Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holiday Inn for sale

Yet again, McNally''s brilliance shines through.

So was the woman part of the trade? A sacrifice? Pardon my juvenile questions, i''m a bit of a rookie in intergalactic trade.

Meanwhile at Loftus Road there intergalactic policy isn''t going so well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2lKECLXy3Q

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]Yet again, McNally''s brilliance shines through.

So was the woman part of the trade? A sacrifice? Pardon my juvenile questions, i''m a bit of a rookie in intergalactic trade.

[/quote]

Re McNally, absolutely. I have always been his biggest fan even when some here doubted his abilities...[;)]As to the woman, a trade or sacrifice? Dear me, no. What a weird and rather troubling imagination you seem to have. No, that is Sam Gordon, the club''s director of finance, who was there to give expert advice on the current exchange rate between the pound sterling and the Judoonian pfennig:

Sam Gordon 

Blimey, i thought threads only got derailed and taken off topic by the usual suspects from The Inner Circle. [:P][;)]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

£30m is a lot of money to spend for just an extra 8,000 seats. Also consider that the car park directly behind the Jarrold Stand has been sold for housing.
[/quote]

The big triangle shaped car park directly behind the Jarrold Stand has not been sold as far as I know.  The piece of land between the test bed and the the river has.

[quote user="Ricky"]Nice thread LDC and good to see some discussion on this issue. I have no objection to a thread such as this one being started to prompt a discussion and do not expect the OP to have all the answers or indeed to be able or inclined to undertake deeper research into issues raised by other posters during the debate. There have been many interesting points raised and I for one have picked up on a few things I wasn''t previously aware of.[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

There is no evidence at all we have any influence over the hotel. We have a minority stake in the joint venture, but that is all. If we had any influence then McNally presumably would have got those seats in front he wanted.

We gave up that space. It is not in any real sense part of the ground that can be updated like the other stands.

[/quote]

Re the first point - I think you are right to presume that McNally has ran into an obstacle regarding a temporary stand between the hotel and the pitch.

As for the space - if I remember correctly the land which the hotel was built on, was leased by NCFC Plc to the Hotel JV. for 150 years. So I think its reasonable to say that its not really part of the ground (for the duration of that lease). 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Are you going out of your way Tangible to get LDC to come back ?[;)]

[/quote]

Make up your mind. Do you prefer this back on-topic or staying off-piste?[:D]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/executive-boxes-1314-853433.aspx

Looks like there may not be the demand for your hospitality boxes in the hotel LDC. [;)]

[/quote]

''We have very limited availability for the 2013-14 season''

....may indicate that they do not have many executive boxes to fill

[/quote]

To me it could well be a sales pitch to encourage those who may be thinking about it to hurry up and commit. If the Club had not used the word limited it could suggest there were plenty available. It depends which way you look at it I suppose but what does surprise me is that there are any available at all as everything seems to have the sold out sign up in recent seasons.

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

"They are the operators who have a 35 year lease. The Hotel JV. own the building."

So, if I can get this straight,  the club owns a 30% share of the

hotel building as part of the JV, of which the land it is on is owned

totally by the club and is on a 150 year lease to the JV?        Then

Kew Green Hotels lease the building on a 35 year lease. 

That begs the question, or maybe I have missed the answer, but who owns the other 70% in the joint venture?  

perhaps, just perhaps we are finally getting to the real reason for this threadand the constant references to McNally rather than the board or the clubhmmmmm

[quote user="City1st"]perhaps, just perhaps we are finally getting to the real reason for this threadand the constant references to McNally rather than the board or the clubhmmmmm[/quote]

Forget the conspiracy theories City 1st, you''re not very good at them.  I would simply like to know, if the club owns 30% of the building,  who owns the other 70%  in the Joint Venture.   McNally has nothing to do with it apart from being the  CE of the Football Club.

If the 30% belonging to NCFC are the rooms and windows facing the pitch surely that means we can do what we want with them without having to get permission from whoever owns the other 70% hey LDC ? [;)][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If the 30% belonging to NCFC are the rooms and windows facing the pitch surely that means we can do what we want with them without having to get permission from whoever owns the other 70% hey LDC ? [;)][:D][/quote]

Ha bl**dy ha.  I wonder if anyone knows the answer.  Its about the only thing that hasn''t been covered on this thread.

or the only thing that no one has bit upon yetfor those not privvy to what is going on the LDC/wiz troll has something he thinks we should know about the hotel and the club - hence the endless digs about McNallyhaving not seen the thread head in the direction he intended he is back aagin trying to steer it towards the relationship between the club and the hotelso why not tell us what you know then LDC/wiz, rather than trotting out this nonsense about window boxes and collapsible beds  ?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]If the 30% belonging to NCFC are the rooms and windows facing the pitch surely that means we can do what we want with them without having to get permission from whoever owns the other 70% hey LDC ? [;)][:D][/quote]

Ha bl**dy ha.  I wonder if anyone knows the answer.  Its about the only thing that hasn''t been covered on this thread.

