Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holiday Inn for sale

This has actually gone so far past embarrassing I''m cringeing.LDC, about 95% of the contributors to this thread think that your ideas are stupid, the other 5% are likely humouring you.Seriously, give it up.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]perhaps it is no more than his previous wish to have threads with the most number of repliesunfortunately I don''t think he factored in the possibility of being exposed so soonyou need another alias, wiz[/quote]I may have come to this thread a bit late but if LDC is anyone at all he can only be Tom Cavendish.[/quote]

Why do I have to be anyone else?    I can certainly understand how Tom Cavendish might feel, after this week.   At least I''m not suggesting some completely over the top  idea like moving the stadium, but Tom has put input on here which is relevant too and credit to him for that.   Most of the sense in this thread has been from others who actually read posts properly.   Sadly, the real message gets lost amongst the cr*p from the usual suspects.

[/quote]OK. so you''re not Tom Cavendish but you''re doing yourself no favours by endorsing any of his crazy idea''s.A word of advice. Don''t mention Bristol Rovers, Sainsbury''s or Peppercorn rents[;)]

If we''re losing a critical match, could we set off the fire alarms and cause the match to be abandoned and replayed at a later date?

[quote user="morty"]You crack on mate, you''re not making yourself look daft at all[Y][/quote]

I will crack on and I don''t care if I look daft.    Unlike you, I''m not trying to gain anything by being on here.  Some of you think you are big fish.  Well to most people who look in on here, you are small fish in a very small pool.      

The hotel is not what it could be and I if anything is ever done along something along the lines I have suggested I hope you''ll have the decency to come on and apologise for rubbishing the ideas out of hand.    In the cold light of day, the ideas put forward - not just by me - have some credence.   Larger viewing windows,  possible wide verandah style walkway/viewing platform as at MK Dons.   If it works for a lower league club like them - should we not be able to do it too?   Not easy, but possible.   The cost would be largely covered by Kew Greens Hotel - who are multi-million pound hotel group running several brands of hotels.  £2 miilion or even £5 million would be peanuts to them if they wanted to create something really special as a showpiece hotel.  

Like I said near the beginning - it would need someone with the will power to set the wheels in motion and follow it through.  Whether that comes from the club, or the Kew Green Hotel group,  is anybody''s guess, but if it happens,  it will benefit the stadium quite a lot.  As was also said near the beginning, the hotel is not going anywhere, so we might as well get the best use from it we can.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I don''t think there is a pillar at the bottom of the Jarold stand.  Certainly is one at the corner of the  Barclay.   If  a wide verandah style walkway was installed, as at MK Dons, people could move about to see around that pillar.  
[/quote]

You are unbelievable LDC, so everybody from these boxes runs up and down a walkway for 90 minutes to see round a pillar or observe a corner from the Snakepit corner.

In the words of Tangible MEGA LOL.[:''(]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You crack on mate, you''re not making yourself look daft at all[Y][/quote]

I will crack on and I don''t care if I look daft.    Unlike you, I''m not trying to gain anything by being on here.  Some of you think you are big fish.  Well to most people who look in on here, you are small fish in a very small pool.      

The hotel is not what it could be and I if anything is ever done along something along the lines I have suggested I hope you''ll have the decency to come on and apologise for rubbishing the ideas out of hand.    In the cold light of day, the ideas put forward - not just by me - have some credence.   Larger viewing windows,  possible wide verandah style walkway/viewing platform as at MK Dons.   If it works for a lower league club like them - should we not be able to do it too?   Not easy, but possible.   The cost would be largely covered by Kew Greens Hotel - who are multi-million pound hotel group running several brands of hotels.  £2 miilion or even £5 million would be peanuts to them if they wanted to create something really special as a showpiece hotel.  

Like I said near the beginning - it would need someone with the will power to set the wheels in motion and follow it through.  Whether that comes from the club, or the Kew Green Hotel group,  is anybody''s guess, but if it happens,  it will benefit the stadium quite a lot.  As was also said near the beginning, the hotel is not going anywhere, so we might as well get the best use from it we can.

[/quote]I didn''t even read that.You''re barking lol.

LDC is keeping going pretty well in the face of all the crap and feeble attempts at ridicule. The re-emboldened City 1st continues to demonstrate why the board was so much better when he mysteriously dissapeared suffering from a lack of Kahunas!

