Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Good article from Snodgrass

I still believe he was one of our stand-out players last season. A bit more consistency and like you say, he''ll be highly sought after! Shame he doesn''t have just a bit more pace as he is actually quite good at getting past people, but then can''t break away.

[quote user="Vazzza"]

I still believe he was one of our stand-out players last season. A bit more consistency and like you say, he''ll be highly sought after! Shame he doesn''t have just a bit more pace as he is actually quite good at getting past people, but then can''t break away.

[/quote]
Snodgrass''s lack of pace isn''t too much of an issue, the thing he has really struggled with this season is his decision making. I know it sounds harsh, considering the quality of his performances, but if he could just make a decision quicker (release that pass, cross earlier etc.) I think he would''ve created and scored more goals. I''m optimistic that this is just him adapting to the speed of the premier league, when any hesitation can lead to you being dispossessed. I think Snodgrass may have an even better season 2013-14 because he would''ve quickened up his decision making after a full season.

He must just watch his attitude towards the officials, i think he went over the top on a few occasions last campaign. Yes, it is passion, but he would be better channeling back into his performances.

agree, his moaning did tend to get out of hand, and a couple of times, at least, i thought he was lucky not to get booked for it.

What separates good players from very good players is their ability to adapt and learn.   Some lower league players can''t do this and never get to the next level.     Has Snodgrass got that ability to learn and develop?      I think that remains to be seen.   As has been said, he wastes a lot of energy moaning and griping - not the sign of someone who is in the zone - and his decision making is not the best.    If he can improve these two areas he would be dynamite.   

I hope the off season and time away from after his first premiership season will enable him to take stock and realise how he could do things better next season.   My complaint against Hoolahan has always been his inability to learn and adapt - but under Hughton he has developed and improved more imo than he did under Lambert.   So hopefully the same will happen with Snodgrass now he has been in a successful team at the top level.   The end of the season should have given the whole team confidence going into the break.   

Learning and adapting is what all the players need to do.   RVW will have the same issues, coming into the premiership for the first time, but if players like Snodgrass can sort themselves out and deliver the ball in at the right time, he will do ok.    Snodgrass and Hoolahan are key players and unless we get some more midfield/wingers coming in will be a big part of next season.  We need both of them at their best.  

To kick on move to a top side he would need more pace. If he had genuine pace he would be worth a fortune.

Part of the reason his poor decision making is so obvious is down to his lack of pace. If he had pace the decision 99% of the timw would be easy for him.

I think playing for a mid table prem team is his level.

Had a great first season and look forward to seeing him linking up with RVW nect season :)