Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Old Farm Friendly (YES OR NO)

(sorry if this has already been done)     Just a simple yes or no whether we should have this ''friendly''  against the scum and your reasons for it.At first,  I thought it would be great to play them and probably get another convinicng victory to wind up my 1p5wich supporting friends. But now, I think it''s an awful idea.  Odds are that they''ll go out and inure Van Wolfswinkel for the season or something equally disastrous and I''d rather play against a top European side than a average Championship one. It all seems a bit unnecessary. I think we should wait a few years to see if we get them in the cup, and maybe if we go another 3/4 years without playing them then maybe a friendly could be arranged. 

So,  yes or no?

No. If we play in the league or cup it''s a match where the result matters. Passions run high and it is a true Derby. A press-season friendly is literally pointless...

Yeah sure why not. It''s been too long since we''ve had a derby, could even have a cup for the winner.

For a start, stop using the ridiculous "old farm" title which was devised by some national media hack!

Older supporters will remember the hospital cup friendlies of the late 80''s - early 90''s when we played the sc*m every pre season and neither our wonderful City or their skanky town were burnt to the ground by rival supporters invading from over the borders! - Counting under 16''s shouting abuse at you from behind a line of police and barriers doesn''t constitute trouble!

And yes I''m in favour of playing Derby games on a Saturday cause with similar police controls and football specials on the trains no more trouble would be caused than if they the games were played on a Sunday at 12pm!

I''m all for the resumption of the old Hospital cup games particularly since they were only played when the teams were in different Divisions and we''re in the higher Division at present!

No need to play the game on a Sunday though!