Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Here's a new name for us: Jonjo Shelvey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337134/Norwich-City-enquiry-Liverpools-Jonjo-Shelvey.html

Hmm... still can''t get that Charlton game out of my head in the League 1 season. He was a grade 1 that day, though the fightback from 2-0 down against the early league leaders, couple with a scrappy last minute goal, kind of kick started our season.

Anyway, I digress...

I sincerely hope not - he''s dire.

Still, the Tierney lovers should like him because he''s bald......therefore obviously hard as nails, committed and an amazing player!

Which brings me onto.....NCFC bald XI:

Bryan Gunn

Danny Mills

Craig Fleming

Dion Dublin

Marc Tierney

Matthias Jonson

Bill Punton

Dean Ashton

Antonine Sibierski

Though I seem to be struggling with bald midfielders!! Surely we must have had some slapheads in CM?

Matthew Patterson, he was an Australian central midfielder who played for us a few years ago, seemed very good by all accounts however unfortunately the club were forced to release him following relegation.

I remember him playing brilliantly in one game this season... can''t remember which mind.

5m would be top end of what he''s worth, maybe a bit less but with a sell on?

Andrew Croft, whilst not bald, did have a skinhead for a while didn''t he?

As for Shelvey? Hmm, not really sure. I''d rather have Raheem Sterling!

[quote user="AJ"]Andrew Croft, whilst not bald, did have a skinhead for a while didn''t he?

As for Shelvey? Hmm, not really sure. I''d rather have Raheem Sterling![/quote]

I''d rather have Suarez tbh.

If we could get him on loan that''d be great, not so sure about splashing 8m on him though

I think Shelvey could be a great addition to our squad. He''s committed, tough and gets himself into some good goal scoring positions around the box. Not sure if the 7m is a bit over the top. Typical Liverpool though, overpricing their players.

But as I said, I think he would be a great additional to the midfield and would certainly compliment Bradley and Tettey. 

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

I think Shelvey could be a great addition to our squad. He''s committed, tough and gets himself into some good goal scoring positions around the box. Not sure if the 7m is a bit over the top. Typical Liverpool though, overpricing their players.

But as I said, I think he would be a great additional to the midfield and would certainly compliment Bradley and Tettey. 

[/quote]

Agreed. a good player with potential, on his day can be excellent, just needs some consistency

[quote user="flecky76"]Which brings me onto.....NCFC bald XI:

Bryan Gunn

Danny Mills

Craig Fleming

Dion Dublin

Marc Tierney

Matthias Jonson

Bill Punton

Dean Ashton

Antonine Sibierski

Though I seem to be struggling with bald midfielders!! Surely we must have had some slapheads in CM?[/quote]Baldist

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Would hate to be bald if I was in my 20/30''s unless I was a ginger then it would be a blessed relief[/quote]Unfortunately it''s not really a decision more of hereditary problem. At least he''s done it gracefully unlike Rooney. Anyway, Shelvey is a decent young player but not for that sort of money, 3M maximum.

I feel of he was given regular place in starting 11 he would be a top player. In and out of Liverpool team too often. He is gd, but £5m tops for me.

I don''t rate the guy at all, and would hate to think that he was seen as the player we need in the centre of the park.Better available elsewhere and likely for a lower/similar price...

I thought Shelvey had some sort of illness which is why he lost his hair?

In regards to wanting him at Norwich? No thanks, not good enough for the premier league imo and hasn''t done anything to warrant that sort of price tag

At 21 he has potential and has goals in him, a club like Norwich where he could play regularly may be what he needs. The paid £1.7m for him in 2010 and given that he has rarely played for them how the price seems to have gone up to £7m beats me. This shows consistently that better value is to be had abroad. A price on a par with RVW is an absolute joke

[quote user="Graham"]Matthew Patterson, he was an Australian central midfielder who played for us a few years ago, seemed very good by all accounts however unfortunately the club were forced to release him following relegation.[/quote]Matty Patterson, the South African drunk who turned up to training in his pants - are you seriously suggesting he was good?  The club did the right thing by getting rid!Shelvey would be a good signing IMO, has potential to be a very good player in years to come and is still only 21.

I''d pay up to £4-5m. That seems steep, but he''s young, prices have gone up this year and he''s already proven he can cope at premiership level and would only get better. He''s just a bit slow on football manager and fifa, that''s all :P

He''s young and can improve, hopefully Mr Hughton can see what he needs to get better. I don''t think the same thing about Hooper tho'' !

Thought about him as a potential target a while back, many on here view him as a central midfielder alongside Johnson or Tettey possibly howson, I see him as a link between them and Wolfswinkel.

Good player could see a loan possibly done for the season, think Rodgers would want to keep him contracted at ''pool for the future though to see how he develops.

So the much anticipated over-pricing begins.

Youngish, admittedly, but he''s certainly not set the woods on fire at Liverpool and there is, IMO, a bigger than average element of risk because of this. He''s hardly set foot on the Premiership playing field after all.

Steer  clear Hoots, unless we can borrow him on reasonable terms.

BroadstairsR wrote - "He''s hardly set foot on the Premiership playing field after all."

He played the equivalent of 10 full matches last season in the EPL. Across all competitions last season he had a better goalscoring record than Grant Holt and a better Assist record than Wes.