Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Jimmy Kebe

Looks like the journos have taken RVW''s words about "two wingers and an attacking midfielder" to heart and are linking us to anyone that might fit the bill (Capel, Shelvey, Kebe, etc).

I don''t mind us being linked to generic EPL players, it''ll just make it even sweeter when McNally pulls of another master swoop for another bargain quality player.

I''m pretty sure RVW''s signing will set the tone for this transfer window. It may be slow and quiet at times, but we''ll pull some big transfers out of the bag. Jimmy Kebe won''t be one of them

He''s no better than what we already have, i''d rather see one of the Murphy brothers start than him. As for Shelvy, he''s young, played in Europe, trained in the England set up, started 9 premier league games last season which is great considering he plays in the same team as Gerrard and Suarez. Also he is English which instantly puts up his price tag as English talent is by far the most expensive and over-priced (Zaha). But English talent is a well sought after thing as clubs will need them to fulfill future rules and regulations about English players in the PL. Overall i think no more than 6 million would be good business.

Great pace and I wanted him to sign for us two years ago after seeing him impressively demolish opponents in the Champs. Does get injured a lot but still scored 5 goals in 17 appearances. For 2.5 million a good squad player IMO. Buy !!!!!!

We have snoddy down the right and bennett as back up. Competion for pilks would be better. Would take shelvey if under £4m

Paul...I agree....I watched a lot of live Premier League last season, and whenever Kebe played I was usually very impressed, he looked class.....so, I would have no issue at all if he was added to our squad.....just saying....

Kebe is a good player and this makes sense to me for a number of reasons. The main one is he has genuine pace to play on the counter attack which is something our squad lacks at presence. We have two good first choice wingers in Pilks and Snoddy but neither are perhaps quick enough to provide the outlet away from home when we have to sit deep at times.

Also by all accounts Kebe struggles with playing every game but Reading had to play him whenever they could as he was their best player whereas we could afford to rotate him with the others so as to keep him fresh. For the reasons expressed above I could see him coming in for Pilks in certain away games where we need more pace and as Pilks can tend to go missing at times away from home.

So as a pacey option that adds depth to the squad i think he would be a very good addition.

I must say I do not really like Jimmy Kebe, from what I have seen of him I have never been overly impressed, am I right in thinking that he has had a couple of injuries over the last two seasons too? However I think it is fair to say that he flourished at Reading more when they played the attacking style which characterised their championship efforts rather than the long ball game we have seen this season.

[quote user="Graham"]I must say I do not really like Jimmy Kebe, from what I have seen of him I have never been overly impressed, am I right in thinking that he has had a couple of injuries over the last two seasons too? However I think it is fair to say that he flourished at Reading more when they played the attacking style which characterised their championship efforts rather than the long ball game we have seen this season.[/quote]Hey there Mr Positive, would you like your glass re-filled?

[quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="Graham"]I must say I do not really like Jimmy Kebe, from what I have seen of him I have never been overly impressed, am I right in thinking that he has had a couple of injuries over the last two seasons too? However I think it is fair to say that he flourished at Reading more when they played the attacking style which characterised their championship efforts rather than the long ball game we have seen this season.[/quote]Hey there Mr Positive, would you like your glass re-filled?[/quote]

I am simply being realistic ''Joey'', Kebe is a bit older than the targets I would like to see. What may be your suggestions?

[quote user="Graham"][quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="Graham"]I must say I do not really like Jimmy Kebe, from what I have seen of him I have never been overly impressed, am I right in thinking that he has had a couple of injuries over the last two seasons too? However I think it is fair to say that he flourished at Reading more when they played the attacking style which characterised their championship efforts rather than the long ball game we have seen this season.[/quote]Hey there Mr Positive, would you like your glass re-filled?[/quote]

I am simply being realistic ''Joey'', Kebe is a bit older than the targets I would like to see. What may be your suggestions?[/quote]Nathan Redmond or failing that, any of the brilliant players I have signed on football manager, tried and tested method im sure you will agree

[quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="Graham"][quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="Graham"]I must say I do not really like Jimmy Kebe, from what I have seen of him I have never been overly impressed, am I right in thinking that he has had a couple of injuries over the last two seasons too? However I think it is fair to say that he flourished at Reading more when they played the attacking style which characterised their championship efforts rather than the long ball game we have seen this season.[/quote]Hey there Mr Positive, would you like your glass re-filled?[/quote]

I am simply being realistic ''Joey'', Kebe is a bit older than the targets I would like to see. What may be your suggestions?[/quote]Nathan Redmond or failing that, any of the brilliant players I have signed on football manager, tried and tested method im sure you will agree[/quote]

I would certainly agree with Nathan Redmond, he looks like an exciting prospect.

The quoting function clearly doesn''t work for you Graham, are you hoping by keep using it, it will correct itself?

[quote user="lappinitup"]The quoting function clearly doesn''t work for you Graham, are you hoping by keep using it, it will correct itself?[/quote]

Yes. I imagine it takes a number of uses by new members before it will begin to work, however thank you for bringing it to my attention ''lapping''.

Just trying to help a "newbie" Graham. Why not simply copy and paste the bit you want to reply to, much clearer. I know you don''t want to confuse us.