Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holiday Inn for sale

"yet I get persistently attacked and derided by some people on here who like to think they can control what others post...........the usual subjects have come out and tried to discredit me "

[quote user="City1st"]otherwise he''ll be telling us all that he won''t be bullied off this forum any any no-marks ...[/quote] 4/6/13

we''ve been here before haven''t we, districtwiz ?

[quote user="City1st"]"yet I get persistently attacked and derided by some people on here who like to think they can control what others post...........the usual subjects have come out and tried to discredit me "

[quote user="City1st"]otherwise he''ll be telling us all that he won''t be bullied off this forum any any no-marks ...[/quote] 4/6/13

we''ve been here before haven''t we, districtwiz ?

[/quote]Goodnight, City 1st. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Yes I have the nerve.  I post in good faith yet I get persistently attacked and derided by some people on here who like to think they can control what others post.    City 1st has been accusing me of having some kind of hidden agenda all through this thread and I am defending myself.   Is that not allowed? You as an ex-police officer should know all about people being able to defend themselves, unless you were the kind of officer that assumed everyone was guilty as charged, regardless of the facts.  

You have plenty to say about other posters and quite often try to show me up in some way, usually by putting your own slant on something that I  have posted  in good faith - its no surprise that the usual subjects have come out and tried to discredit me - again - despite other posters making supportive posts regarding this thread  - a thread which I and some others have found interesting and informative.    So before you try to have another go at me, think on.   

[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/pauper1966/media/VictimCard.jpg.html][IMG]http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/pauper1966/VictimCard.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Yes I have the nerve.  I post in good faith yet I get persistently attacked and derided by some people on here who like to think they can control what others post.    City 1st has been accusing me of having some kind of hidden agenda all through this thread and I am defending myself.   Is that not allowed? You as an ex-police officer should know all about people being able to defend themselves, unless you were the kind of officer that assumed everyone was guilty as charged, regardless of the facts.  

You have plenty to say about other posters and quite often try to show me up in some way, usually by putting your own slant on something that I  have posted  in good faith - its no surprise that the usual subjects have come out and tried to discredit me - again - despite other posters making supportive posts regarding this thread  - a thread which I and some others have found interesting and informative.    So before you try to have another go at me, think on.   

[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/pauper1966/media/VictimCard.jpg.html][IMG]http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/pauper1966/VictimCard.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]

Til, just an observation here and I''m not looking for a war with you or anyone, but isn''t it time to call off the LDC battering, right or wrong, he''s entitled to his opinion without all this grief he''s getting.[W]

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]I think that last post was just confirmation.[/quote]

By all means have a war then BW, or who the hell you are, but do it without me, I''m off to stock up on my popcorn.

Ok then wiz...

Why don''t you tell us about the time you called Stephen Fry a class A drug user?

Or claimed that you sat in the city stand before it even existed?

Or when you sat in the mythical wensum stand?

Or when you could hear the lyrics of OTBC being sung slowly on a youtube video, despite being deaf?

Or when you went on vile and QP''arse forums looking to defame the club?

Or when you claimed there were three roofs on carrow road when there wasn''t?

And more.

Well?

Maybe you should ask your master why he was alleging there was a player revolt. Trying to damage Hughton''s credibility?!

Or why you were shitting yourself the last handful of games?

Fucking hypocrites!!!!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]My mum is from Dundee and has discovered that the Holiday Inn there was for sale recently for £4.4 million.     I have been saying for ages that the way out of the problem of the hotel in the corner of Carrow Rd was for the club to buy it and turn it into something more suitable for adding a few seats.    Plus the hotel, or what remained of it could be used to raise income for the club, perhaps in some other way, therefore would be an investment.

£4.4 m  is not peanuts and the hotel in Norwich would probably be more, but still it must be considered an option.   I have been shouted down several times for expressing this view  but no-one has come up with a decent argument as to why this should not be a sensible solution.   To buy back stadium space and have the facility to create something else, even if it is a hotel with less rooms, as well as add up to 2,000 seats must be a no-brainer.

