Sign in to follow this  
SYG

James Nursey, twitter...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You didn''t really make me laugh, more annoyed I''d say.[/quote]

Well then you lied to me. I''m sad now.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Would love dwight Gayle, got everything and fast as hell.

£5m+ though without a doubt.

He will go to Villa and prove himself.[/quote]

In every picture I''ve seen of Dwight Gayle he looks literally ten years old, I''m not sure he''s really 22!

Ok i liked him when i seen him, wouldnt usually judge by a youtube video, but....

Is this guy the worst finisher ever? Lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQTW5vu3zA

I''m not a fan I can''t recall Nursey coming up with any earth shattering news other than things we could all have pretended to "be in the know over". Would trust Charlie Wyatt much more. Don''t tell us James Norwich still want to sign Hooper. Same as the Curtis Davies deal that was going to happen last summer.

Gayle is maybe worth a punt for around £3million no more. As already said, not exactly proven or experienced and really, we need more of that, not less of it.

As for Simpson - I''d say no thanks. He''s 26 (very eerily exactly one year younger than Martin) and not really that experienced. I''d have Martin and Whittaker ahead of him by a long shot. Both are stronger, more experienced and have scored more goals.

He''s not good enough for us now. Hull or Palace maybe, possibly even Cardiff.

Latest tweet reads;

"Told #NCFC going all out for Celtic Hooper this summer. Given they put in multiple bids in Jan & failed, surely City will now get their man"

It''s Hooper, according to Nursey.

"Going all out for him" he suggests.

Good, pleased with that if hardly surprising. Van Wolswinkel, the technical trickier and classy striker, Hooper the pacier, stronger handful.

That''s a good combination for me.

James Nursey has just tweeted the following.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey 55s

Told #NCFC going all out for Celtic Hooper this summer. Given they put in multiple bids in Jan & failed, surely City will now get their man

I hope we don''t pay more than 4 million.

IF true, the going all out bit worries me... Sounds like a still largely inflated price tag.Saying that, I comment only on what I have been told by my St. Mirren ST holder workmate, which is "Hooper is a fantastic player, constantly on the move, constantly a threat and far too good for NCFC. I would probably seeing him going to an Everton, Newcastle or even Spurs."I would be happy to get him here, just not at any costs.

Yawn Yawn Mr Nursey, Wrote your tweet hours ago.

Might even follow you if you didn''t just rehash what we already know and try and make out you are in the know.

Don''t recall your scoop on the Hooper/Graham bids in Jan , oh no that was someone else.

Big news !!! Norwich to play in Yellow and Green next season.

My sources tell me that there is a plane scheduled to leave Norwich International for Prestwick at 6.30 in the morning!

Could it? Would it be? Surely not? ;)

No surprise if we go back for Hooper - if you make 3 or 4 bids for someone in Jan then the interest is unlikely to have gone come the summer. Would imagine there will be more than just us in for him. The likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke & WBA all need striking reinforcements. Decent scoring record & Champs League experience. If we could get him for less than £5M it would be good business - don''t forget Rhodes cost £8M. A much safer bet than the likes of Gayle.

The Danny Simpson link is an easy one to make with Hughton having managed him at Newcastle - would be ok on a free. It might mean that Whitaker & Martin will provide the cover at left back?

In all honesty, with the plane being on standby back in January, this meant that terms with the player had all but been agreed. It was just the small matter of the transfer fee that remained outstanding so doubt the players stance would have changed considerably since then.

Despite the end of season angst, our mid table finish of 11th will help make it even more attractive to that upper quality of player. No reason why Hooper should suddenly think otherwise.

Fans gather outside Carrow Road following impending news of Hooper arrival....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxeLt21x6gU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He''s a Norwich fan based in Brum, hence why he does a lot of Villa reporting. He was on the McVeigh and Butler prog earlier this season (or is it last season now?!).

His tweets are usually pretty accurate.

If you don''t want to pay any attention to his tweets then that''s fine, no problem, but I''m just telling you that his history tells us he is usually pretty close with his news. Being based in Brum he also has close links to Hughton. Was pretty on the money in the run up to appointing Hughton. Not sure what his motive would be to make up this news.

the only way hooper has a chance at an Everton+ club, is if he waits out this season and moves on a free.

even so, I''m not sure if they would risk it for the wages he would want for more than a 2 year contract.

the best option, for all involved, is for norwich to get him. celtic get a *bit* of cash, and he gets to prove himself.

however, what is likely is celtic will hold him ransom for somewhere well over 4m, Norwich will rightfully refuse to pay it, and it will between clubs like us, soton, west ham, and swansea for his signature when he is a free agent.

Personally, I do think Hooper is currently worth between £7m and £8m. He''s a goalscorer and goalscorers are the most difficult position to fill. That''s why they cost the most.

The argument that he is playing in the equivalent of the Championship is certainly a valid one, but he has also proved his worth at Champions League level over recent seasons, which is far above the quality of both Championship and 8th to 20th of the PL.

If you realise that Jordan Rhodes went from League 1 to Championship for around £7.2m and Jay Rodriguez from Championship to Prem for £7m, it''s hard to argue that Hooper''s true price is any less than this.

To suggest he is not worth over £4m is pretty foolish and not inkeeping with today''s market I''m afraid!

He is of course now approaching the final year of his contract, but that price will not significantly decrease until January. We can''t wait that long, we need him this summer.

I think £8m will seal it and in comparison to other similar moves, I don''t think that''s as crazy a figure as you may think at first glance.

RVW and Hooper could potentially compliment each other very well.

I agree with the post above. people need to get out of their "little old Norwich" mindset and start getting their heads around the going rate for players these days, particularly now the new tv deal is in place. £7-8m for a striker with a decent goalscoring record is the norm these days and if the likes of Jordan Rhodes and Jay Rodriguez are going for that sort of fee then we are going to have to start paying it. Plus us paying £7m for Hooper is perfectly within our capabilities now we are debt free and have at least £70m to look forward to next season (remember the RVW money seems to have come largely from last seasons budget). So if Hughton has identified Hooper as the man he wants I have no problem with us paying that sort of fee. I would also agree with the other post above that suggests we probably already had terms broadly agreed with Hooper''s agent in January given we were still trying to agree a fee with Celtic up to the last day of the deadline. I therefore would think any deal with the player may not be too hard to finalise although of course the unknown factor (and the one that could scupper us) will be whether any other teams are now sniffing about and offering more.