Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Which young English talent would we like to see come to Norwich?

Norwich has been linked with at least three players who are young and English, speculation including, Hooper, Redmond and Shelvy.

It got me thinking, who would I like to see come to Norwich? My first choice would be Redmond. He''s played regularly for Birmingham, even in the Europa League under Hughton, playing for England u21s and showing bags of potential.

Another possible player who seems to of been forgotten about is Ross Barkley of Everton FC, who now has a new manager and personally i''d prefer him over Shelvy.

I think clubs like Norwich can take advantage of the top teams hiring new managers and snap up players with potential of whom managers want to build their own team and future for their club. There''s good signings out there to be had!

p.s. #praywedontsignKebe

I agree that redmond would probably turn out to be a good acquisition. I really don''t want to see us spend out on shelvey though. i''ve seen him play a few times and i just dont think he would improve on our midfield options. he needs to be in that ''attacking free role'' and wes and howson are far better than him. i''d rather see butterfield given a chance than sign shelvey.

heard we were linked with a £5m move for sinclair. that would be a good move in my opinion, providing he''s willing to take a pay cut for, you know, actually playing football and not sitting on the bench at man city!

Townsend would be my choice. Great young talent and the betting thing was by all accounts a naive mistake by an otherwise good pro.

Shelvey would be good too and can play in a couple of positions that we''re not overly stocked with.

Redmond certainly has potential but think he was in and out of the Birmingham team which maybe isn''t a wonderful sign. Haven''t seen a huge amount of him to be fair.

If we could calm him down enough to stay on the field, I''d love to see someone with the passion of Lee Cattermole. Can''t see it happening though.

Luke Shaw, without a doubt. Sadly it just won''t be happening!

I would love to see us sign Tom Ince I feel he would bring real quality and competition to our wingers. Redmond would be another player who could really give something different to what we have at the minute. Sinclair would be nice but I feel that would never happen which is a shame as he is not getting a game at Man City and FCR would be a perfect place for him to play his football. Sam Byram of Leeds would be another brilliant addition as he has been turning out some impressive displays at right back for an 18 year old. Another quality right back is John Bradford of derby who played exceptionally well at FCR in that memorable 3-2 win (not that we need another right back).

I don''t really understand the Andros Townsend hype. He scored a screamer and had a good game and seems to be living off that.

I wouldn''t mind getting that Nick Powell on loan from Utd. He looks a class young player

Sam Byram or Will Hughes would be great - but the cost of either will be disproportionate to their talent and other available players.

I

Shelvey wouldn''t give our midfield anything that bradley Johnson doesn''t already give us (his shooting is even worse than Bradley''s!). Nathan Redmond is the one for me - he can go past players, can shoot, and also isn''t too greedy and knows when to pass. Townsend (as someone has already said) was hyped up after one excellent game, but he''s got some other baggage as well.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Sam Byram or Will Hughes would be great - but the cost of either will be disproportionate to their talent and other available players.[/quote]Debateable ZLF.Neither of their clubs can expect silly money to be paid and when much larger clubs are interested, there''s likely to be a lot of incentive for the players to ''force'' a move to us.I''d have thought that we could get both Byram and Hughes for around 2mil each, and even at this price they offer great potential as well as being able to do a job now.I''d also like to see Lansbury back tbh, I think he''s been written off by some fans for no good reason and has certainly has an eye for a pass as well as a great work ethic.