Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holiday Inn for sale

[quote user="lake district canary"] City 1st will point out there are rooms that don''t have a full view. That is true.  But there are plenty that do have a full view of the pitch and are ideal for the hospitality treatment - and what an advert that would be for the hotel.
[/quote]

Have I missed something as I am unaware of any rooms that have a FULL AND UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW of the pitch so some facts on this please LDC.

Look.  I  am not sure why people don''t understand the issues around this subject.   It seems to vary from blind acceptance that we are stuck with the wretched hotel as it is -  to complete lacking of any kind of vision for what is possible.   The more I have pursued this thread, the more it is clear to me that this is something that will happen, sooner or later.     Refurbishment - either from the hotel chain, but more likely in conjunction with the football club who have a small stake in deciding what happens, will happen.   Other clubs have had similar development and integrated the hotel into the stadium much better than our example.   It does not take a genius to see what is possible.  But to read some of the negative stuff on here, its like people have their heads stuck in the sand.   I know there are problems.  I know there are issues about which I know nothing.   But what I do know is that people will have been thinking about what could be done to integrate the hotel better into Carrow Road.   Why shouldn''t we as fans?   Its our club too. 

Those that just knock back the idea haven''t taken to it, which I find surprising. Its more like people don''t like my style of posting than what I am saying, but it is for the benefit of us all that some kind of development there happens, whether its just bigger windows, galleries, or even a small amount of seats lower down.   I would go so far as to make the prediction that this will happen.  We are not going to rebuild the Jarrold anytime soon, if ever and if the hotel chain decide that having hospitality rooms at a premiership football ground is a good idea - and it is -  the likelihood is that this will happen quite quickly.  

Lets just wait and see.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]I''ve eaten three bags of popcorn and two tubs of Ben & Jerry''s.This is the best thread ever.[/quote]

Hope you''re sitting comfortably, Mr. C, we haven''t even got to half time yet........

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]Dearie me LDC, being deconstructed here.

Why don''t you just admit you''ve fuc*ed up?[/quote]

what a fucking knob head you are!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Look.  I  am not sure why people don''t understand the issues around this subject.   [/quote]

This is where you are wrong.  Indeed, a lot of people who have replied appear to understand the issues a great deal better than you seem to.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It seems to vary from blind acceptance that we are stuck with the wretched hotel as it is -  to complete lacking of any kind of vision for what is possible.   [/quote]

People do accept that the hotel will remain in the corner of the ground because it will cost too much to buy out, demolish and reconstruct a stand that would not provide a fraction of the outlay over the medium to long term.  Also, a lot of the people here also seem to understand that the hotel, being in the corner of the ground (and set back) is not in the best position to provide sufficient ''boxes'' like those provided by Stadium:MK.  There are a few that do provide a decent view, but just as many with obstructed views.  When it comes to adding a new infill in the corner it is also uneconomic as you wouldn''t be able to add enough seats in a manner that would be safe.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The more I have pursued this thread, the more it is clear to me that this is something that will happen, sooner or later. [/quote]   

On the contrary the more I have read this thread and researched the subject the more I understand that there is no chance of any kind of improvement in that corner.

[quote user="lake district canary"] Refurbishment - either from the hotel chain, but more likely in conjunction with the football club who have a small stake in deciding what happens, will happen.   Other clubs have had similar development and integrated the hotel into the stadium much better than our example.[/quote]

The difference is that the other stadia have hotels that are a part of the stadia whereas the CRHI is a separate building.  Most people here understand that what and where the hotel was built was not ideal but is what we have.

[quote user="lake district canary"]   It does not take a genius to see what is possible.  But to read some of the negative stuff on here, its like people have their heads stuck in the sand.   I know there are problems.  I know there are issues about which I know nothing.   But what I do know is that people will have been thinking about what could be done to integrate the hotel better into Carrow Road.   Why shouldn''t we as fans?   Its our club too.  [/quote]

Yes it''s our club, but we would all prefer that the club spent all it''s efforts in

1. improving the squad

2. making significant improvements to the stadium without bankrupting the club or doing a Wolves (remember them, two relegations in two seasons?)

[quote user="lake district canary"] Those that just knock back the idea haven''t taken to it, which I find surprising. Its more like people don''t like my style of posting than what I am saying, but it is for the benefit of us all that some kind of development there happens, whether its just bigger windows, galleries, or even a small amount of seats lower down.[/quote]

it''s in our benefit if the club concentrates on building the squad.  but if you insist that ground improvements must happen what would you rather have, a couple of hundred seats which will bring in relatively little extra revenue and cost a lot more or up to 8000 extra seats that will be enough capacity for the medium to long term.

[quote user="lake district canary"]    I would go so far as to make the prediction that this will happen.  We are not going to rebuild the Jarrold anytime soon, if ever and if the hotel chain decide that having hospitality rooms at a premiership football ground is a good idea - and it is -  the likelihood is that this will happen quite quickly.  

Lets just wait and see.[/quote]

Indeed, if we wait 30 years I bet you it''ll be mainly the same as it is.

a little reading for you if you decide to read up on the subject that you claim to know about already

1. The Green Guide (the rules wrt football stadia construction and management)

2. The original planning application for the hotel & jarrold stand

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Could we not install some kind of anti-gravity device in the hotel and suspend it 150 feet or so above where it is now, tilted to allow guests to see the pitch, so we could then build a proper infill underneath? There must be someone here who understands this kind of technology and can say whether the idea is feasible.