Of course some of LDC''s ideas are off the wall, buts what wrong with that, its often off the wall thinking that leads to the seed of new ideas.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You crack on mate, you''re not making yourself look daft at all[Y][/quote]I will crack on and I don''t care if I look daft.    Unlike you, I''m not trying to gain anything by being on here.  Some of you think you are big fish.  Well to most people who look in on here, you are small fish in a very small pool.       The hotel is not what it could be and I if anything is ever done along something along the lines I have suggested I hope you''ll have the decency to come on and apologise for rubbishing the ideas out of hand.    In the cold light of day, the ideas put forward - not just by me - have some credence.   Larger viewing windows,  possible wide verandah style walkway/viewing platform as at MK Dons.   If it works for a lower league club like them - should we not be able to do it too?   Not easy, but possible.   The cost would be largely covered by Kew Greens Hotel - who are multi-million pound hotel group running several brands of hotels.  £2 miilion or even £5 million would be peanuts to them if they wanted to create something really special as a showpiece hotel.   Like I said near the beginning - it would need someone with the will power to set the wheels in motion and follow it through.  Whether that comes from the club, or the Kew Green Hotel group,  is anybody''s guess, but if it happens,  it will benefit the stadium quite a lot.  As was also said near the beginning, the hotel is not going anywhere, so we might as well get the best use from it we can. [/quote]I didn''t even read that.You''re barking lol.[/quote]

That''s a really clever skill Morty.....not reading a post and yet still being able to comment.   Brilliant.  Master of the put down, don''t read the posts but still sees fit to ridicule.  Just about sums you up. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You crack on mate, you''re not making yourself look daft at all[Y][/quote]I will crack on and I don''t care if I look daft.    Unlike you, I''m not trying to gain anything by being on here.  Some of you think you are big fish.  Well to most people who look in on here, you are small fish in a very small pool.       The hotel is not what it could be and I if anything is ever done along something along the lines I have suggested I hope you''ll have the decency to come on and apologise for rubbishing the ideas out of hand.    In the cold light of day, the ideas put forward - not just by me - have some credence.   Larger viewing windows,  possible wide verandah style walkway/viewing platform as at MK Dons.   If it works for a lower league club like them - should we not be able to do it too?   Not easy, but possible.   The cost would be largely covered by Kew Greens Hotel - who are multi-million pound hotel group running several brands of hotels.  £2 miilion or even £5 million would be peanuts to them if they wanted to create something really special as a showpiece hotel.   Like I said near the beginning - it would need someone with the will power to set the wheels in motion and follow it through.  Whether that comes from the club, or the Kew Green Hotel group,  is anybody''s guess, but if it happens,  it will benefit the stadium quite a lot.  As was also said near the beginning, the hotel is not going anywhere, so we might as well get the best use from it we can. [/quote]I didn''t even read that.You''re barking lol.[/quote]

That''s a really clever skill Morty.....not reading a post and yet still being able to comment.   Brilliant.  Master of the put down, don''t read the posts but still sees fit to ridicule.  Just about sums you up. 

[/quote]I established you talk a load of pony about 78% of the time some months ago, I skip read the odd post in the vain hope you''ll have something interesting to say, but invariably come away disappointed.I don''t think you know the difference between reasoned debate and word bludgeoning someone into giving up the will to live, and just agree with you.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]

I don''t think there is a pillar at the bottom of the Jarold stand.  Certainly is one at the corner of the  Barclay.   If  a wide verandah style walkway was installed, as at MK Dons, people could move about to see around that pillar.  [/quote]

You are unbelievable LDC, so everybody from these boxes runs up and down a walkway for 90 minutes to see round a pillar or observe a corner from the Snakepit corner.

[/quote]

Have you bothered to look at the photos at MK Dons?  It works for them.  The verandah there is wide and although numbers would be restricted, it would still make the hotel look like it is part of the ground.   The  rooms I mention would have a full view of the whole ground if they have a balcony/verandah/walkway, whatever you want to call it.   But you carry on ridiculing it - all your mates are, so I guess its ok for you to do it too.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]

I don''t think there is a pillar at the bottom of the Jarold stand.  Certainly is one at the corner of the  Barclay.   If  a wide verandah style walkway was installed, as at MK Dons, people could move about to see around that pillar.  [/quote]

[/quote]

Have you bothered to look at the photos at MK Dons?  It works for them.  The verandah there is wide and although numbers would be restricted, it would still make the hotel look like it is part of the ground.   The  rooms I mention would have a full view of the whole ground if they have a balcony/verandah/walkway, whatever you want to call it.   But you carry on ridiculing it - all your mates are, so I guess its ok for you to do it too.

[/quote]

Individual balconies would need to be angled slightly to give a better view of the far corner, although a wider, angled gallery style area going across to the other side of the hotel would be better.   More in the style of a piazza.    The solutions are there.  It ain''t rocket science.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee, you''re out of order and you know it.
City, you''re a plank.

Right, last go.  Something like what I imagine could be put in.