It may not be possible for reasons I don''t know, but money talks and at the right price this is a way to develop the stadium both pitch side and behind the scenes. 

[/quote]

As you say LDC, money does sadly talks, and thats the problem imo, we''re stuck with the damn eyesore, certainly in my lifetime.[:(]

Now look Wiz of course LDC is entitled to his opinion but when people disagree with that opinion and place facts on here as opposed to his assumptions why does he continue to bang on and on and then when those posters yet again engage him with further responses he plays the victim card. Tangible and Purple have both posted good information with regard to the companies involved with the hotel but oh no our LDC still has to dig his heels in now page 20 is approaching fast.

[quote user="dpit"]doh[/quote]

Here you go..

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2931296&Quote=Trueg[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="dpit"]doh[/quote]

Here you go..

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2931296&Quote=Trueg[/img]

[/quote]

Or not![:$]

Til.  When people like you start calling people "victims" it is usually because you have no real argument and are resorting to name calling.   You have persistently tried twisting my words throughout this thread to mean something I am not saying, but as that has not worked you just resort to the lowest form of posting - attempt at ridcicule and name calling.   If you think  you are somehow having some effect you are totally mistaken and the more you and BW and City 1st carry on with the kind of posting you have on this thread, the more you lose your own credibility.    Fine, if that is what you want, carry on, if it makes you feel "big",  but any respect you may have amongst the posters on this board dwindles every time you post like this.

Me?  Unlike you,  I have no reputation to protect, no allies to pander to, no coat tails to hang on to, so I post  as I see it  - and you lot can like it or lump it.

Oh dear lord here we go again.

No words have been twisted, if you''ve actually been reading anybodies posts on this thread you will have noticed we all have used direct quotations from yourself.

People have given you the facts and you''ve chosen to brush them aside with a littering of speculation and "maybes" and "perhaps".

The only one twisting things is you.

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]Oh dear lord here we go again.

No words have been twisted, if you''ve actually been reading anybodies posts on this thread you will have noticed we all have used direct quotations from yourself.

People have given you the facts and you''ve chosen to brush them aside with a littering of speculation and "maybes" and "perhaps".

The only one twisting things is you.[/quote]

That has been my point all - I was hoping for others to take on through their better knowledge and experience - which they did - so - for the benefit of all the trolls who would like to have the forum run their way........... ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A DISCUSSION FORUM

Get it?

And it iswe are discussing why you are posting under (yet) another name and what might you know that is your behind this rather baseless crusade

.............. or would you like to have the forum run only your way ?

The madness never ends...................

Today I had a sausage roll for breakfast in my mankini , now I can feel crumbs in hard to reach places.

[quote user="City1st"]And it iswe are discussing why you are posting under (yet) another name and what might you know that is your behind this rather baseless crusade.............. or would you like to have the forum run only your way ?[/quote]

Oh dear, I suppose this is going to go on as long as I can be bothered to reply to you and your minion..  You don''t offer discussion, you only offer  ridicule and  bombast.    You are deluded in thinking certain things about me - and every comment to me has been emblazened with your delusion.

Your pet cat''s first contribution on this thread was "stop whinging" - really added to the discussion, that.

Looking through the thread this morning there is a flow of interesting DISCUSSION interspersed with meaningless and utterly useless contributions from just a few people.      Eventually even you joined in on a sensible level, but it didn''t last long.     Most of the discussion - despite my lack of knowledge which I have admitted all along - has been interesting and instructive.   Its  a shame that two or three people feel they have to spoil it.

I am sure you and "whiskers" are happy with the way you post.     To  most of us you are both two goals short of a clean sheet and no with little  prospect of  scoring anything other than an own goal.     

[:P]

"with little  prospect of  scoring anything other than an own goal. "

would that be in the uncovered Barclay end or the Wensum stand end ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I am no expert on the law on liability.. I am just going on the NCFC accounts, which do not show any major debt owing as a result of the hotel.

