Sign in to follow this  
Chopper Harris

Weimann

This forum software is awful.

Coutinho is not a winger by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn''t play out wide at all.

Weimann plays on the right side of a front three and is a striker being asked to play quite wide. He doesn''t occupy the same positions on the pitch as Pilkington AT ALL

still totally disagree with you, but willing to withdraw from a semantic discussion for the sake of debate

on pilkington, the signing of weimann would revolutionise that position. Pilkington''s struggled all year and playing a more attacking option in place of him would give us more impetus going forward.

admittedly, that leaves in the space behind but if we continue to play two holding midfielders then they, in partnership with Garrido, should be able to cover the shortfall.

or alternatively Weimann>Pilkington by a factor of three

''Coutinho is not a winger by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn''t play out wide at all.''

I''ve seen him play out wide...

Sorry to disappoint, but we can all forget any hopes of this one as I think he is going to Newcastle.  I bumped into Peter Beardsley in Tesco Kingston Park and asked him if he knew which forwards Newcastle would be signing this summer and he said "why aye man".