Sign in to follow this  
unique

Unrest at The Liberty

As we were promoted alongside Swansea, and as we have pretty much matched them in the last two PL seasons (other than the plaudits they receive for their style of football and the fact they won a trophy last season), it is of interest to see that all is not well in Wales.

Having successfully survived the loss of Rodgers, as Norwich did with Lambert, it would appear that Laudrup would be trying to engineer a quick exit from Swansea. It may all settle down when their Chairman returns from holiday. But safe to say that Laudrup''s exit would be likely followed by that of Williams and Michu, possibly the two main reasons behind Swansea''s continued success last season.

With Swansea having to compete in the Europa Cup, it would only add to an ever increasing list of teams that may well struggle to improve next season. Norwich City''s future continues to look brighter.

Laudrup has gotten into fights with the owners of pretty much every club he has managed so far - I have a feeling this will all blow over once Jenkins returns and Swansea start splashing the cash around a little bit. Will be an very interesting summer for many teams in the Prem, but with the extra money, the promise of European football and a highly regarded manager, Swansea are in a great position to add some real quality.

To me, it seems far to early for a manager to be getting upset about lack of signings so there is probably something else going on in the background - but it Laudrup really planned to leave he would have done it before Everton appointed a manager.

I also think that the Europa League commitment will put a lot of pressure on Swansea next season. They have a small squad and clearly struggled for results at the end of the season (one1 win and 3 draws in their last 10 games). Michu''s injury made them very vulnerable and another injury next year could be very costly for them.

I said at the end of the past season that Swansea are my dark horse choice for relegation. Losing their start players and being overstretched in a European competition will put them under a lot of pressure. Losing the manager will only make matters worse.

It will be interesting that if Swansea goes and with QPR already gone, the two teams promoted with us will have fallen away while we continue to forge ahead. We must be doing something right.