Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Any "Free's" that tickle you fancy?

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/Premier-League-released-player-list-2012-13.pdf

Scholes & Carragher? surely they shouldn''t be onhere as retiring.

Watt Herschel Oulio Sanchez (potential?)

Petric Mladen (looked world class against as first game of last season...but granted, we were v.poor.

Simpson Daniel Peter (decent back up)

Upson Matthew James (for comical purposes only)

I couldn''t see anything else, and can only really see Simpson of Newcastle helping us here.

The main players that I''d be somewhat interested in are:Malouda and Benayoun from ChelseaDanny Simpson from NewcastleAlex Pearce from ReadingDavid Bentley from SpursWe don''t really need another RB, but with Martin''s recent comments about preferring to play CB, then Simpson would be a good option to compete with Whittaker in the RB slot, or even if Whittaker is used to cover Garrido, this gives Russ competition for his place.Pearce is a better defender than many give him credit for, but he''s not better than either Turner or Bassong, Bennett has the better potential, but as a 4th choice option to replace Barnett then I''d be interested. Chances are he''ll link up with his dad again however.Malouda and Benayoun both fall into the ''talented but aging'' category, as well as being on high wages at Chelsea. If either was willing to accept wages in-line with our current top earners e.g. Holt, then I''d take them on an initial 1 year deal.Bentley has had a torrid time over the last couple of seasons and this could represent his final chance to prove himself consistently at the top level. His ego will have taken a battering in the process and we could see a much more mature player emerge from the aftermath. Again, as long as wages are sensible he''d be excellent competition on the flank for Snoddy and can also offer options in a hole/forward role.Just my 2 penneth anyway.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe Di Santo, that''s about it.[/quote]What?????His scoring record is apalling and he has none of the attributes we''d want in a striker.Arguably one of the worst players on the list, and should NEVER be near this team...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe Di Santo, that''s about it.[/quote]What?????His scoring record is apalling and he has none of the attributes we''d want in a striker.Arguably one of the worst players on the list, and should NEVER be near this team...[/quote]About as ridiculous as you saying Malouda etc!

Why would he come here? He isnt a bad player- too good for us if you ask me.

theres one hell of a championship squad amongst that lot, some bargains to be had if youre a leicester/brighton/bolton/watford/forest/leeds

roque santa cruz or carlton cole on pay as you play deals (dont think they would go for that either though) would probably be the only ones id consider

shame city let korey smith go, wont be surprised to see him attracting some attention over the next few seasons wherever he ends up