Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

If Greeno goes....

Which I don''t think he will, who do you think has the more potential to be our number 1, and who would you want to see wearing the number 1 shirt? Personally I think Worthy will choose Ward over Gallacher, as Ward has been the main choice as backup for the past season on the bench. But this will mean Gallacher won''t want to hang around, and while I don''t know all that much about him (only saw him play against Yarmouth last summer!) I have the impression he could do a better job, and that he has the more potential, being around the same age as Green.

Plus the fact I was having a conversation last night with a die-hard Forest fan, and she had a few things to say about Ward:

-Forest would have got automatic promotion a few years back if it hadn''t been for Ward in goal!
-He''s dodgy
-Didn''t have much to do because he had an ''ace defence'' in front of him, but he let in some shockers (imagine him with our defence :ermm
-Used to wear some ''very fetching caps'' when the sun just ''happened to be in his eyes - every week''
-...and finally that he would be more suited to a catwalk!

Obviously not my words but coming from a Forest fan who''s seen a lot of them in past years and knows a lot about the players. I''m all for giving players a chance to prove themselves, and obviously worthy sees more of the keepers in training than us, but if Greeno goes, i''d like to see Gallacher as our first choice keeper. If Greeno doesn''t go, then I think he will be off.

Gallacher for me, too, as I think he is the one with the potential.  Add in the fact that he spent much of last season out on loan, he has more recent regular first team football behind him than Ward.

[quote]Gallacher for me, too, as I think he is the one with the potential. Add in the fact that he spent much of last season out on loan, he has more recent regular first team football behind him than Ward.[/quote]

Strength to Templeton and little Temps:

Sorry Temps, but I don''t know too much about Gallacher performance''s of late, but what little I have seen, doesn''t impress me that much.

Now you know me and keepers, weaned on Nethercott, and ''Keelan the Cat'', was my all time favourite city keeper.

So I''m a bit fussy when it comes to them, Greeno and Gallacher will never be in their class (although Gunny came close) and that worries me.

The one thing you will really need next season, is a good steady keeper.

Strength right back to you Wiz, good to see you back in full cry on the boards.  Have you recovered fully from your ordeal yet? I will pass on the strength to little temps, can you believe she is 1 on Friday?  How quick has that year just gone?

Anyway, back to my point - I wouldn''t be overly worried about the keeper situation if I were you Wiz, I think we are in as stong a position in that department as we have ever been - whether Green stays or not.  One of my work colleagues is a Dundee Utd fan who has only recently moved to this part of the world and was a season ticket holder at Tannadice before the move - he assures me that Gallacher is a seriously good goalkeeper who was rated as highly as Green is before his move.

well now after making his debut, he is saying the premier is where he wants to be.. fine you can''t knock a player for wanting to play at the highest level.   As for Gallacher and Ward... I feel Worthington doesn''t see them as natural replacements.. as he was said to be sounding out a couple of other keepers....now surely we don''t need three keepers in the fizzy league as he stated we did in the prem...

How is Lewis coming on these days.. perhaps a bit young to 1st choice but a move up the pecking order may be a step in the right direction

ward isn''t up to it completely agree with the comments above... i don''t rate him

gallacher i do rate... we got a bargain when we got him... rated 2-3 million... and from what i have seen of him he looks a good player... commanding, shot stopper dependable

its a win sit. if green goes or stays

we either get good £

or we have a top keeper

altho if green does go, i think hislop would be worth investing in (on a free) as i don''t think ward is a capable 2nd choice if we want to push for promotion

i must admit I havent seen Gallacher, Ward or Lewis play but I have heard good things about all of them.

I personally think Green will go.  Cant blame him I suppose.  If I was offered a better job - I would take it!

Has to be Gallacher for me. Being a Jock, i''ve seen him quite a few times for Scotland, and also caught a glimpse of some of his games between the stick at the Tangerines. He''s solid, and a very good shot stopper. I''d love Green to stay, but personally, i''d rather take the £3m+ we''ll get for him, stick Gallacher between the sticks, and buy a solid centre half and right back for the cash we get.

Ward would be good back up, and Joe Lewis should be bled in this season, as he''s ultimately the next Norwich keeper to pull on an England strip.