Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Bellamy

Welcome to the Premiership you arrogant little to**er, just proves money cant buy everything, i wish Robbie Savage had took the money off you before we played Derby in our Promotion season, now i like Malky but hope you Sheep Sha**ers get relegated now!!

Shows how desperate he was. Mind you, how he thought that Derby players might not try, or more so that he thought that approx £2k would make all the difference in the World to the Derby players is laughable, but like I said he was so desperate to go up.

Perhaps he should have offered it to his team mates before the Middlesborough game

Not everything is as bad as it might seem.

Perhaps some of the others rich, ''arrogant little t**ers'' in the Premiership should take note.

http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

That''s why he stuck around at City on £90k a week for so long. Funny how some dirty oil money can eventually wheel it''s way down to these kids! I''m quite tempted to sponsor one as long as i can stay afloat. Definately worth a couple of pints less a week for.

Normally I would think so what but it was Norwich City who gave this guy the big break not bee Cardiff.

I do t really see why people are having a go at him!

He was just showing his passion and desperation to get promoted, surely all players should feel the same.

At the end of the day, we won promotion that year, not him...

Great player and takes far more stick than he deserves. Does plenty for charity and always had time for the kids watching the training afterwards.

Has a better player come through our academy?

SYG and Warren Hill sum things up nicely.....whats wrong with some of you on here? Bellamy was and still is a terrific player, sure he has had a few moments, mainly in his earlier career, but despite this I guarantee that almost all City supporters wish it had been Norwich City and not Cardiff City who he decided to end his career with. So, he offered a mate an incentive to beat us..........in the overall scale of things, very minor and hardly worth getting upset about. I feel that his work and contribution in Africa more than counters any silly business he has been involved in over the years.I reckon his book will be a good read too....... and  in answer to WH''s question...I cant think of many better players who have come through our Academy...if any.....particularly who have had such a long career at a high level. 

Exactly. He doesn''t owe is anything. Its not as though he walked away for free. We got £6m for him so cant grumble to much.

He was playing for a competitor at the time so I have no prob with him offering robbie savage the money as described. I remember that game very well and when they pulled it back to 2-2 I thought we''d blown it. Which made Simo''s 95th minute winner all the better!

I have no problems with Bellers - great player who winds up the opposition and fans- a bit like a certain Mr Holt!! I would have loved him back at FCR, and his charity work is commendable - yes its easy to give loads to charity when you''re earning the big bucks, but how many of them do??Talking of which, please donate http://www.unicef.org.uk/landing-pages/donate-syria/?gclid=CM7Yz7ym0rcCFUTHtAodDCwAJA&sissr=1 - what''s going on in Syria is beyond atrocious, especially for children.Also - do a search for the bit about Charlie Adam and him at Liverpool - Funny as **** !!

The irony is, I still think Savage ended up indirectly winning the game for us. I remember him getting subbed with a few minutes left, and taking an absolute eternity to run off, stopping and clapping the away end about 3 times.I''m pretty sure that helped the ref add more time at the end, allowing for "Jacko Time".That was the only game I went to that season, as was still living in Australia and was over visiting for Easter. What a day!!!

So he was playing professional football for his home town club, and wanted to do everything possible to get promoted. Outrageous behaviour.

I''d be surprised if he doesn''t get reprimanded for the revelation about the £20k offer to Derby.

This sort of thing is actually allowed in Spain as it isn''t match fixing as such. It''s referred to as a ''Suitcase'' offer and hit the headlines earlier this season when Michael Laudrup referred to it:

http://afootballreport.com/post/32196649220/why-suitcases-should-be-left-on-the-plane

However, it''s against PL rules. Ok, it happened outside of the PL, but if Andros Townsend is getting banned for all football, even training, for 3 months (2 of which were suspended), then I''d be very surprised if Bellamy gets away scot free.

Can''t be seen to be setting examples like that, surely?

And different issue, but Iwan got fined when he later admitted in his book to seeking retribution on Muscat!

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Exactly. He doesn''t owe is anything. Its not as though he walked away for free. We got £6m for him so cant grumble to much.[/quote]it actually was around £4.5m - the £6m figure was what was quoted with all adds etc unfortunately they didn''t happen

City First, you''re wrong I''m afraid. The final figure was 5.7m. The add on top of that did not materialise as Coventry sold him after just one season.

So how is what Bellamy did different to a club paying a win bonus?

Townsend was betting on the outcome of games, which is entirely different

[quote user="flecky76"]I''d be surprised if he doesn''t get reprimanded for the revelation about the £20k offer to Derby.

This sort of thing is actually allowed in Spain as it isn''t match fixing as such. It''s referred to as a ''Suitcase'' offer and hit the headlines earlier this season when Michael Laudrup referred to it:

http://afootballreport.com/post/32196649220/why-suitcases-should-be-left-on-the-plane

However, it''s against PL rules. Ok, it happened outside of the PL, but if Andros Townsend is getting banned for all football, even training, for 3 months (2 of which were suspended), then I''d be very surprised if Bellamy gets away scot free.

