Sign in to follow this  
pete

Mackay long term option

Craig Bellamy expects manager Malky Mackay to stay with Cardiff City for many years to come.

Craig remember foreign owners not known for their patience, hope he survives this season.

Mackay might be relatively new to management but he seems to have the magic touch. He did very well with Watford and now has the status of being a Championship promotion manager.

Not particularly reknown for his tactical nous, he must have something. The ''Malky'' factor that made him so very popular at Norwich despite the fact that he was way down the list of our best ever central defenders seems to work for him in management.

Should Cardiff go straight back down the worst traits of some impatient and unrealistic ''foreign'' owners might surface and he might not survive. I should''t imagine that it would be too long before he returned to the Premiership with another club.

I feel that he has a big future in management, although perhaps not with Cardiff. Depends upon how he uses the money he gets I suppose.  

Malkays attitude and determination make him a born winner. That is why he is a success.

As people say, he wasn''t our greatest defender technically, but for sheer attitude and determination, he''s up there and was gotten rid of far too soon.

I can imagine the players want to work hard for him as he''s such a good role model and worked hard himself.

I wonder if Bellamy will go into management?