Long balcony across the corner of stadium.  The angle could be increased to suit our situation. 

If you have stayed with me this far you will hopefully appreciate this. 

The rest of you can go stew. 

[/quote]

I presume the palm trees are for the nuts.

Think about Carrow road.The building  on the left in the picture is a hotel.  It is across the corner of a stadium.  The stand  that is the Jarold is in a similar position to the stand in this picture. The balcony or two or three balconies  that would fit on the Holiday Inn  could be angled more to take in to the fact that our hotel is not angled.  If you can''t see that this is a possible thing to do at our stadium, then I am sorry for you.  If you haven''t read through the thread you won''t know that the Kew Green Hotel  group is a multi-millionare company that could pay for this improvement as a showpiece hotel in their catalogue without even noticing the cost. Our club would surely have no objections to something like this, with rooms that could still be used as bedrooms (as at MK Dons stadium) and get a share of the increased business.This has been a genuine attempt at suggesting ways of improving "hotel corner" at Carrow Road.    I can''t fight off the trolls indefinitely so thank you and goodnight.

LDC, I feel you are getting your definitions incorrect.Just because someone thinks you talk a load of old pony doesn''t make them a troll.

Oh and who is "The rest of us" exactly?I''m not seeing many rallying round you here frankly.

[quote user="Mr Carrow"]LDC is keeping going pretty well in the face of all the crap and feeble attempts at ridicule. The re-emboldened City 1st continues to demonstrate why the board was so much better when he mysteriously dissapeared suffering from a lack of Kahunas! Of course some of LDC''s ideas are off the wall, buts what wrong with that, its often off the wall thinking that leads to the seed of new ideas.[/quote]

You''re not the real Mr Carrow though are you? He had thousands of posts. But then again you remember things way back before you joined so you could be. Are you the real Mr Carrow? If not who did you used to be buddy?

The thread has been about improvements to our stadium.  I don''t mind people disagreeing with me and I have altered my views accordingly during the week through what sensible and knowledgeable posters have put.   The rest of the thread has been the usual suspects twisting words, changing the meaning of what I have written to suit themselves, City 1st who has plainly lost the plot and attempts to discredit me without actually having followed the discussion through - which admittedly has been difficult through the likes of the same crew who always get in the way of a discussion if they don''t like it or the poster.   Actually, I should be pleased because it has given me more opportunity to reply than if they had just left the thread alone.  

What you people can''t stand is that you can''t get me to shut up.  It just so happens I really got into this subject at an early stage last week and have followed it through despite the opposition - and there have been some voices of support, whether you like it or not.   I look forward to morty''s next put down which will undoubtedly follow this post, even though he has admitted he doesn''t read my posts.

Lol. Lol. (That''s for you morty [Y] [Y] ). 

[quote user="Mr Carrow"]LDC is keeping going pretty well in the face of all the crap and feeble attempts at ridicule. The re-emboldened City 1st continues to demonstrate why the board was so much better when he mysteriously dissapeared suffering from a lack of Kahunas! Of course some of LDC''s ideas are off the wall, buts what wrong with that, its often off the wall thinking that leads to the seed of new ideas.[/quote]

I don''t wish to prolong the lifespan of this now ruined thread but well said Carrow.[Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Your inferences that you have the support of numerous other posters is ridiculous in this crusade of yours so I challenge you to come up with a list of names and also get a grip of the facts you conveniently swerve and ignore to suit your own end . No matter what you think nothing will change with regard to the hotel as back in 2002 it was a means to an end and I would be amazed if altering windows and adding balconies is even on the radar for whoever is responsible for refurbishment.

You note I said whoever so another challenge for you.....e-mail David McNally or Sam Gordon or Alan Bowkett for that matter for the information and it would soon put this thread to bed.

[/quote]

Bumped just for you LDC which yesterday you ignored.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Your inferences that you have the support of numerous other posters is ridiculous in this crusade of yours so I challenge you to come up with a list of names and also get a grip of the facts you conveniently swerve and ignore to suit your own end . No matter what you think nothing will change with regard to the hotel as back in 2002 it was a means to an end and I would be amazed if altering windows and adding balconies is even on the radar for whoever is responsible for refurbishment.

You note I said whoever so another challenge for you.....e-mail David McNally or Sam Gordon or Alan Bowkett for that matter for the information and it would soon put this thread to bed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t ignore it, however,  I never said "numerous other posters".  It is clear there are a few who on this thread at least sympathise with the idea and consider what may be involved in improving the hotel.     I have ignored nothing.   I have learned, altered my thinking to match, where I haven''t understood something I asked for clarification from purple and tangie.   I have said from the outset I don''t know all the answers.  

