Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Adomah on the radar again?

Seen somewhere on twatter, that we''ve bid £1 million for him. I remember him being linked some time ago, but seems a bit out of the blue. Paving the way for someone to go?

One of those never quite lived up to it players, not sure if he is the direction we should go. Plenty of pace but not a whole lot else I think, certianly not a step up on what we already have.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Seen somewhere on twatter, that we''ve bid £1 million for him. I remember him being linked some time ago, but seems a bit out of the blue. Paving the way for someone to go?[/quote]
Where''s Ghost of Theo asking for the agreed template to be used for these nonsense rumours!

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="Buzz Killington"]Seen somewhere on twatter, that we''ve bid £1 million for him. I remember him being linked some time ago, but seems a bit out of the blue. Paving the way for someone to go?[/quote]
Where''s Ghost of Theo asking for the agreed template to be used for these nonsense rumours!
[/quote]This one is not even close to compliant. Creative flair has been used in the subject. No mention of Football manager.Come on, we must standardise these!http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2921858/ShowPost.aspx[;)]

Whilst I fully understand the boredom of the transfer windo rumour mill, and the influx of ridiculous ''rumours'', made up by kids/trolls all summer, this is still a discussion forum, and a norwich city one at that. Nobody has to read any thread they don''t want to. If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about, and the thread then starts a discussion. If you don''t like reading them, don''t. No need to ruin what could be a valid, relevant discussion about something somebody has seen regarding our club, with the self righteous, "oh another useless rumour" attempt at a put down. Ever wonder why this forum has so many members, but the same (very) few posters? Because people are ''not allowed'' to discuss relevant points, without the main point of the post becoming that someone dared to post in the first place. If we were in a pub chatting, and I said, "I''ve just spotted that we''ve offered a million for Adomah", the standard response wouldn''t be, "oh another twitter rumour", there would be a discussion about the merits/pitfalls of signing such a player. Feel free to discuss said merits/pitfalls of said player, and stop bit Ching about me posting a rumour seen on twatter!

"...................the club will therefore be asking fans to assist in this new quest by

posting up likely players names on any football forum ..... no matter

how ridiculous those names might appear to others.

" We''ve

been far too selective in the past and far too ''picky as well. No one

should be thought too old, too useless or too unwanted not to be part of

next seasons set up at Carrow Road. ""If others don''t want ''em, we''''ll have ''em"

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Whilst I fully understand the boredom of the transfer windo rumour mill, and the influx of ridiculous ''rumours'', made up by kids/trolls all summer, this is still a discussion forum, and a norwich city one at that. Nobody has to read any thread they don''t want to. If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about, and the thread then starts a discussion. If you don''t like reading them, don''t. No need to ruin what could be a valid, relevant discussion about something somebody has seen regarding our club, with the self righteous, "oh another useless rumour" attempt at a put down. Ever wonder why this forum has so many members, but the same (very) few posters? Because people are ''not allowed'' to discuss relevant points, without the main point of the post becoming that someone dared to post in the first place. If we were in a pub chatting, and I said, "I''ve just spotted that we''ve offered a million for Adomah", the standard response wouldn''t be, "oh another twitter rumour", there would be a discussion about the merits/pitfalls of signing such a player. Feel free to discuss said merits/pitfalls of said player, and stop bit Ching about me posting a rumour seen on twatter![/quote]You make some good points......... but there''s just so many of them!!!!

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Whilst I fully understand the boredom of the transfer windo rumour mill, and the influx of ridiculous ''rumours'', made up by kids/trolls all summer, this is still a discussion forum, and a norwich city one at that. Nobody has to read any thread they don''t want to. If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about, and the thread then starts a discussion. If you don''t like reading them, don''t. No need to ruin what could be a valid, relevant discussion about something somebody has seen regarding our club, with the self righteous, "oh another useless rumour" attempt at a put down. Ever wonder why this forum has so many members, but the same (very) few posters? Because people are ''not allowed'' to discuss relevant points, without the main point of the post becoming that someone dared to post in the first place. If we were in a pub chatting, and I said, "I''ve just spotted that we''ve offered a million for Adomah", the standard response wouldn''t be, "oh another twitter rumour", there would be a discussion about the merits/pitfalls of signing such a player. Feel free to discuss said merits/pitfalls of said player, and stop bit Ching about me posting a rumour seen on twatter![/quote]

Good point! and well said. Seems to be so many forum police on here and that because they have over 15 thousand posts or whatever gives them the right to be pedantic and shoot you down for starting a new topic

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Whilst I fully understand the boredom of the transfer windo rumour mill, and the influx of ridiculous ''rumours'', made up by kids/trolls all summer, this is still a discussion forum, and a norwich city one at that. Nobody has to read any thread they don''t want to. If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about, and the thread then starts a discussion. If you don''t like reading them, don''t. No need to ruin what could be a valid, relevant discussion about something somebody has seen regarding our club, with the self righteous, "oh another useless rumour" attempt at a put down. Ever wonder why this forum has so many members, but the same (very) few posters? Because people are ''not allowed'' to discuss relevant points, without the main point of the post becoming that someone dared to post in the first place. If we were in a pub chatting, and I said, "I''ve just spotted that we''ve offered a million for Adomah", the standard response wouldn''t be, "oh another twitter rumour", there would be a discussion about the merits/pitfalls of signing such a player. Feel free to discuss said merits/pitfalls of said player, and stop bit Ching about me posting a rumour seen on twatter![/quote]

Well said pal.

I''ve liked Adomah since his Barnet days. Loads of potential. Maybe a rough diamond.

[quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]Well said pal.

I''ve liked Adomah since his Barnet days. Loads of potential. Maybe a rough diamond.[/quote]Whilst I''m not averse to signing players from lower leagues etc, should we really be looking for ''rough diamonds'' as part of our quest to not only remain in the top flight - but improve on our league position?To me, we''re at a stage where we need to bring in proven quality in order acheive this, as against taking gambles on lower league players who may or may not be anywhere near good enough.Players like Butterfield who are young and promising are one thing (assuming we have the squad space), but Adomah is already 25 and he''s never played at a good level to show his real capabilities (it''s much easier to look good against L1 and L2 opposition, as Jackson proved...)Not one for me tbh, either bring in someone like Redmond or Ince who is young and with bags of potential, or already proven players in good European leagues such as Diego Capel, Nacer Chadli etc...

"If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about"then why not use it ?the clue is in the words Transfer Talkthat way you can be as ''self righteous'' as you like about posting up this kind of stuff

Remember being linked with him a few seasons back, where he was supposed to be the next big thing. Not so sure on what he would add to the team now though, if we are to sign a winger, then they''d have to be better than Benno and Pilks, and Adomah probably isn''t near that standard. That said, at the rumoured £1m, it''s not a huge risk financially as if it didn''t work out, we should recoup what we pay for him when we offload him, just possibly a bit of a waste of a place in the 25 man squad rule?!

[quote user="City1st"]"If you see the tittle, it clearly states what the thread is about"then why not use it ?the clue is in the words Transfer Talkthat way you can be as ''self righteous'' as you like about posting up this kind of stuff

[/quote]

Get a grip.