Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Holty hands in transfer request

According to Sky Sports Twitter feed.  If this is true, I say let the guy go and enjoy the rest of his career - anywhere between £2m-£3m would be fair.  The guy is and will always remain a legend here so good luck to him however it turns out!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Do you have a link? I see nothing on Sky Sports or Sky Sports Football on Twitter.

Do you have a link to the tweet? It might be a fake account.
[/quote]

Sorry, totally technically inadequate but the Twitter account is @SkySports

Apologies to everyone if I have been taken in!!!

Boll***s - just noticed that someone has RTd an old Tweet from last year - so  no truth in it (yet). [:$]

There''s nothing on there, but I did find this...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/8757340/Transfer-news-Celtic-want-Gary-Hooper-and-Fraser-Forster-to-stay-with-club

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]No dramas. A lot of idiots on Twitter this time of year. Easy mistake to make.
[/quote]

Twitter is no betteror any more reliable  than dodgy rumours

Why bother wasting everyone''s time with rubbish from twitter? Are you really so desperate to be the first one to break the news on this board that you have to excitedly rush here and post without checking your facts?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]According to Sky Sports Twitter feed.  If this is true, I say let the guy go and enjoy the rest of his career - anywhere between £2m-£3m would be fair.  The guy is and will always remain a legend here so good luck to him however it turns out![/quote]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Boll***s - just noticed that someone has RTd an old Tweet from last year - so  no truth in it (yet). [:$][/quote]

Another Lord in trouble for saying the wrong thing this week......

You just can''t trust ''em.....

Bring back Guy Fawkes I say! [;)]

I have a twitter account, but only because some companies etc to promotional stuff via it.

Twitter as a whole just doesn''t work for me.

It''s great if you want to record your entire life by the minute online. But my life is too busy for that.

Best thing is to just check out the sky sports transfer centre and the paper rumour roundup bit.

Best as they are all in one place and also the transfer centre tends to be reasonably silly rumour free. The paper rumours you take with a pinch of salt, especially from the red tops.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]No dramas. A lot of idiots on Twitter this time of year. Easy mistake to make.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends on whos ''tweets'' you are reading - pretty much every transfer story is broken on Twitter first these days, it''s just about following people who know what they are talking about rather than a bunch of attention seeking kids.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends on whos ''tweets'' you are reading - pretty much every transfer story is broken on Twitter first these days, it''s just about following people who know what they are talking about rather than a bunch of attention seeking kids.

[/quote]

Fancy naming a few of the good''uns?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fancy naming a few of the good''uns?

[/quote]

Sure,

@JimvamwijkPA is good - Norwich supporting sports writer for the Press Association - covers mainly London clubs but also does some Norwich bits.

@PA_Dugout is the PA''s official football account - reports stuff as soon as its official, quicker than Sky Sports (they take a lot of their content from the PA).

@JackPittBrooke sports writer for the Independant, good writer and has generally interesting tweets

@KuperSimon - my favourite all time sports writer - works for FT and does good money and football stuff.

@JamesHorncastle - good for Italian football news

@Honigstein - very good for German football stuff,

To be fair I think it is a huge generalisation that stuff is announced via twitter first.

If the club has kept it quiet then the first that is really known is via their official links. In some cases they inform reporters and journo''s a little ahead just to get the mill going.

I wouldn''t say twitter is any more ahead than any other form of media.

Obviously newspapers tend to only have a early and late edition so things change in between. But there are plenty of online sources now, many of which have linked twitter accounts.

[quote user="chicken"]To be fair I think it is a huge generalisation that stuff is announced via twitter first. If the club has kept it quiet then the first that is really known is via their official links. In some cases they inform reporters and journo''s a little ahead just to get the mill going. I wouldn''t say twitter is any more ahead than any other form of media. Obviously newspapers tend to only have a early and late edition so things change in between. But there are plenty of online sources now, many of which have linked twitter accounts.[/quote]

It obviously is faster just due to the medium - a 140 character Tweet takes seconds to write and publish, whilst an online article will have to be produced, sub-edited and then published. The birth of the rolling blog a la Sportsday on the BBC website is an attempt to keep up with Twitter, but generally is just reaction and further details to stories that have first seen the light of day on Twitter. All news sites will release stories on Twitter before they do on their websites - I can''t think of one major story I haven''t seen on Twitter before seeing on Sky Sports News or a website.

I''m not talking a huge period of time it''s generally only a few hours rather than a few days - although in many cases that can be true. RvW to Norwich was announced on Twitter a few days before Norwich broke the news. The release made to the Portuguese Stock Exchange that Sporting had to make regarding his sale was on Twitter within minutes - the whole reason Norwich made the news official at 11pm on a Friday evening was due to it being announced by people, and then media all over Twitter first - do you really think Norwich wanted to break that news at that time?

Yeah you miss the point. You said the news more often hits the news first on twitter.

I stated that this is not always the case as twitter is sometimes the reflection of other online or real life sources.

Of course it is quicker to post a one liner - but then sky and a lot of other websites do that. They have a stock paragraph ready for just those occasions and it goes:

xPlayerX has signed for xClubx on a xYearsx contract for a fee believed to be in the region on xMoneyx.

With a stock photo of said player from some point last season.

If you consider that most of the journos are the ones that put all of the rumours into the papers then they likely just tweet what is going into the paper that day to help drive sales.

Of course many of those rumours may bare fruit, but that is just the same as any source.

But to say all of the news or even the majority of it breaks on twitter first - as I stated, is not founded in any sort of facts.

Garrido signing on loan is a good example of that.

@tacredipalmeri is absolutely fantastic

all the guys at the times are usually spot on

to be fair though, if you have Twitter and support norwich, you''re probably aware of all the right people to follow, even if Bethnal loves to namedrop every other tweet.