Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

For we are saying "Give us a Lift"!

I suppose few of you on this Board realise that the way to their seats for Golden Oldies in the Upper Barclay is via the Service Lift, I wonder how the new entrance proceedures are going to affect them. It really is time that a multi million pound operation like NCFC could afford a proper lift for their old folks. A stumble on the steps could be very serious.

Entrance to the Gunn Club is also a problem which needs a bob spent on it. The cost could be quickly collected I should think with a raffle after a game. I was very thankful for our former M.P. coming to my aid one time when I slipped on the concret entrance steps and he is not a young man.

Why not get tickets in the lower levels? Simple and cheaper solution.

[quote user="Herman "]Why not get tickets in the lower levels? Simple and cheaper solution.[/quote]With respect, I think you''re missing the point here Herman.Surely it is up to the club to enable the older clientele to sit as high up and as far away* from the action as they want to, and to spend millions of pounds on ground alterations to facilitate this?  We need to remember that these older customers have been customers for many many years, often since before you and I were born, and they have a right to sit anywhere in the ground they want to regardless of age or eyesight - particularly when they have been attending for so long that the plastic seat has even started to bear the imprint of their aged buttocks.  If this means the club needs to spend significant sums to install lifts, escalators, bell-hops, rope ladders, a great glass elevator or even an outward-facing paternoster, then this is surely not unreasonable?

* includes Lowestoft

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="Herman "]Why not get tickets in the lower levels? Simple and cheaper solution.[/quote]

With respect, I think you''re missing the point here Herman.

Surely it is up to the club to enable the older clientele to sit as high up and as far away* from the action as they want to, and to spend millions of pounds on ground alterations to facilitate this?  We need to remember that these older customers have been customers for many many years, often since before you and I were born, and they have a right to sit anywhere in the ground they want to regardless of age or eyesight - particularly when they have been attending for so long that the plastic seat has even started to bear the imprint of their aged buttocks.  If this means the club needs to spend significant sums to install lifts, escalators, bell-hops, rope ladders, a great glass elevator or even an outward-facing paternoster, then this is surely not unreasonable?

* includes Lowestoft
[/quote]

I think you should broaden your outlook, Chops, and include all East Coast Canaries.

Thanks for clarifying the situation Chops.

Maybe an extra subsidy on younger folk''s tickets to pay for these lifts. Also we could work alongside the good folk from Stannah* to develop a system that could deliver customers straight to their seat.

If your struggling to get up stairs its probably time you should think about stoping going to the football. listen in to radio norfolk from your comfy sofa and give canary call a ring after each game moaning about something each week

I wonder if Herman (8045 posts) YankeeCanary (5877 posts) Chops (14406 posts) and yourself Hannibal (a mere 242 posts) have ever achieved anything for the Club, the fans, or the team with the over 28,000 writings between you?

Perhaps you would let us readers know!

[quote user="Hannibal II"]If your struggling to get up stairs its probably time you should think about stoping going to the football. listen in to radio norfolk from your comfy sofa and give canary call a ring after each game moaning about something each week[/quote]Perhaps you should stop being a snotty little so and so and show some respect.  You''ll have trouble with stairs one day.............

Surely LDC or Tom Cavendish will have advice for Mr.McNally or Mr.Bowkett who both seem to have lost the plot with regard to stadium redevelopment and upgrading of facilities.

Well now, I was a lower barclay boy for many years. But I found is difficult to get to my seat. Difficult to behave like whore''s drawers whilst in my seat. And difficult to exit my seat after the game. I finally found the good sense to approach the club about this and they helped me find a seat that I could access, watch the game and exit with no problem. Of course it''s not as much fun as where I was and I''m now wondering if it would have been worthwhile asking to have the lower barclay adapted to accommodate me.

Think of how much oxygen is wasted on these old gits. and how much easier travel would be without mobility vehicles clogging up the city.

It''s not that much oxygen really. Little old shallow breaths as we make our way to blanket boulevard. It''s those fat feckers apanting and awheezing their way to and from the pie shop that waste the oxygen.

"Bobert" I wonder if Herman (8045 posts) YankeeCanary (5877 posts) Chops (14406 posts) and yourself Hannibal (a mere 242 posts) have ever achieved anything for the Club, the fans, or the team with the over 28,000 writings between you?

There isn''t much I can do except buy the odd ticket, merchandise, shares etc. But one thing I won''t do is moan that the club doesn''t pander to my every whim.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s not that much oxygen really. Little old shallow breaths as we make our way to blanket boulevard. It''s those fat feckers apanting and awheezing their way to and from the pie shop that waste the oxygen.