You have at least asked me some sensible questions throughout this.  I am not on some crusade.  However, when I get an idea I follow it through as far as I can.  That may be difficult to understand - but surely to goodness this is something that should interest all of us.   It wouldn''t be easy, it would take some negotiations, planning, financial responsibilities to sort out.  It is clear the finance would not rest mainly with the club as the hotel would be improving its business, but there is an inevitable link to the club because it overlooks the stadium and the club have a 30% share of the building itself. It needs someone who is prepared to take it on, whether it be the club or the hotel group,  but as someone who has been involved running many projects over the years, I know all it needs is the spark of an idea to get things moving, the inspiration from what someone else has achieved in the same field - and the enthusiasm and will power to see it through.

As for your last point, who I email, write to or talk to is none of your or anyone else''s business. 

Been thinking about this.  Why can''t we build a stand underground that can be raised via pneumatic lift on matchdays to cover the hotel, and then lowered again when the match is over?  It could be quite James Bond, would put us well on the map in terms of trailblazing innovation, would raise our profile and might lead to renewed opportunities for overseas investment.People say it can''t be done, but watch this - and this was 40 years ago.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t ignore it, however,  I never said "numerous other posters".  It is clear there are a few who on this thread at least sympathise with the idea and consider what may be involved in improving the hotel.     I have ignored nothing.   I have learned, altered my thinking to match, where I haven''t understood something I asked for clarification from purple and tangie.   I have said from the outset I don''t know all the answers.  

You have at least asked me some sensible questions throughout this.  I am not on some crusade.  However, when I get an idea I follow it through as far as I can.  That may be difficult to understand - but surely to goodness this is something that should interest all of us.   It wouldn''t be easy, it would take some negotiations, planning, financial responsibilities to sort out.  It is clear the finance would not rest mainly with the club as the hotel would be improving its business, but there is an inevitable link to the club because it overlooks the stadium and the club have a 30% share of the building itself. It needs someone who is prepared to take it on, whether it be the club or the hotel group,  but as someone who has been involved running many projects over the years, I know all it needs is the spark of an idea to get things moving, the inspiration from what someone else has achieved in the same field - and the enthusiasm and will power to see it through.

As for your last point, who I email, write to or talk to is none of your or anyone else''s business. 

[/quote]

I think you will find that we have a 30% stake in the profits not ownership of the hotel and as for your pathetic response with regard to e-mailing the club what a feeble immature response. You have mentioned  numerous times how posters have ridiculed you and there you go inviting scorn to be poured all over yourself.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Your inferences that you have the support of numerous other posters is ridiculous in this crusade of yours so I challenge you to come up with a list of names and also get a grip of the facts you conveniently swerve and ignore to suit your own end . No matter what you think nothing will change with regard to the hotel as back in 2002 it was a means to an end and I would be amazed if altering windows and adding balconies is even on the radar for whoever is responsible for refurbishment.You note I said whoever so another challenge for you.....e-mail David McNally or Sam Gordon or Alan Bowkett for that matter for the information and it would soon put this thread to bed.

[/quote]Bumped just for you LDC which yesterday you ignored.[/quote]

I didn''t ignore it, however,  I never said "numerous other posters".  It is clear there are a few who on this thread at least sympathise with the idea and consider what may be involved in improving the hotel.     I have ignored nothing.   I have learned, altered my thinking to match, where I haven''t understood something I asked for clarification from purple and tangie.   I have said from the outset I don''t know all the answers.   You have at least asked me some sensible questions throughout this.  I am not on some crusade.  However, when I get an idea I follow it through as far as I can.  That may be difficult to understand - but surely to goodness this is something that should interest all of us.   It wouldn''t be easy, it would take some negotiations, planning, financial responsibilities to sort out.  It is clear the finance would not rest mainly with the club as the hotel would be improving its business, but there is an inevitable link to the club because it overlooks the stadium and the club have a 30% share of the building itself. It needs someone who is prepared to take it on, whether it be the club or the hotel group,  but as someone who has been involved running many projects over the years, I know all it needs is the spark of an idea to get things moving, the inspiration from what someone else has achieved in the same field - and the enthusiasm and will power to see it through. As for your last point, who I email, write to or talk to is none of your or anyone else''s business.  [/quote]

I think you will find that we have a 30% stake in the profits not ownership of the hotel and as for your pathetic response with regard to e-mailing the club what a feeble immature response. You have mentioned  numerous times how posters have ridiculed you and there you go inviting scorn to be poured all over yourself.

[/quote]

"In your opinion"  its  immature.  To other people its called privacy.   And to someone who delights in finding little pictures to post, I don''t think you are very qualified to talk about what is mature and what isn''t.