Sign in to follow this  
Chopper Harris

Weimann

Rumour has it we are after Weimann. Would be happy to have him up front with RVW next season. what do others think?http://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/canaries-target-weimann-in-demand-1594653.html

Yes please. Very quick and knows how to know a few goals in. Could also play behind rvw in the wes role or down the wing.

It looks to me as if he is happy at Villa and simply using the media to get a better wage from them. So dont get your hopes up.

absolutely incredible player who would completely invigorate our attacking corps.

its never happening though, they pay higher wages than us and he''s got a relatively good thing going. Heard a while back Inter were keeping tabs on him.

If he goes anywhere it''ll be a more established outfit than us, I fear.

Jockstrap. The problem is they aren''t paying higher wages. Weimann isn''t a regular starter and probably wants more than they are willing to pay a regular starter since they are still in the process of lowering the wage bill.

Essentially you (and me) know much Villa pay their players, how much they are playing Weinamm, and how much he wants, or how much we''d be willing to pay him.

Always seems a little odd when people seem to be so certain of players/clubs wages. Sure a little speculation, but a ''it''ll never happen though, they lay higher wages'' is a bit over the top...

It is even simpler than that. We are not currently a huge step up for him and given that villa and him would both be willing to discuss a new contract, and that he has an affiliation and admiration of villa too...Financially we would probably just be used as a barganing chip for a better contract or move elsewhere.

I would be surprised, but you never know.

From what I can tell, Weimann does not like Lambert''s management style - as we know, he''s distant and doesn''t talk to the players that much (that''s what Culverhouse does). Its not always to everyone''s taste.

That being said, Weimann to Norwich would not only be a coup for us (he''s a talent), but a very personal dig at Lambert.

Also, his agent has confirmed with certainty that Weimann will be playing in the Premier League next year, but can''t say whether it will be at Villa. So, the Inter rumours are probably wide of the mark. He has also confirmed that there are several PL clubs that have made offers. Besides us, the other known club is Newcastle (according to the media).

Like I say, though. Really don''t think it will happen, even if he doesn''t sign a new contract.

This was a rumour from January that appeared to be wide of the mark it is hinting at.

Would anyone be surprised we are tracking him? Would anyone be surprised if at least another half a dozen teams are also doing so?

Could we sign him? I''d hope so but I imagine a lot depends on the likes of Benteke staying put.

As a midlands based canary I have the "pleasure" of working with a number of Villa fans so this would be great if it happens! Been whispers of this for a while & my most "in the know" Villa contact has not laughed it off.

It would certainly be a message of intent if this one happens.

Pele. They aren''t paying higher wages CURRENTLY because he''s a former youth player. My point is that they are CAPABLE of paying far higher wages than we are.

Aston Villa currently pay Bent £50,000+ a week. Our highest paid player is well under that. That''s my point.

If they do go to offer him a new contract, they will almost certainly offer him far more than we are capable of. Granted, I dont know their exact wage bill, but I''d be a moron if I couldn''t extrapolate this.

Also re: him not being a regular starter. Are you insane? Despite that initial teething in period, he has pretty much started every single game for them.

Weimann is class, apart from Benteke he was the only other positive to come out of a terrible season.

Real direct, pacy player, something we really miss, would love to see him here.

Unfortunately I cant see Villa letting him go, I cant see us affording him and I cant see him wanting to leave (unless a big club came in)

Good player and it would be worth it just to see the look on Lambert''s face when Weimann says he is leaving Villa for a bigger club.[:D]

From the little I''ve seen, Weimann looks the kind of player who consistently makes the wrong decision re: cross, shoot, pass, and we have a couple of those already so no thanks.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jockstrap. The problem is they aren''t paying higher wages. Weimann isn''t a regular starter and probably wants more than they are willing to pay a regular starter since they are still in the process of lowering the wage bill. [/quote]Weimann has 26 (4) premiership games this season for Villa and another 8 cup appearances.  Seems a pretty regular starter to me especially for someone who is only 21.  I imagine he is on a low wage as he is a former youth player.

the club politics don''t interest me, but he does seem the sort of player City should be looking for, so if there is a chanced then go for it. If it doesn''t, then move on to others on the list!

a villa mate i''ve talked to throughout the season says that many fans are quite worried about him leaving, but probably only around half he has spoken too reckon we or newcastle would have a shot at getting him.

apparently villas wage structure is a huge problem, and they don''t think they would offer weimann anything above 25k. which we could easily come in and offer 30-35.

as to our highest earner... i have no idea what that would be now.

i''ve heard RVW is to be on anywhere from 45-55k aweek.

Such a movce would only make sense to me if Holt went out. What would be the point of keeping him as third choice on high wages? For 10 minute cameos and professional time wasting? Holt''s better than that.

Would be a pretty decent investment, but would he work well with RVW?

Surely we''d want to spend the money buying a decent partner for him, and not just buying another ''good'' striking option?

That said, would be a great and younger understudy to Hoolahoop!

Erm, Jockstrap from what I have seen of him and know of him he''s a striker who Lambert has sometimes played as a wide man in a front 3 and from what i''ve seen usually on the right hand side which, if i''m correct, would appear to make your comment above incorrect on several levels. 

Hooray!![URL=http://s589.photobucket.com/user/dmacca666/media/weeman.jpg.html][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/weeman.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Jackstrap,

It is my understanding that he is primarily a striker, that has been forced out wide this season which has harmed his GS record in the league

(the whole, ba - cisse thing at newcastle)

Here''s the difference:

left side of front three = winger. right side of front three = winger. Centre of front three = striker

theo walcott = winger

giroud = striker

aaron lennon = winger

jermaine defoe = striker

coutinho = winger

suarez = striker

any questions?

plus, he''s been awesome all season, despite being ''played out position''. Ba and Cisse are out and out strikers who don''t have the pace and work-rate to deputise on the flanks. Weimann does.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]As a midlands based canary I have the "pleasure" of working with a number of Villa fans so this would be great if it happens! Been whispers of this for a while & my most "in the know" Villa contact has not laughed it off.

It would certainly be a message of intent if this one happens.[/quote]I too am a Midlands based Canary (weekdays, anyway!) but most of the Coventry, Villa, Wolves & Birmingham fans seems to have vanished! It''s only the West Brom fans I can have a pleasant chat with ! We generally get on as we''re similarish sized clubs. They DO hate "the Villa" though, which makes me laugh.Haven''t found a Walsall fan yet.

but he was played out of position... he can play the wing, shi**, even holt was put on the wing a few times before he came to norwich, kamara was on the wing too. however, all three are primarily centre forwards.

No news yet, he''s "in talks" with Villa

"Here''s the difference:

left side of front three = winger. right side of front three = winger. Centre of front three = striker

theo walcott = winger

giroud = striker

aaron lennon = winger

jermaine defoe = striker

coutinho = winger

suarez = striker

any questions?

"