[/quote]

What about the drain on the St John''s Ambulance?

;-)

The reaction would suggest that there is little respect for the needs of older fans that have been attending games at the club for many years.

A sad reflection, lovely smart arse comments from posters who "buy the odd ticket"

Shame on you!

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] What about the drain on the St John''s Ambulance? ;-)[/quote]

Again it''s those fat feckers, young and old who are much more likely to need the services of our brave ambulance service men and women. Us old codgers may need attending just before we push up the daisies but the fat feckers need constant care and attention as they put so much pressure on their vitals..

[quote user="Mr Carrow"]The reaction would suggest that there is little respect for the needs of older fans that have been attending games at the club for many years.

A sad reflection, lovely smart arse comments from posters who "buy the odd ticket"

Shame on you![/quote]That''s fine Mr Carrow, I have no respect for the little sh*ts either.[;)]

Not at all Mr Carrow. Just being realistic. The club has already made a lot areas accessible for the disabled/infirm etc. which are available to Bobert, if he is prepared to move.

Plus he is always moaning about something, so I am not sure if he is being genuin, hence the flippant remarks.

With the new ticket scanners being installed for next season the club will be introducing some new entrances around the stadium for those less physically able but they will be easily spotted....

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/cbalmforth/media/Myanonamouse/coffin_zps4f4c2e95.jpg.html][IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll358/cbalmforth/Myanonamouse/coffin_zps4f4c2e95.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Surely LDC or Tom Cavendish will have advice for Mr.McNally or Mr.Bowkett who both seem to have lost the plot with regard to stadium redevelopment and upgrading of facilities.[/quote]

To lump together  my wishes for the issues surrounding the blot on the landscape to be addressed, with the ramblings of Tom Cavendish, I find a trifle harsh..............however, my opinion about older people or those who find it difficult climbing up to their seats, will probably sound just as harsh, but the facts of life are that if you can''t climb the stairs,  don''t blame other people for it.   Ask the club to change your seat for one you can manage to get to.  Much easier and cheaper for the club to manage than installing lifts all over the place.     

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Surely LDC or Tom Cavendish will have advice for Mr.McNally or Mr.Bowkett who both seem to have lost the plot with regard to stadium redevelopment and upgrading of facilities.[/quote]

To lump together  my wishes for the issues surrounding the blot on the landscape to be addressed, with the ramblings of Tom Cavendish, I find a trifle harsh..............however, my opinion about older people or those who find it difficult climbing up to their seats, will probably sound just as harsh, but the facts of life are that if you can''t climb the stairs,  don''t blame other people for it.   Ask the club to change your seat for one you can manage to get to.  Much easier and cheaper for the club to manage than installing lifts all over the place.     

[/quote]

Yes indeed LDC maybe you could ask that they give you a seat that does not look in the direction of the hotel. Anywhere in The Jarrold or Barclay Upper or Lower for that matter. Much easier and cheaper for the club than buying it to pull down because you see it as a "blot on the landscape".

[quote user="Bobert"]

I wonder if Herman (8045 posts) YankeeCanary (5877 posts) Chops (14406 posts) and yourself Hannibal (a mere 242 posts) have ever achieved anything for the Club, the fans, or the team with the over 28,000 writings between you?

[/quote]Certainly.   I once held a door open for Darren Kenton.  He said "thanks".

Perhaps we could put a one-tier "Wensum Stand" for the old folks in front of the bottom two floors of the Holiday Inn.  Each seat in the stand would come with complementary rose-tinted glasses - handy for wearing when discussing the Robert Chase era - and the stand roof would be supported by a pillar strategically sited to prevent you having to see the evil witch pandering to Sky Sports from the Director''s box. It would block out some of the eyesore Hotel, though some of the occupants may not be a visual improvement and would probably make less noise.

"tom cavendish"The longer-term solution will be a new stadium.

:-)

[quote user="tom cavendish"]The longer-term solution will be a new stadium.[/quote]

Blimey, that''s a new one!

Have you got any ideas on where it should be, how we would fund it etc?

I''ve had many jobs in my day...one of them (circa 91-95) was a lift engineer, and although I was a poor technician at best, what I can tell you is they they are pretty expensive and very hard to install in an existing building that hasn''t a prepared shaft in hindsight...especially if the building is of steel and high tensile concrete construction...a bolt on shaft on the outside of the Barclay would be the only option and has its own problems...blocking access being the main one.

Luckily, and for the safety of many Londoners, my lift engineering days are behind me.