[/quote]

I mention this because in one Dotor Who episode the Judoon transported a whole hospital from central London to the Moon. If that is possible I can''t see that lifting a hotel up a hundred feet or so would pose much of a problem, unless it is Judoon proprietary technology and they wouldn''t let us use it.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]PC: is this some kind of bid to be the next dr who?[/quote]How do you know I haven''t already been the Doctor?[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Could we not install some kind of anti-gravity device in the hotel and suspend it 150 feet or so above where it is now, tilted to allow guests to see the pitch, so we could then build a proper infill underneath? There must be someone here who understands this kind of technology and can say whether the idea is feasible.

[/quote]

I mention this because in one Dotor Who episode the Judoon transported a whole hospital from central London to the Moon. If that is possible I can''t see that lifting a hotel up a hundred feet or so would pose much of a problem, unless it is Judoon proprietary technology and they wouldn''t let us use it.

[/quote]I''m pretty sure the Judoons would have created that as part of a joint venture and the minority shareholder might decide they can push it through regardless.My idea is that the hotel has a stand built on the roof, and the hotel also has a large automated "sink pit" built beneath it into which the hotel can descend on matchdays thereby providing a "ground level" stand on demand.  Watching the hotel being lowered and raised again would arguably be more entertaining than many of this season''s home games.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="spudgfsh"]PC: is this some kind of bid to be the next dr who?[/quote]How do you know I haven''t already been the Doctor?[;)][/quote]

I do apologise My Troughton (or is it Mr Pertwee?) 

How timely purple...just started re-watching that series with my little brother.

(attempting to indoctrinate him into the whovian community, whether he likes it or not)

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m pretty sure the Judoons would have created that as part of a joint venture and the minority shareholder might decide they can push it through regardless.My idea is that the hotel has a stand built on the roof, and the hotel also has a large automated "sink pit" built beneath it into which the hotel can descend on matchdays thereby providing a "ground level" stand on demand.  Watching the hotel being lowered and raised again would arguably be more entertaining than many of this season''s home games.

[/quote]

If anyone can outface a bunch of rhinoceros-headed aliens and earn another out of this world bonus it is David McNally...

Purple isn''t Troughton or Pertwee, because for a start there dead, and also purple hasn''t got nearly enough class to match them.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="spudgfsh"]PC: is this some kind of bid to be the next dr who?[/quote]How do you know I haven''t already been the Doctor?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]

Oh puhleeze not Pertwee!!! Rushing round in that silly car wearing a ruffled shirt as if he was auditioning for Adam Adamant. But whimsical hippyish Patrick Troughton, now there was an underrated Doctor.

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]Purple isn''t Troughton or Pertwee, because for a start there dead, and also purple hasn''t got nearly enough class to match them.[/quote]

Is that "The point" and first acolyte heading in opposite directions?  I do believe he missed it

"But whimsical hippyish Patrick Troughton, now there was an underrated Doctor"

Ah yes, the best IMO and personally I thin...

Oh wait, isn''t this a NCFC forum?

Not that I can afford it, but how much do those boxes roughly cost for a season?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="spudgfsh"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="spudgfsh"]PC: is this some kind of bid to be the next dr who?[/quote]

How do you know I haven''t already been the Doctor?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]

Oh puhleeze not Pertwee!!! Rushing round in that silly car wearing a ruffled shirt as if he was auditioning for Adam Adamant. But whimsical hippyish Patrick Troughton, now there was an underrated Doctor.

[/quote]

Purple Worzel ........

Now there''s a thought...

I had purple more as a William Hartnell - who coincidentally used to make frocks for the Queen

and probably other queens too if the truth was known (Hartnell that is, not purple)

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]"But whimsical hippyish Patrick Troughton, now there was an underrated Doctor"

Ah yes, the best IMO and personally I thin...

Oh wait, isn''t this a NCFC forum?[/quote]

Pah, nonsense, Peter Davison was the best...though I could never work out why he often had his hand up a cows bum...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If anyone can outface a bunch of rhinoceros-headed aliens and earn another out of this world bonus it is David McNally...

[/quote]

Funnily enough footage of McNally negotiating with the Judoon over using their anti-gravity technology has just been sent to me through the temporal vortex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtdoPUQimJg

---

you might want to use the reply button purplesaves clogging up the thread, and most can work out what your reply is in regard to

So how were the negotiations going then purple? Couldn''t make it out...McNally''s accent was too thick.

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]So how were the negotiations going then purple? Couldn''t make it out...McNally''s accent was too thick.[/quote]

Well I think McNally was understandably nervous, because - as you know - the whole meaning of Judoon changes depending on whether they have their interlocutor by the throat (literally) or vice versa. It was Delia''s careless use of "Do you want French fries with that or a nice green salad?" in talks with our Judoonian bankers that precipitated the financial crisis of 2009.Given that I think McNally does OK. He outlines the idea of lifting the hotel up a bit, and the Judoon say that would be too small a scheme to make it cost effective for them, space travel being what it is now, with the inter-galactic congestion charge. So how about moving the entire city of Norwich to the Atacama Desert in South America? Plenty of space there for car parking. McNally just checks the Judoon are sure they can get planning permission for that from the Chilean authorities and says "Ma ho", ie "Done".