Sign in to follow this  
calriv

There seems to be some pretty bitter Villa fans...

I tweeted about how we were the 4th biggest spenders in Europe at the moment, and this seemed to have provoked two rather bitter Villa fans into replying. See here: http://gyazo.com/0df03ec4558f89c6764a9718345c938c

Anyone know why they''re so bitter? It''s not about Lambert, surely not? We''re over that, Hughton''s kept us up and done well. It''s Lambert or they''re jealous that we''re signing big name players (quite literally in RvWs case) because Lambert won''t do that.

I would guess they are annoyed that they ended up behind us two season in a row after stating out so loudly that they are bigger team than us and without Lambert we go down when they will go back competing euro places etc.

I red QPR forums other day, they had very similar attitude against us and Swansea.

Possibly because they''re rubbish, and could be losing their only half-decent player in the summer.Plus, they live in Birmingham.That''s probably it...[;)]

My grandfather used to be a major shareholder in Villa. Shareholders used to get free season tickets to the games. My mother used to use her fathers ticket after he died in 1910. Grandad came by his shares by putting up a prize for a cycling competition and the shares were security for repayment of a loan which was never repaid. Villa had a cycling track between the pitch and the fans operated by the "Rover Cycling Club" which later became the Rover Car Company later part of BMC.

Perhaps the answer to Villa''s problems is to take up cycling again. Build a new cycling track? Their strikers could practise bicycle kicks!

[quote user="Lavanche"]I would guess they are annoyed that they ended up behind us two season in a row after stating out so loudly that they are bigger team than us and without Lambert we go down when they will go back competing euro places etc.

I red QPR forums other day, they had very similar attitude against us and Swansea.[/quote]

To be fair that first part also well described the pant wetters on here who made Villa sound like Barcelona. Pretty sure we had about two pages full of posts about how great they were and how we are definitely going down....