[/quote]

The holding in the hotel JV. is in effect a holding in an Associate company. As long as no guarantees have been given by NCFC Plc for the debt in the company relating to the hotel JV.  then its my understanding nothing has to be disclosed in the NCFC Plc Accounts for the whole or part of the debt thats been guaranteed. Thus only 30% of any profit / loss and 30% of the assets and liabilities of the Associate company are disclosed in the NCFC Plc Accounts (people - please dont forget that the reporting periods of the Associate company and NCFC Plc are different).

BTW. I can confirm that the bank loan in the hotel JV. is on a non recourse (i.e. the bank cant ask NCFC Plc to pay the bank loan) basis as I have asked the question some time ago.   

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I am no expert on the law on liability.. I am just going on the NCFC accounts, which do not show any major debt owing as a result of the hotel.

[/quote]

The holding in the hotel JV. is in effect a holding in an Associate company. As long as no guarantees have been given by NCFC Plc for the debt in the company relating to the hotel JV.  then its my understanding nothing has to be disclosed in the NCFC Plc Accounts for the whole or part of the debt thats been guaranteed. Thus only 30% of any profit / loss and 30% of the assets and liabilities of the Associate company are disclosed in the NCFC Plc Accounts (people - please dont forget that the reporting periods of the Associate company and NCFC Plc are different).

BTW. I can confirm that the bank loan in the hotel JV. is on a non recourse (i.e. the bank cant ask NCFC Plc to pay the bank loan) basis as I have asked the question some time ago.   

[/quote]

If I have understood that then we are indeed not liable at all for the bank loan (presumably, as I suspected, the holder of the B shares is responsible for that). But we are - through our subsidiary company that owns all the A shares, liable for 30 per cent of any other losses and liabilities the hotel project might amass? Otherwise there would be no need to document them in the NCFC accounts.

That would have been the point of setting up a seperate PlcWe still don''t know who owns the other 70% other than some company named Estoril

Properties Ltd. However there is virtually nothing about them other than they were wound up in 2003, and then applied for a change of name. Which does seem odd.Either way I cannot see funding being found to radically alter the exterior and interior of a large number of rooms when those costs are set against the variables of Norwich City''s football team. And I would have thought that having a franchise such as Holiday Inn would require a fair degree of conformity as far as room design goes.So it is pretty much a case of having to find another stick with which to beat the club.

[quote user="City1st"]That would have been the point of setting up a seperate PlcWe still don''t know who owns the other 70% other than some company named Estoril

Properties Ltd. However there is virtually nothing about them other than they were wound up in 2003, and then applied for a change of name. Which does seem odd.Either way I cannot see funding being found to radically alter the exterior and interior of a large number of rooms when those costs are set against the variables of Norwich City''s football team. And I would have thought that having a franchise such as Holiday Inn would require a fair degree of conformity as far as room design goes.So it is pretty much a case of having to find another stick with which to beat the club.[/quote]

My, my, so it does talk sense, apart from the last bit.     The levels that would need altering are 2, 3 and 4, which have a full view of the pitch.    Any refurbishment would have to be agreed by Kerrison and Kew Green Hotels, who are the main players.   It is clear that Kew Green are a large successful hotel group who run several different brands of hotels - and they are not averse to spending large amounts of money if it is in their interest to do so.  They have recently completed a "multi-million" pound refurbishment at another Holiday Inn.     If they though the good publicity would benefit their cause, they may well consider  altering the facade of the NC hotel to put in bigger windows, maybe even consider safe balconoies.     The club would surely have no objections to this as it would benefit them too in the increased amount they could get from extra ticket sales/hospitality groups or however it is set up.   Kerrison - who surely also - collectively - should have no objection if the alterations would help business.

LDC: I would ask the question as to how much extra the bigger windows could conceivably bring in and compare it to the cost of actually making the changes.

I won''t even pretend to know the answer to either question but I know (having had building work done recently) the cost of making the changes won''t be cheap.

well, well, wellthere''s a sudden about turn in knowledge, as barely an hour or so back you were claiming

[quote user="lake district canary"] despite my lack of knowledge which I have admitted all along [/quote]

now either you did know far more than you originally let on and were fishing, or once again wiz you have forgot to remain in charactor

hmmmmm .........