Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan

Second half was crying out for some of his keep-ball play. But instead he brings on Connor Sammon, who did bugger all!

...several Champs players are obviously better?! Astonishing.

Ireland did naff all, barely a shot on target yet itv claim a ''deserved'' draw? Yeah, right.

Don''t know what was worse. Hooly not coming on, or me watching that dreary crud waiting for him to come on!

Old men. Old tactics.

[quote user="Herman "]Don''t know what was worse. Hooly not coming on, or me watching that dreary crud waiting for him to come on!

Old men. Old tactics.[/quote]

This!

Out of interest is it just us Norwich related onlookers thinking Hoolahan would be a massive improvement for the Irish or are there other people that think it as well?

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]Out of interest is it just us Norwich related onlookers thinking Hoolahan would be a massive improvement for the Irish or are there other people that think it as well?[/quote]

Just asked this question to an Arsenal fan friend of mine, He was gobsmacked Hoolahan never got a game last night, and like us he thinks Ireland could have won last night had he been on the pitch, guess the old Italian is frightened of playing him for fears of the I TOLD YOU SO''s the man is a p.....k

One of my best mates is from Ireland and was actually out there for the last few weeks. He said the majority of Irish fans think its criminal he doesn''t get a game for them. Most people he spoke to thought he''d get 45 minutes. So no, defintiely not just us, its the ''natives'' as well...

If Hools does not get a game against Georgia he should hang his international boots up...at least whilst Trap is in charge.

Don''t know which is more of an insult...not being picked for the squad or being selected and being the only forward player not used.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]If Hools does not get a game against Georgia he should hang his international boots up...at least whilst Trap is in charge. Don''t know which is more of an insult...not being picked for the squad or being selected and being the only forward player not used.[/quote]

Lets be fair here, the manager is in his dotage, hell, almost senile imo, Wes has no chance with this fool in charge.

So wiz, you going to tell us about the time when you could hear OTBC being sung slowly on youtube, despite being deaf?

Rather annoyed me too. Could have added something to their team, England sure were lacking. How good would it have been to see Pilkington and Hoolahan playing at Wembley? 

it is baffling - and having watched the game england could have done with him too - it was painful to watch!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]it is baffling - and having watched the game england could have done with him too - it was painful to watch![/quote]I get 50000000000 times more enjoyment watching Norwich than I do England. Even when we are losing 4/5 nil.

You left a nought off.

I enjoy England games when we are in a proper competition. I become quite patriotic, but like you there is a certain degree of indifference, even annoyance, otherwise.

the reason he doesnt play for Ireland is because hes a luxury player, who cant really play effectively anywhere else other than behind the striker

Trappatoni doesnt pick him because he would have to sacrifice the way the team lines up and in tern them vulnerable

not really much more to it, he doesnt fit the system and cant build a team around someone like that at international level, he aint bad but hes not messi

contrary to some opinions on here

Whilst I agree Stan, he does a lot of hard work for the team both defensively and in attack. He could have definitely added more to the game than Connor Sammon did.

I do think Pilks will become an international regular though

"the reason he doesnt play for Ireland is because hes a luxury player, who cant really play effectively anywhere else other than behind the striker ..."

Then why does Trap pick him?

[quote user="iron_stan"]the reason he doesnt play for Ireland is because hes a luxury player, who cant really play effectively anywhere else other than behind the striker

Trappatoni doesnt pick him because he would have to sacrifice the way the team lines up and in tern them vulnerable

not really much more to it, he doesnt fit the system and cant build a team around someone like that at international level, he aint bad but hes not messi

contrary to some opinions on here

[/quote]

Well if that''s how they play I think I''d respectively suggest that they change this ''system''

It was an end of season ''nothing'' friendly and the Irish have more important games coming up than that one.Trapp is not obliged to pick Hooly just because he''s one of ours. I think he probably knows a bit more about football than we do!  [:)]

"Orford65"It was an end of season ''nothing'' friendly and the Irish have more important games coming up than that one.

Trapp is not obliged to pick Hooly just because he''s one of ours. I think he probably knows a bit more about football than we do! 

You and stan make very fair points,but as it was only a friendly it would have been nice for Trap to try out some new formations and tactics. Yes it''s partly because he is ours, but also, having a soft spot for Ireland, I would like to see them do something different. They badly failed at the last tournament and desperately need a plan b.

I suppose you can''t teach an old dog new tricks.

Taken from Sky live report:Stephen Quinn comes on to make his Ireland debut. He replaces the impressive Wes Hoolahan in midfield.