Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Greeno's debut!!!!

Eriksson has said Greeno is coming on 2nd half. Greeno, Greeno Greeno!!! Well done son.

He didnt have a bad game.  He looked strange in a different kit tho

I am really pleased for him now that he has made his debut

He didn''t do too bad. Couple of dodgy kicks but his handling looked good. I''m not sure he made a strong enough case though to move above Calamity in the pecking order!!??

A typical Greeno performance - a couple of great saves, some dodgy kicking, plus a goal he could do nothing about! He should have started the match, but at least he''s got his first England Cap - well done Greeno and Norwich.

Who else thought he played well.

He settled down after that bad kick at the start. Apart from another one at the end of the half he looked comfortable with whatever was thrown at him.

No chance for the goal, no chance for the shot off the bar but great reactions to get back to it. Great save from the header.

With a defence that just seemed to fall apart in front of him I think he can walk away from that with pride.

OK he got his chance ,  was a split second late in two of his  , somewhat fumbled , saves  [ a la the whole season ! ]   and most of his saves were  to shots that were heading towards him  anyway ! ... and he let one in !!   , hard to say whether he could have saved it , but , I`m afraid , I can`t see Greeno`s  prospective career as an England goalie  has been enhanced one iota !    bottom line =  78  let ins  during the last season  =  NOT England class !!!!  no excuses

Yeah he wasn''t bad, but I definatly think given the 90 minutes he''d have been so much better. It was clear he was a bit nervy - can''t say I blame him! - and I think next game he''ll settle a bit more. 

Sheded - sorry mate don''t agree.

He isn''t in the same bracket as Robinson but last night he palyed well I think he has given himself a name in the England set up.

As for the season, ook at the Fulham game, we lost 6 - 0 buit I can remember 3 ''International Class'' saves in that game.

I thin we all know last season was about the defence. If he does leave FCR and play behind a tight back four he will be the same player but will look better as he lets less in.

Go Greeno - I am behind you.

[quote]Sheded - sorry mate don''t agree. He isn''t in the same bracket as Robinson but last night he palyed well I think he has given himself a name in the England set up. As for the season, ook at the Fulha...[/quote]

Spot on, Flash!

There will always be a percentage of people who will "stat-watch" and take it as read that letting in 78 goals makes you a crap keeper, without looking at the fact that the defence was shocking! No keeper is going to be able to save every shot that comes at home, no matter what class they are in!

Greeno had a good, solid game last night, started to look more assured as the game wore on, and had a lot thrown at him thanks to the shocking defending in front of him... yes, it does sound familiar doesn''t it!

One great save from the header, which was wonderful after Calamity had let in Columbia''s first goal in such comical style... I think Greeno showed him up last night!

Well done lad, keep up the good work... but stay with Norwich!!!!! PLEASE!!!

For a debut in goal I think he actually did very well. Its always harder in goal as there is nowhere to hide, the first kick wasn''t great but the defence in front of him parted with regularity and it was a bit of a trial by fire. He must have thought that at England level he wouldn''t have seen NCFC standard defending!! One good save and some which went straight at him- but then for those he still had to get in the right position didn''t he?

If he''s given a game with the regular defence of Cole, Campbell, Ferdinand and G Neville in front of him he will look very solid and confident.

[quote]Maybe if he does c*** nobody will wanna buy him! Or is that just me being evil!?[/quote]

And I thought it was only me who thought like that!, Shrub my friend.  

Mind you, was it wishful thinking, that me think he looked very edgey and nervous all the time.

[quote]He didn''t do too bad. Couple of dodgy kicks but his handling looked good. I''m not sure he made a strong enough case though to move above Calamity in the pecking order!!??[/quote]

Dodgy kicks??? You people must have become complacent in this post-Andy Marshall world of plenty...

A dodgy kick is one where at least one of the following rules is not satisfied...

1. The kicker''s foot successfully connects with the ball.
2. The ball goes beyond the edge of the penalty area.
3. The ball stays on the pitch.

Greeno kept the ball at his feet for too long on a couple of occasions, but I thought that his kicking game was pretty good - picked out one or two great passes, although the team didn''t really capitalise on them - eg. by keeping the ball...

Jesus sheded what is it with you and Greeno?!

Did the man steal your girlfriend or something? Did he spill your pint at Time?!

Seems like every day you''ve got something negative to say about him!

Give him some slack, OK he was nervous yesterday but you can only expect that thrown in at the deep end behind that ropey defence. He was certainly better than england''s no. 2!

As for him leaving us I don''t really mind so long as we get a good price and he gets 1st team footy it will benifit us both.

Oh and P.S. How many goals did Robinson conceed while he was at Leeds last season, before becoming england''s no 1? (ok not as many as greeno but you know what I''m getting at!)

Of course Greeno was a little nervy, this ios exactly why Sven must blood the cover keepers.

I predicted a few years ago that Greeno would be the England No1 by 2006 World cup. I still stand by that statement.

His biggest asset is being able to pull of Match winning saves when he''s not been involved for large parts of the game. This is vital for good international keepers.

Looking forward to seeing him bring his world cup winning medal back to Carrow Road????

Greeno should be proud of himself, ok he was nervous to start with, but hey,  he''s been waiting a while to get his England debut.

I''m PROUD of him, and I really hope and pray he''s still our No1 next season.  If, alas he is not, I wish him well and Thanks Greeno, you''ve been a STAR!!

I don''t understand why the Daily Mail was so harsh on Greeno today. Ok he did make a couple of dodgy kicks and he looked a little nervous but the one handed stop he made from that header was top drawer, his reactions to stop the own goal were great and he caught some pretty fierce shots. As I said before, I''m not sure on that one performance he has made a strong enough claim to move up to 2nd choice but I don''t think he did his chances of further England success any harm!!!

[quote]Jesus sheded what is it with you and Greeno?! Did the man steal your girlfriend or something? Did he spill your pint at Time?! Seems like every day you''ve got something negative to say about him! ...[/quote]

LOL !      this accusation just makes me recall   , all through the season , the many times  Greeno  has been late on the shots !   whereas most of you posters  seem only to remember  his saves !!       yes, he`s pulled off some good saves , but just about ANY goalie does this during a season !    what DOES stand out in my mind  are the repeated flashbacks of Greeno`s flailing hands  letting through  yet another shot  that should have been held ...  its one thing  to be loyal to the team you support, its quite another  to have blind loyalty !!   the hapless Fleming  has been roasted week after week , often unfairly  , yet  , despite letting 78 goals in , Greeno  remains  stuck in most posters minds , as  beyond criticism !!!   Greeno`s claim that  let ins that he admits were down  to his errors  , could be counted on the fingers of one hand , is little short of hilarious ! 

Either his reflexes are suspect , or he has another agenda !    IMO  we would do well to be rid of him  , but clubs aren`t exactly  falling over themselves for his signature , could it be that they , too ,  see the real Greeno ?