Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Alternative Micheal Turner songs?

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I like it I don''t want to change it[/quote]

Turner clearly doesn''t like it though, so why keep singing it. All you are doing is p!ssing him off. What if it annoys him to the point of him wanting out?? He''s definitely a 1st team player, and expect him to be next year.

I''m not very good at writing lyrics. But maybe something to the tune of ''Oh Sara sara, whatever will be will be'' etc (But obviously O Turner Turner...). I''ll give it a go: -

Oh Turner, Turner
Best defender in the league
Our future looks bright to me
Oh Turner Turner

Ok, thats really bad. I''ll leave it to someone else lol

I wonder what other clubs tease one of their best players through stupid chants.

It''s not funny. It''s not clever. It''s entirely embarrassing and Turner himself has made it clear those who sing it should stop.

Support the man, he was as big a star as Bassong last year at times, sometimes even more so.

hardly a terrace song but surely something from bonnie tyler''s total eclipse of the heart

Turner round

every now and then he falls apart..

[quote user="Hannibal II"]hardly a terrace song but surely something from bonnie tyler''s total eclipse of the heart Turner round every now and then he falls apart..[/quote]

Thats funny [:D] but not much better for Turner than the original surely lol

Turners sound, if he ever left it''d break my heart?

One Tina Turner

There''s only one Tina Turner

She''s always been shite

But her legs are alright

Walking in a Turner wonderland

how about

THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL TURNER

ONE MICHAEL TURNER

HE USED TO BE SHITE

BUT NOW HES ALRIGHT

WALKING IN A TURNER WONDER

(repeat until everybody shuts up about replacing one of our best chants)

WHICH THE PLAYER YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING TRIBUTE TO/SUPPORTING WITH YOUR CHANT, DOESN''T LIKE!!!IS THIS A BIT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GRASP?FFS! [:#]

"THERE''S ONLY ONE MICHAEL TURNER

ONE MICHAEL TURNER

HE USED TO BE ***

BUT NOW HES ALRIGHT

IF I GOT PAID AS MUCH AS HIM FOR KICKING A BALL AROUND I CERTAINLY WOULDN''T BE SUCH A WET BLANKET AND GET MY KNICKERS IN A TWIST ABOUT SOME PEOPLE SINGING A SONG ABOUT ME....."Not as punchy as I''d hoped......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo[8]Turner''s sound...Every now and then

Seb Bassong cocks it up and Turner''s there to bale him outTurner''s sound...Every now and then he goes up for a corner and half-volleys it into the netTurner''s sound...Every now and then he gets a little pissed off with the Snake Pit full of shell-suited yobsTurner''s sound...Every now and then he shakes his fist at the Barclay and then gets back on with his jobTurner''s sound, bright eyesYes it''s true, he had a useless startTurner''s sound, bright eyes
But without him our back four would fall apart

And we need him at the backAnd we need him for set piecesAnd we need him in midfieldHe''s the greatest man since JesusAnd he''ll win every header in sight''Cause he''s brave and he''s strong....Once upon a time we had Barnett and WardWe were always falling apartWith Turner and BassongIt''s a total nil-nil from the start....[8]

What about ...to the tune of the hymn/Christian song  "Michael row the boat ashore"Michael sorting out the back, Michael TurnerMichael scoring in attack, Michael Tur - ur - nerrepeat ad infiniteum

Careful chops you might offend someone ;)

How about

There''s only one Michael turner

One Michael turner

He used to be alright

And now he''s even better

Shutting up all the pant wetters

Sunderland used to sing - to the tune of what shall we do with the drunken sailor -

Who’s gonna get past Michael Turner?

No one can get past him!

Turner, up he rises

Turner, up he rises

Turner, up he rises

Scoring goals from corners!

NWCC would certainly go with that one! When I hear you start it off I''ll be with you.

Always happy to join in. Not happy doing solos - sadly my trim physique puts me in danger of being mistaken for the guy in the Go Compare ads - it didn''t end well for him.

i am not a simpleton and completely adore the ''used to be shite'' chant.

being a paid professional, i''m sure he isnt bothered to the extent that it would affect his performance.

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]i am not a simpleton and completely adore the ''used to be shite'' chant.

being a paid professional, i''m sure he isnt bothered to the extent that it would affect his performance.[/quote]

You sure about that? Cos your contributions to this thread certainly make you seem simple to the onlooker.

There''s only one Michael Turner

One Michael Turner

We wrote him a song

But we got it all wrong

This new song''s much more boring than we''d planned