Sign in to follow this  
SYG

James Nursey, twitter...

"Chris Hughton is going to sign another striker for #ncfc despite already getting Ricky van Wolfswinkel. More tomorrow"

Rather interesting...

we all know a striker is likely to be on the way..

i expect Nursey is only going to reveal more tomorrow as it gives him 24 hours to google a random striker we can realistically sign and link with us.

Thanks, he''s generally been reasonably accurate in the past.

While it''s no surprise we''re on the lookout for another striker, it would be great to get another signing in early in the transfer window.

There''s been little of any note in the press about any transfer rumours regarding us yet, could this be the first to surface?

I wonder if it''s Weimann we''re after

"The sun reported today we had 7.1m bid turned down for hooper. My moneys on him. "

Not exactly current, that was our final offer in January. It will be a lot less now.

the "more tomorrow" will no doubt be a rehashed Gary Hooper/Andi Weimann story.

Wasn''t it Nursey who reported our interest in Jacob Mulenga in January!? or Ibrahima Toure...

[quote user="Mervmeister"]The sun reported today we had 7.1m bid turned down for hooper. My moneys on him.[/quote]

It''s the Sun, plus it sounds very much like the news at the end of the transfer window so could just be recycled stuff to up the anti with Celtic as they are supposedly discussing a new deal for him at the moment if you believe anything that Lennon says.

Not convinced we''ll get Hooper now, and to be honest anything over £5 million is far too much for a player that has only really proven himself in Scotland.

People go on about the SPL being the equivalent to the Championship - it really isn''t. It''s more like a mash of a couple of mid-lower prem teams, a couple of championship teams and a few league one teams.

Without trying to be harsh to players, just look how well Lappin was able to play at that level, Hartson who was a big unit and other premiership players like Wier who was still playing up there into his 40''s.

As much as I like Hooper, and would have him here, I wouldn''t want to risk another chunk of the transfer budget on a gamble of that amount.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]The sun reported today we had 7.1m bid turned down for hooper. My moneys on him.[/quote]

It''s the Sun, plus it sounds very much like the news at the end of the transfer window so could just be recycled stuff to up the anti with Celtic as they are supposedly discussing a new deal for him at the moment if you believe anything that Lennon says.

Not convinced we''ll get Hooper now, and to be honest anything over £5 million is far too much for a player that has only really proven himself in Scotland.

People go on about the SPL being the equivalent to the Championship - it really isn''t. It''s more like a mash of a couple of mid-lower prem teams, a couple of championship teams and a few league one teams.

Without trying to be harsh to players, just look how well Lappin was able to play at that level, Hartson who was a big unit and other premiership players like Wier who was still playing up there into his 40''s.

As much as I like Hooper, and would have him here, I wouldn''t want to risk another chunk of the transfer budget on a gamble of that amount.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]Both James and Charlie Wyett are well connected to the club, if they post they are fairly accurate with their info.[/quote]Does anyone know if Nursey and Wyett are Norwich fans?They seem to always break news about Norwich City.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Canary Willo"]Both James and Charlie Wyett are well connected to the club, if they post they are fairly accurate with their info.[/quote]

Does anyone know if Nursey and Wyett are Norwich fans?

They seem to always break news about Norwich City.
[/quote]

Wyett is.

I believe Nursey got to know Hughton from when he was at Birmingham as he covers the Midlands.

There are quite a few Norwich fans in the mainstream media.There also seem to be quite a few working on Sky Sports and MOTD. Shearer especially often mentions "the Norwich fans in the studio" who discuss Norwich City with him.It does surprise me that we still get seen as "little old Naarrwch"

I shall be waiting for Tom Cavendish to appear with news as after all...............

There are hundreds of different opinions on here but as you can see mine are proven to be accurate. I used to do some scouting for a Premier League manager and a Premier League coach (who are not working at the same clubs) so I have some insight.

[;)]

the forward we are after is dwight gayle form Peterborough also Danny Simpson will be signing on a free from Newcastle

Both Charlie Wyett and Kevin Piper, connected through his TV work, have passed the idea of Gayle a few times on Twitter, without so much as saying directly we are interested.

Nursey is indeed a Canary, born and bred in the Fine City

[quote user="ncfc2012"]the forward we are after is dwight gayle form Peterborough also Danny Simpson will be signing on a free from Newcastle[/quote]

Levi Roots Reggae Reggae?

Always makes me laugh when people ask for a source. 99 times out of 100 people are talking sh*te, but if you''re fortunate enough to have someone giving you the nod then last thing you''re going to do is name them on an Internet message board.

Gayle''s name has popped up a few times. Posh say he''s got a better all round game than Rhodes and seeing as Blackburn paid £8m or him then they value Gayle at £10m. He''s certainly quick and strong an has shown an eye for goal, but he''s still hugely unproven, he''s played less than 30 games at Championship level. Might be worth a punt at £2m but I wouldn''t even bother looking at him until he''s proven he can hit the target regularly over a couple of seasons. Most of his career goals to date were scored on loan at non league Bishops Stortford.

To suggest he''s worth more than RVW is frankly hilarious and Posh should take a bit of a look at themselves.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Always makes me laugh when people ask for a source. 99 times out of 100 people are talking sh*te, but if you''re fortunate enough to have someone giving you the nod then last thing you''re going to do is name them on an Internet message board.

Gayle''s name has popped up a few times. Posh say he''s got a better all round game than Rhodes and seeing as Blackburn paid £8m or him then they value Gayle at £10m. He''s certainly quick and strong an has shown an eye for goal, but he''s still hugely unproven, he''s played less than 30 games at Championship level. Might be worth a punt at £2m but I wouldn''t even bother looking at him until he''s proven he can hit the target regularly over a couple of seasons. Most of his career goals to date were scored on loan at non league Bishops Stortford.

To suggest he''s worth more than RVW is frankly hilarious and Posh should take a bit of a look at themselves.[/quote]

Glad i made you laugh.

Would love dwight Gayle, got everything and fast as hell.

£5m+ though without a doubt.

He will go to Villa and prove himself.