Can''t be seen to be setting examples like that, surely?

And different issue, but Iwan got fined when he later admitted in his book to seeking retribution on Muscat![/quote]pretty much my thoughtsI would have thought that someone would have ran this past lawyers before it went to the printers however it is disturbing to see the reaction of some on here who appear to see nothing wrong with a player offering money to another team to influence the result of a game.What will be curious to see is what Savages reply/reaction to this claim is. Did he agree, was the information passed on to the rest of the team ?The idea that a team will play differently because of a financial inducement from another team in the same league is a very, very worrying position to have. Perhaps the FA might care to look again at why it took Savage so long to mince of the pitch (v Derby 2011) and ask whether that time wasting was, as he claimed. merely taking a final bow before retiring, or trying to earn a very large sum of money from unfairly stopping City from winning.

if the roles were reversed ad Grant Holt had done the same thing you''d all think he was a bloody Hero!Belluz let his heart rule his head... we won.. he looked silly.. move on.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if the roles were reversed ad Grant Holt had done the same thing you''d all think he was a bloody Hero!

Belluz let his heart rule his head... we won.. he looked silly.. move on.

[/quote]

It matters not who it is, but you have to question the Derby match and Savage time wasting as he left the pitch, Bellers should be reminded of this on Cardiff''s visit to Carrow road. 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if the roles were reversed ad Grant Holt had done the same thing you''d all think he was a bloody Hero!Belluz let his heart rule his head... we won.. he looked silly.. move on.

[/quote]

It matters not who it is, but you have to question the Derby match and Savage time wasting as he left the pitch, Bellers should be reminded of this on Cardiff''s visit to Carrow road. 

[/quote]You dont really think Savage tried to waste them last 2 minutes on the pitch to earn his squad £30k do you?Im more than sure, he would have done that anyway."I told him that if they won I’d give him £30,000 to share between them

all. Pay for a night out, have a meal, do whatever you want. I told Sav

I’d even give him the money if they got a draw"To put that into perspective, its like giving the average person £15 for Burger and a few pints in Wetherspoon.

[quote user="flecky76"]City First, you''re wrong I''m afraid. The final figure was 5.7m. The add on top of that did not materialise as Coventry sold him after just one season.[/quote]nope, the figure is true and came from the clubs accounts laterI would post it up if I was not certain

[quote user="tele"]So how is what Bellamy did different to a club paying a win bonus?

Townsend was betting on the outcome of games, which is entirely different[/quote]Because he is a player of another club and so therefore should not be offering finacial inducements to other players - it''s called briberyThe suspicion with Townsend is that he was not betting on ''outcomes'' ..... they are results  - but was involved in placing money on fixed games, as with Chopra. Which brings us back to why what Bellamy did was wrong, and is illegal in the Premier League.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="tele"]So how is what Bellamy did different to a club paying a win bonus?

Townsend was betting on the outcome of games, which is entirely different[/quote]Because he is a player of another club and so therefore should not be offering finacial inducements to other players - it''s called briberyThe suspicion with Townsend is that he was not betting on ''outcomes'' ..... they are results  - but was involved in placing money on fixed games, as with Chopra. Which brings us back to why what Bellamy did was wrong, and is illegal in the Premier League.

[/quote]So, so much wrong with that post,Bellamy didnt bribe Derby to try and win, they were trying to win anyway, he was merly offering them an extra incentive.Much like every football clubs ''win bonus'' scheme.Now had he paid NCFC £30k to lose the game, that would be bribery.Also, there is no suspicion at all that Townsend has bet on any game he has involved in or any ''fixed games''. Townsend bet on the result of a game in a Competition in which either his parent club or loan club played in which is not allowed.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="tele"]So how is what Bellamy did different to a club paying a win bonus?

[/quote]So, so much wrong with that post,Bellamy didnt bribe Derby to try and win, they were trying to win anyway, he was merly offering them an extra incentive.Much like every football clubs ''win bonus'' scheme.Now had he paid NCFC £30k to lose the game, that would be bribery.Also, there is no suspicion at all that Townsend has bet on any game he has involved in or any ''fixed games''. Townsend bet on the result of a game in a Competition in which either his parent club or loan club played in which is not allowed.

[/quote]oh dear, more to the point there is so much wrong with your postfirstly you need to learn to reply to what was posted, not make up stuff to answer insteadnowhere did I claim that Bellamy bribed Derby to win in fact Bellamy stated that  the payment was also to be made if Derby did not win, but secured a draw therefore if Derby were to have the supposed mindset of winning then that payment amounted to a bribe as it "is an act of giving money that alters the behaviour of the recipient"

again with Townsend you fabricate stuff to reply to nowhere did I claim that "Townsend has bet on any game he has involved in"And it is worth noting the rules regarding such activities when looking at Bellamys actions " prevent players from placing a wager on any competition

"in which the participant is participating, or has participated in that

season" or "in which the participant has any influence, either direct

or indirect".