Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Townsend

No, not Andy as a cheap pundit but seen a couple of rumours on line that Andros Townsend on loan with view of a pernament deal is on the cards. For me, this is the sort of player we should be going for, him and Redmond from Brum would be good young additions.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]No, not Andy as a cheap pundit but seen a couple of rumours on line that Andros Townsend on loan with view of a pernament deal is on the cards. For me, this is the sort of player we should be going for, him and Redmond from Brum would be good young additions.[/quote]

I wouldn''t bet on us being able to attract him.

Would be a good signing.

Him or Redmond would be great. Maybe both. But then you feel one of Bennett or Pilks would have to go, as Bennett probably accumulated about 90 mins of game time over the 4/5 months Pilks and Snod were both fit, through no fault of their own. And not sure either Townsend or Redmond are immediately better than what we''ve got. But they could be. But 5 wingers is a bit too much, when we''ve had 3 fit one has hardly played despite being good enough. Essentially rotation isn''t a big thing for Hughton.

Agreed, him or Redmond could be a good young understudy to Pilks and Snoddy, providing decent competition alongside Benno.

Bit worried about the potential of Townsend''s attitude though, looked a good player in a poor QPR side at times, but would it damage his team spirit to do well for himself, rather than for the team?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Would be a good signing.

Him or Redmond would be great. Maybe both. But then you feel one of Bennett or Pilks would have to go, as Bennett probably accumulated about 90 mins of game time over the 4/5 months Pilks and Snod were both fit, through no fault of their own. And not sure either Townsend or Redmond are immediately better than what we''ve got. But they could be. But 5 wingers is a bit too much, when we''ve had 3 fit one has hardly played despite being good enough. Essentially rotation isn''t a big thing for Hughton.[/quote]

Is that true? It wasn''t this season, but then it appears he had little faith in several members of the squad and felt constrained to go on using the same players. Next season might be different. I gather RVW and Hooper are similarish players but we seem - from reports - to be keen on having both.

Has reported gambling issues. Including betting on Premier league games which is against the rules if you play in the division. So a possible discipline problem as well.

We should stay well clear.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I think we should keep Benno, Pilks and Snoddy, build on what we already have so we can compete in every competition.[/quote]

one thing for sure is, C H will have something up his sleeve, and a couple of players lined up and will come as a gosh," who would have bet on that " he has brought in players none of us could have predicted, which bring me into saying IN HOOTS I TRUST. 

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Banned for 4 months apparently.
[/quote]

Back dated from May 23rd, so will miss the first month of the Premier League, which includes an international break so I guess it will probably be about 3/4 games.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Banned for 4 months apparently.[/quote]

Back dated from May 23rd, so will miss the first month of the Premier League, which includes an international break so I guess it will probably be about 3/4 games.

[/quote]3 months of the 4-month ban Townsend receives are suspended, so all he

actually misses is the U21 Euro championships. £18k fine tooSays Dan Roan from the BBC.That''s crazy

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Banned for 4 months apparently.
[/quote]

[/quote]

3 months of the 4-month ban Townsend receives are suspended, so all he actually misses is the U21 Euro championships. £18k fine too

Says Dan Roan from the BBC.

That''s crazy
[/quote]

Missed the suspended bit - missing the U21s is decent enough punishment. Was it ever announced what he was actually betting on?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Banned for 4 months apparently.[/quote]

[/quote]3 months of the 4-month ban Townsend receives are suspended, so all he

actually misses is the U21 Euro championships. £18k fine tooSays Dan Roan from the BBC.That''s crazy[/quote]He probably bet he would get fined and won all that money back...

"ReadingCanary" Banned for 4 months apparently.

The BBC says:

The 21-year-old was also suspended for four months backdated to 23 May although three of those months have been suspended until 1 July 2016.

Townsend had already voluntarily withdrawn from the England squad for the European Under-21 Championship....

The length of the up-front ban, coupled with the fact that he withdrew from the England Under-21 squad, mean he will not miss a game.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]"ReadingCanary" Banned for 4 months apparently.

The BBC says:

The 21-year-old was also suspended for four months backdated to 23 May although three of those months have been suspended until 1 July 2016.

Townsend had already voluntarily withdrawn from the England squad for the European Under-21 Championship....

The length of the up-front ban, coupled with the fact that he withdrew from the England Under-21 squad, mean he will not miss a game.[/quote]Yeah that''s what I mean.It seems he got punished for betting on / during the Premier League season.... yet won''t be punished in the Prem.

I don''t understand the other 3 months getting suspended until 2016 - how does that work?!

Will he serve a 3 month ban in 2016 for an offence committed in 2013?

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t understand the other 3 months getting suspended until 2016 - how does that work?!

Will he serve a 3 month ban in 2016 for an offence committed in 2013?[/quote]No, if he doesn''t re-offend in that period then those 3 months are totally written off, whereas if he does, he has to serve the 3 months AND whatever else is added on for the new offence.That''s my understanding anyway.

as with Chopra much of this ''betting'' is making money out of fixed/rigged eventssport has been rife with it and still is - however there has to be a question of how much someone is merely profiting from stuff that has been pased on to them or they are actually involved in somewayeither way it would have our club giving them a very very wide berth

Think Bennett needs a season out on loan in the championship. Starting on the bench every game he''s never getting a consistent run in the first team and can''t see him improving at the rate he needs too. He would excel in the championship and come back a better player