Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bored already! Come on signing number 3!

Not even a month since the last game and i''m bored of the off season, both watching and playing.

Cricket and actually talking to my girlfriend don''t qualify as suitable alternatives! :-P

im going a littlle bonkers already, ive probably watched at least a game every 2 days while the season was running, theres football on but im not really interested in qatar vs iran, feeling a bit lost at the minute

I''ve gone mad too, to the point of thinking Joey Barton would be a good signing (although when you look at fans of his former clubs like Newcastle and QPR if i count them, they''d love him back)!

I think it''s more that i just want a signing.

I''m relieved the season is over and we are safe for another year and basking in the glory of it all

Enjoy the break lads!

With another month to go before the window opens, it is rather quiet on the transfer front

Hearing Portuguese forward Amido Baldé set for Celtic on 4 year deal. Should pave way for Gary Hooper to be sold. #ncfc

James Nursey on Twitter

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]

Hearing Portuguese forward Amido Baldé set for Celtic on 4 year deal. Should pave way for Gary Hooper to be sold. #ncfc

James Nursey on Twitter

[/quote]

Given Celtic''s good track record in signing young players Norwich should forget about Hooper and just go sign Balde.

If you are missing football you really shouldn''t be, plenty of great games still going on (Japan v Australia has just finished and was a entertaining match) and the Confeds Cup starts on the 15th. It''s probably my favourite tournament as the pressure is off the big teams so they try new players and tactics - I''m interested to see Uruguay play as if they continue to develop well they must be considered a dark horse for the World Cup.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Essex vs Surrey was quality last night! Check it out...4 wickets in 4 balls![/quote]But I hate Golf ..

Watch the U21 Championships and confederations cup during the summer! look for those famous "we must buy" signings that crop up during U21 championships. Notable past players include Ryan Babel and Maceo Rigters who were signed purely on 4 games against sides like Iceland U21...With all seriousness though, you would hope there would be some good football and that young prospects should be highlighting their abilities, promise and skill in these tournaments.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]My windows open as its a glorious day in Stevenage[/quote]

Stevenage and glorious in the same sentence, it really is silly season....

;-)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]

James Nursey on Twitter

[/quote]

Given Celtic''s good track record in signing young players Norwich should forget about Hooper and just go sign Balde.

If you are missing football you really shouldn''t be, plenty of great games still going on (Japan v Australia has just finished and was a entertaining match) and the Confeds Cup starts on the 15th. It''s probably my favourite tournament as the pressure is off the big teams so they try new players and tactics - I''m interested to see Uruguay play as if they continue to develop well they must be considered a dark horse for the World Cup.

[/quote]Was gutted at the end of the Japan v Australia game. Thought we (Strailya) were getting an undeserved 3 points until that last Pen. Was a very open end-to-end game. Not much quality on show though.... Can''t see either getting through to the last 16 in Brazil (providing Australia make it that is. 2 home games left in the next 2 weeks. Oman winning this afternoon hasn''t helped. Squeaky bum time!).

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]

James Nursey on Twitter

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was gutted at the end of the Japan v Australia game. Thought we (Strailya) were getting an undeserved 3 points until that last Pen. Was a very open end-to-end game. Not much quality on show though.... Can''t see either getting through to the last 16 in Brazil (providing Australia make it that is. 2 home games left in the next 2 weeks. Oman winning this afternoon hasn''t helped. Squeaky bum time!).

[/quote]

Depends on the groups really, but if Japan can magic up a decent striker from somewhere they can do well. Kagawa and Honda were on a totally different level today to pretty much everyone else on the pitch - shame they only had Maeda to pass to (from a Japan point of view).

There were obvious nerves from the Japan team today, just needing a point to guarantee qualification, also with the Confeds Cup in a couple of weeks and an away trip to Iraq on the 11th players were distracted from the real task at hand. I imagine a youngish team will play Iraq (which might put Australia in more problems).

The Aussie player Oar reminded me a bit of Lee Croft - huge amount of running but absolutely no end product.

Struck me how much has changed since the 2011 Asian Championship - in the final then Australia bombarded Japan and pinned them back, today the Aussies were stuck in their own half for large parts of the game. I looked at the team sheets from 2 years ago and the teams were largely similar, just Japan''s players are entering their prime whilst Australia was closing in on retirement.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]

James Nursey on Twitter

[/quote]

[/quote]Was gutted at the end of the Japan v Australia game. Thought we (Strailya) were getting an undeserved 3 points until that last Pen. Was a very open end-to-end game. Not much quality on show though.... Can''t see either getting through to the last 16 in Brazil (providing Australia make it that is. 2 home games left in the next 2 weeks. Oman winning this afternoon hasn''t helped. Squeaky bum time!).

[/quote]

Depends on the groups really, but if Japan can magic up a decent striker from somewhere they can do well. Kagawa and Honda were on a totally different level today to pretty much everyone else on the pitch - shame they only had Maeda to pass to (from a Japan point of view).

There were obvious nerves from the Japan team today, just needing a point to guarantee qualification, also with the Confeds Cup in a couple of weeks and an away trip to Iraq on the 11th players were distracted from the real task at hand. I imagine a youngish team will play Iraq (which might put Australia in more problems).

The Aussie player Oar reminded me a bit of Lee Croft - huge amount of running but absolutely no end product.

Struck me how much has changed since the 2011 Asian Championship - in the final then Australia bombarded Japan and pinned them back, today the Aussies were stuck in their own half for large parts of the game. I looked at the team sheets from 2 years ago and the teams were largely similar, just Japan''s players are entering their prime whilst Australia was closing in on retirement.

[/quote]You''ve summed up Tommy Oar pretty well for now. However, he is only 20 so he still has time to develop a little bit. He certainly has pace to burn, but over-hit every ball he played, which luckily included our goal.You''re right with our squad at the moment though. If we do manage to qualify for this world cup, I struggle to see how we''re going to qualify for anything going forward. Our squad without the ageing Neill, Shwazer, Brechiano & Cahill looks mediocre at best.