[/quote]

I suspect Tangible has the answer, because he posted about getting round at some point to looking at the accounts of the joint venture. It is called Kerrison Hotel Ltd, and according to the little easily avalaible information I can find (I don''t care enough to dig deeper) has only two - unnamed - shareholders. One presumably would be us, with 30 per cent, so the other 70 per cent would be held by another single company or individual.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]If the 30% belonging to NCFC are the rooms and windows facing the pitch surely that means we can do what we want with them without having to get permission from whoever owns the other 70% hey LDC ? [;)][:D][/quote]

[/quote]

I suspect Tangible has the answer, because he posted about getting round at some point to looking at the accounts of the joint venture. It is called Kerrison Hotel Ltd, and according to the little easily avalaible information I can find (I don''t care enough to dig deeper) has only two - unnamed - shareholders. One presumably would be us, with 30 per cent, so the other 70 per cent would be held by another single company or individual.

[/quote]

Not quite, I now see, although in practice the effect is the same as far as sharing out the cash is concerned. We own all the A shares and someone else must then own all the B shares. But by agreement the split of profits is 30 per cent to the A shareholder (ie us) and 70 per cent to the B shareholder. This raises the nerdy but possibly significant question of whether the A and B shareholders have equal or unequal voting powers. Again only someone with access to the accounts of the JV would know this.

"forget the conspiracy theories city1st, your not very good at them"

Neither are you IMO.

Give it up Lake District wizard.

[quote user="City1st"]or the only thing that no one has bit upon yet  for those not privvy to what is going on the LDC/wiz troll has something he thinks we should know about the hotel and the club - hence the endless digs about McNally  having not seen the thread head in the direction he intended he is back aagin trying to steer it towards the relationship between the club and the hotel   so why not tell us what you know then LDC/wiz, rather than trotting out this nonsense about window boxes and collapsible beds  ?[/quote][quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]"forget the conspiracy theories city1st, your not very good at them"

Neither are you IMO.

Give it up Lake District wizard.[/quote]

Have you two any idea how stupid you look??  

"Have you two any idea how stupid you look??"- LDC

"I''m not going to respond to city1st because he is trolling..."- acolyte

"Oh stop it! (with smiley face)"- wiz

Keeping with the doctor who theme, I believe this troll is one man with multiple incarnations and shades of slightly differing personalities.

From what I can gather  the Kerrison Hotels Ltd - who own the other 70% in the joint venture - were set up by people at Norwich City Football club as an offshoot company to keep the liabilty for any possible debts of the hotel separate from the club.     So although all this noise about the club not owning the hotel in its entirety is true, in essence the company who has the 70% majority holding in the joint venture is very much influenced by things to do with the club.   This is good news, as in essence the control of the hotel is in good hands, with limited debt liability -  the only outsiders being Kew Green Hotels who run the 35 year franchise.   

In my original thread, my idea was for the club to buy the hotel so they could do what they want with it.   But as the hotel is effectively controlled by the club anyway, that isn''t a problem.    However it all means nothing, as the Kew Green Hotels, who have the franchise are in control of the hotel business. It would need both parties to sit round the table to discuss anything like altering the facade, putting bigger windows in, or whatever, but it is not something that is as unlikely as it would have appeared.    I will carry on hoping that something can be done to improve that corner of the stadium and have bookmarked this thread for the future so I can haunt City 1st and his hangers on with it when the hotel is refurbished at some point.

LDC: if you truly believe that there is something that could be done to improve the look or profitability of the hotel rooms nearest to the pitch do something about it rather than complain about it here. As you may be aware McNally has a twitter account and does not object to reasonable questions (he even replies to people).

If you do ask the question and get a response (or even some action) more power to you.

if you don''t get a response or get slapped down by McNasty take it as a response from someone who knows what he''s talking about.

If you don''t ask the question in the first place... sit down and shut the $£&% up.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]LDC: if you truly believe that there is something that could be done to improve the look or profitability of the hotel rooms nearest to the pitch do something about it rather than complain about it here. As you may be aware McNally has a twitter account and does not object to reasonable questions (he even replies to people).

If you do ask the question and get a response (or even some action) more power to you.

if you don''t get a response or get slapped down by McNasty take it as a response from someone who knows what he''s talking about.

If you don''t ask the question in the first place... sit down and shut the $£&% up.[/quote]

I have no access to twitter, nor want it.    My involvement with Norwich as a supporter.   I am not going to bother David McNally or anyone else at the club with silly questions.  I would rather look silly on here with all the other idiots who look silly - and there are plenty of those, just look around this thread to see that.   I''m not going to apologise for this thread, neither should I have to.  I have learned more than I could have hoped for when an idle thought came to me regarding the sale of a Holiday Inn in Scotland.      The Hotel is in good hands, the club have good control over the building and the hotel is leased out to another company.   Refurbishment will probably happen, sooner or later, the club and the leasing company will both be involved with discussions about that and possible improvements,  given the success of the club and the hotel.   I will be surprised if the  hotel is not improved with better views on to the  pitch at some stage, but realise it does not have to happen.    

The end.

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]"Have you two any idea how stupid you look??"- LDC

"I''m not going to respond to city1st because he is trolling..."- acolyte

"Oh stop it! (with smiley face)"- wiz

Keeping with the doctor who theme, I believe this troll is one man with multiple incarnations and shades of slightly differing personalities.[/quote]

why do you waste your time?