Sign in to follow this  
Yelloow Since 72

Salomon Kalou

Why limit the threads for ''possible signings'' to rumours about other Clubs signing players who we may or may not need? Time to get a bit more random I think.

My intention was an open question, JG, in that Kalou could be available at a reasonable price (£4-5m?), which seems attractive for a 27 year old international striker with considerable experience of the PL. I''m not saying we should, I''m asking should we.

Yelloow, pardon me for splitting hairs, but I didn''t see the question of "Should we sign Kalou?" in your original post. The question you posed was, "possible signing for City?".Yes, it is possible. Should we? I believe we should consider it. But my initial reaction is. no, we shouldn''t.

I''d welcome him here with open arms, sadly I doubt Hughton would want someone like him here. He''s probably afraid that he''ll score too much!

I see what you mean when I look back at it, MWSAGs, but it was meant to be a question rather than a suggestion. I genuinely thought it was an interesting possibility.

I''m truly split on this.

His pace is phenomenal, if he still has it. What I have never been sure of is his decision making and quality of finishing. We do need pace up front.

Damn good player who often got given short shrift at Chelsea even when he was performing.At the right price and with sensible wages I''d have him here in a heartbeat.

[quote user="Admiral"]I''d welcome him here with open arms, sadly I doubt Hughton would want someone like him here. He''s probably afraid that he''ll score too much![/quote]

Oh, you are funny!

Bang average at Chelsea in a very good team which was on top in most games it played. Not what we need and if Cardiff spend big money on him then I think they will be sorely disappointed.