Sign in to follow this  

Found myself asking why he is playing in the MLS. Only 32, still knows where the back of the net is.

I know LA Galaxy found tonnes of money to throw at Becks, is money and the chance to live in the USA the only reasons.

I think Keane could still be a real force in the Premiership, surprised he isnt interested in coming back, or that someone isnt willing to try and sign him. Still think he would be way out of our league, but if it were possible I think he could be a great asset.

Anyone know or understand why he''s there?

You can only assume why Villa didn''t chose to buy him last season when they had him. Says it all really.

As far as I know, playing for Norwich City would fulfil one of his lifelong ambitions so I''m pretty sure he''d come here.Unfortunately, I''d rather we signed Roy Keane than the above badge-kissing mercenary.

He made his debut against us for Wolves in 1997, they won 2-0 and he got both goals. Hello, we thought-he might be a bit good. Iwan made his debut for us in the same game.

Getting paid £2.6mill a year to play in glamorous, nice and warm LA, no doubt with a mansion in the ''Hills'', shared with his former Miss Ireland wife and with movie stars as neighbours. No, I cannot understand why a faded talent like Keane would want that.

I suppose my question was ''Is he a faded talent''?

Not so sure myself, but not too many positive comments about him on here!

Wasnt suggesting for a minute he would want to play for us, Im just surprised noone else in the premiership is interested

Loan in January maybe. I hope it won''t come to that this season though. He''s a player with a special something to his game. A bit of a mercenary, but a good attitude, don''t think I''ve seen him go missing due to his own attitude before.

I feel he''s probably still good enough to play for bottom end of the table teams, maybe upper Champ. But his wages would still be huge so is he worth it?

I think when he went over to the MLS he was admitting he had had enough of tough games in a tough league and took the easy option in an easy league with no pressure. The hunger to win was probably gone. The climate is better, the lifestyle more glamorous and he''s getting paid a fortune for far less effort. I can''t see why he''d want to come back and play through the bleak English winter when he has all that.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Getting paid £2.6mill a year to play in glamorous, nice and warm LA, no doubt with a mansion in the ''Hills'', shared with his former Miss Ireland wife and with movie stars as neighbours. No, I cannot understand why a faded talent like Keane would want that.[/quote]

where did it all go wrong robbie ?

The thing is, realisticaly, where would you rather end your career; Stoke, Norwich, Birmingham (Villa, WBA), Fulham etc, or getting probably quadruple the wage playing in one of the most glamorous city''s in the world, surrounded by some of the most famous and rich people in the world?! How do you know he hasn''t had offers to come back but turned them down?

I know it was the faroe islands but if he can play like that all the time, he''d be awesome to have for a year or two