Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Snodgrass scores for Scotland

Yeah, good game - Snodgrass helping me bring some money home tonight too i hope, 10-1 for the win before the game

Russell Martin with a goal-saving clearance as well.  Good to see him given a chance at centre back.

As a Scottish NCFC fan I''m delighted to see the 3 of them in the team.

Suspect this may be a very long second half though!

Is it just me or is Mandzukic a complete tw@t of a windup merchant?

[quote user="Zak Van Burger"]Is three the greatest number of Norwich players ever to appear in an International match for one team?[/quote]

Great question! I would have thought it must be.

Fantastic to see 3 City players starting a competitive international. Well done to all of them - especially Snoddy for getting the winner.

Just one more sign of how far our football club has come over the last few seasons.

[quote user="tele"][quote user="Zak Van Burger"]Is three the greatest number of Norwich players ever to appear in an International match for one team?[/quote]

Great question! I would have thought it must be.[/quote]

I was thinking maybe Phillips, Goss and Bowen in the early 90s?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''m sure Mackay,Holt and Gallacher played for Scotland during our Premiership season of 2004/5........I''m also fairly sure Roberts.Bellamy and Llewellyn played in a same side for Wales?[/quote]

Malky was released when we got promoted

[quote user="tele"][quote user="Zak Van Burger"]Is three the greatest number of Norwich players ever to appear in an International match for one team?[/quote]

Great question! I would have thought it must be.[/quote][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''m sure Mackay,Holt and Gallacher

played for Scotland during our Premiership season of 2004/5........I''m

also fairly sure Roberts.Bellamy and Llewellyn played in a same side for

Wales?[/quote]As Hackedoff points out Malky was released upon promotion.I wondered about  this trio, Chris Llewellyn played for Wales against Malta and Tunisia in 1998 with Bellars,  but it was then not until 2004 before CL was recalled to play for Wales by which time Bellars had long since left us and Iwans international career was over. As far as I can see the three never played for the same Welsh team.[quote user="Thorny"] I was thinking maybe Phillips, Goss and Bowen in the early 90s?[/quote]We have a winner!! Nice one Thorny.Austria v Wales, 29 April 1992Starting lineup:Goalkeeper Neville SouthallDefender Eric YoungCentral defender Mark AizlewoodDefender/Midfielder David PhillipsDefender/Midfielder Clayton BlackmoreDefender/Left back Mark BowenMidfielder Jeremy GossMidfielder Barry HorneMidfielder Glyn HodgesForward Malcolm AllenForward Iwan Roberts

Great result for Scotland and for all three City players involved, Snods for the goal but also Martin for his string of excellent clearances off the line to keep Croatia from scoring.

R. Martin showing again how strong he ihe s at CB, the guys positioning is immense. he number of balls the guy clears of the line as a CB is incredible, reads the game exceptionally well. I have said for a couple of seasons now, along with many others on here, that Martin should be a CB. We now know it''s his favoured position as well.
I would be inclined to bring in 2 FBs this summer and be happy with what we have at CB

[quote user="priceyrice"]R. Martin showing again how strong he ihe s at CB, the guys positioning is immense. he number of balls the guy clears of the line as a CB is incredible, reads the game exceptionally well. I have said for a couple of seasons now, along with many others on here, that Martin should be a CB. We now know it''s his favoured position as well.
I would be inclined to bring in 2 FBs this summer and be happy with what we have at CB
[/quote]

He is a class act and able to play nearly anywhere on the pitch, good in defence, a good crosser, has a good shot too.  Its no wonder Whittaker has had trouble getting back in our team.    With Whittaker being so versatile too, what a good stock of defenders and goalkeepers we have.   One more full back as cover would be enough for me, replacing Tierney, agree that we are well covered at centre back.  Mix any of Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Martin as the two cb''s and we look strong.