.[/quote]Well....his record in the Championship IS considerably better than Jacksons, 20 goals in 30 odd starts

Judder man I agree there.

Sj has moved on and fair play he got his contract at Ncfc after gills fans saying he needed 3 very good chances to score. I would agree he never improved from that comment. Hooper is by far and a wat a better striker than sj, not even a contest.